The transfer market

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

The transfer market Empty
PostSubject: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr - 8:27

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone has seen my post on the 'has the game become too hard section' but interested to know how we try to get the transfer market going again?

I made 3 suggestions:

1: Increasing the importance of money by allowing teams to bring in quality new players through splashing cash

2: Making it more difficult to keep players happy who should but are not playing regular first team football to the point that they demand transfers- this stops teams having good players sitting on their bench week after week. This may also stimulate the loan market!

3: The most radical suggestion- allowing English teams to sign players who do not play in England. As there is a limited amount of quality players available for English managers, further limited by some playing for teams abroad there is essentially no real movement in the transfer market unless managers leave the game. As such, is there a need to now relax the rules a bit? To avoid the game getting too unrealistic a quota system of 4 non English based players could be bought in for instance?

Your thoughts on this would be great as I think we need to improve this area of the game, especially to keep people interested in the game for long periods of time.
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr - 10:00

I think you're point 2 is covered by the "first 11" characteristic attributed to certain players. I currently have Check Tiote kicking off cos he's not in the first team. Anybody interested? Wink

I don't agree with point 3, I like the restriction and it's one of the main reasons that I continue to play, although it's changed a lot since the pant wetting days when Klinsman came to this country to play his football! There is plenty of foreign talent to pick up now....
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr - 13:53

I agree with the second point but do they actually demand transfers or are they just unhappy? As managers may choose to put up with a few 'unhappy' players if it means they can keep them which is the main problem... Third point is merely a suggestion...
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr - 21:22

if a player is unhappy because they want regular football then that player wont sign a new contract. So eventually they will lose this player.

This is happening with Diego Capel at the moment with me, I can't give him any playing time so it's time for us to part now or when his contract expires!!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr - 23:09

Yeah I see what you mean mate however of that is 60 weeks away then again you have the same problem. If a player is unhappy in real life he doesn't wait 3 seasons till his contract expires so should that be the case in the game?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr - 0:27

first of all, a good post ben and interesting discussion.

players should maybe expect to play a percentage of your competitive games over a season depending on their CR (including european and domestic cup matches). something like....60% of games for a 99cr, 50% for a 97cr, 40% for a 95cr, 30% for a 94cr, 20% for a 92cr, 10% for a 90cr. the percentage calculated from games available to play in so excludes games where he is injured or suspended.

I don't think your 3rd option is worth much consideration to be honest Ben. Paul has come on here before a couple of years back and mentioned that in an other game where english clubs were allowed to buy anybody they liked that the game was ruined within a few seasons with two or three 'super clubs'. I think the 3rd option for you should perhaps be to consider moving to Europe if you're finding that getting players is too hard? its something to consider because its perhaps unfair to expect the rules to change to suit yourself or a handful of people when the majority are happy with the state of play.

Regards the value of hard cash - as i mentioned somewhere else I think the value of cash has increased since the under 29 swap rule. this has meant that players over 28 are available for a better price. This may not be the case in England as the demand for a good player is higher than supply, unlike in Europe, where there's such a dirth of talent at our disposal that players over 29 are not as worth as much as they used to be and more readily available as they cannot be swapped out to reality managed clubs. Also, Paul has recently lowered the swap values of our players you may well have noticed which means if you do a swap it will now cost you a lot more money. a 94cr is only worth 2 million to swap out on average, whereas a 94cr to buy is valued at around 6 million, so to even swap a player of equal rating now costs 4 million plus same rated player (depending o age of course).

I think we should all study closely the value of cash now before making hasty requests for further changes to make cash even more valuable. I was saying only to someone else recently that, personally, I find cash beneficial to have ~i always have but~ expenses are now higher - VAT, wages, transfer swaps to name but three recent increased expenditure. I have a feeling that most clubs will start finding themselves shorter and shorter on cash as the weeks progress, especially if they are swapping players a lot, which can only be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr - 3:05

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr - 7:17

Agree with Stu's post,

1. Leave the English restriction alone
2. Unhappy players is good
3. The value of cash is increasing week by week
4. If you allow clubs to just by from unmanaged with cash, you will soon find the gap between the haves and the have nots is even bigger even quicker
5. We've spent ages asking for change to make the game harder...let's give it a chance
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr - 10:25

Defo agree with the idea of unhappy players although what happens after they become unhappy? Do they request a transfer, go awol or just affect team performance?

Personally I think that players with first 11 as their expectation should expect to play at least 90% of games that they are available for. Any less and, as in real life, they would look elsewhere for opportunities and hand in transfer requests?

Not sure whether anyone agrees/disagrees?

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The transfer market   The transfer market Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr - 11:58

thats too high ben, the modern game is a squad game. 75% is high enough i think (see other thread). do you think lionel messi and sergio busquets are going to start moaning in real life because they missed the league games against Almeria, Zaragoza and Hercules aswell as most of the Copa del Rey? no, so 90% is certainly far too high.

regards the requests of transfers - my idea is that at the end of each season perhaps the system could calculate the amount of games a player has played in relation to those he was available for and if he hasn't reached the required % of games then in Weeks 23 and 24 is when you get hit with transfer requests. Atleast this then happens once a season, as you rightly mentioned elsewhere Ben its a tad unrealistic at present tha we can offer a player a 4 year contract and he can just sit in the squad for the entire duration without so much kicking up a fuss. the lower ratings are the biggest victims in this as those rated 88-92 rarely get games at our clubs.

there should definitely be a FIRST 25 along with the two we already have of FIRST 11 and FIRST 18. Player's on First 25 would mainly see the better youth players at clubs ( and those that refuse to go into the academy ) given such status. So, basically, the only player's that won't have any squad attitude are those rated lower than 88 or 90. This is certainly fair as every premier league player in real life would expect to be FIRST 25 since that is the squad allowance. So, you'd then have something like 97-99 cr's expecting FIRST 11, 93-95 cr's expecting FIRST 18 and then 88/90-92 cr's expecting FIRST 25. I don't think its realistic really that people have 40 players in their academies and players rated 88/90-92 in them accept being in it. I have a 92 rated player in my academy who is a regular in real life for Toulouse and whilst he possibly wouldn't expect First 18 in my squad he should atleast expect to be First 25 and that's the reason I think it'd be good to introduce an additional squad attitude of First 25 as player's like him would then become part of the first team squad, as they quite rightly should be. This in turn would lead to clubs having to cut their squads a little further with these types of youths and ratings expecting First 25, which can only be a good thing. If a young player has become good its not right that he can just play youth football forever, he needs to start screaming for First 25 and then if he isn't getting games ask for a transfer a season later. if he's a good youth player, he won't want to be sat on his backside playing youth football.

aside from this, i think clubs should actually be allowed to have more players in their youth academies. why would i want this you ask? well, if the better youth players started demanding to be first 25 then that of course moves those players up a level in the game. If there was a FIRST 25 squad attitude in place then the better ones will always move on, you'd never have a youth academy completely filled with star youths. how many youths do you think barcelona, arsenal and juventus have on their books in real life? you'd be surprised....but of course as soon as they become too good for the youth teams ( or in Barca's case Barcelona B ) they either promote to the first team, go on loan somewhere to get games or move on, so what i'm saying is if the game was up to speed with real life then you should certainly be able to have limitless youths.
Back to top Go down

The transfer market
Page 1 of 1