Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 9 - Balancing Act Empty
PostSubject: Week 9 - Balancing Act   Week 9 - Balancing Act Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan - 19:26

Here comes week 9, later than normal I think due to strikes and christmas delays. Will it be worth waiting for?

Not sure if anyone else had the same problem, but it is getting to the stage of the season, where playing in more than one competition starts to create problems in selecting teams.

Which competitions have you given priority? Anyone other than me given the cup game a stronger line-up than the league team? Literally put my reserves out in the league and first XI in the cup. Nice to have that luxury, other circumstances would dictate different I'm sure.

All this whilst trying to keep one eye on the usually anticlimactic January transfer window. Always promises much, but never really delivers.

Are there many big deals out there this week? Any promising youngsters being snapped up?

Last edited by Tom@Charlton-Bayern on Tue 5 Jan - 22:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 - Balancing Act   Week 9 - Balancing Act Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan - 19:51

No suprise that another Chelsea youngster joins the ranks this week. Big cash deal for a player going out, in preparation for a number of deals coming in over the next few turns!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 - Balancing Act   Week 9 - Balancing Act Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan - 20:17

Fixture wise its the biggest week ive had yet.

The big guns visit The Cottage, Table topping Arsenal in the league and premiership Liverpool in the cup.

Priority is certainly with the league fixture, as Phil predicted my initial excitement and eager anticipation about our clash has been replaced with worry and apprehention.

May have a made a selection mistake (time will tell), would have been a brave decision to do the alternative but i simply wasnt brave enough, and im starting to worry i should have done it.

transfer wise, one youngster out, Jimmy Kebe to return to his natural environment (league 1),a brazilian youngster to arrive on trial(hopefully) in anticipation of him turning up in Blighty.

Giving the talented Dominik Hofbauer a contract at the cottage and trying to new in a couple of friends for him so hes not all alone in the 'revolving door' youth academy Wink

Vicenza, newing in a few more players with weird and wanderful names to go with the brilliantly named Ricky Van Wolfswinkel !!

Hopefully theyll be able to add to their current run of 8 straight wins and seria C domination.lol!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 - Balancing Act   Week 9 - Balancing Act Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan - 20:34

Roma have made 10 changes to the coppa italia, the only player to play both the cup and league sides being the one leaving the club as i dont give a shit if his stamina goes down or suffers an injury. so...that's where my priority lies....clearly Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 - Balancing Act   Week 9 - Balancing Act Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan - 21:00

All about the League for Inter. Away at Empoli for one of the hardest games of the season. Reserve team out in the Cup.

Transfer wise Goran Padev is coming to Inter although he's in need of a serious review.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 - Balancing Act   Week 9 - Balancing Act Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan - 0:01

Well, i've played the same team in the league and cup against a aston villa side, hopefully i will progress the revenue helps keep level at the bank lol, but next turn is my biggest turn so far, as im letting 3 players leave the emirates and bringing in 2 players which will hopefully improve my 1st team and that will most likely be the end of all my Major transfers for the season, il stick to new's and trials after that. also i have a Must win trip to nantes in order to progress in the europa league if i lose im out, if i draw its out of my hands, if i win.. we go level on points into the last game which i have at home.

this week in the league i have a trip to the cottage, im not too confident of keeping up my 100% winning streak but i shall have to wait and see what i get........... lets hope your team selection doesnt pay off lol!
Back to top Go down

Week 9 - Balancing Act
Page 1 of 1