Rob@Barcelona
Tom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Resigning end of the season Empty
PostSubject: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 10:36

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd might as well make this public. I've told Paul two or three weeks ago that I shall be resigning from Roma at the end of this season once they are relegated out of the division. I havn't decided yet what i'm going to do whether its a new job or just stay out of the game for a period of time so for now i've kept my options open on that front, but as far as Paul is concerned i'm definitely quitting if Roma finish in the bottom three.

I probably don't need to cite my reasons, because lets face it if I was managing this squad of player's in real life i'd have been given the abramovich treatment by now. I weighed up everything in my recent 2 or 3 turn absence and afterwards outlined my reasoning to Paul. I don't play the game to necessarily win but I do like competing against human managers. and if i'm not competing against human manager's then I atleast want to be playing some half decent competitive games so that I feel i'm getting some value. The way i've analyzed things, if Roma are relegated then I'd definitely have to sell 2 maybe 3 players to supplement the loss of revenue. Then there's the thought of playing 22 games where 70% of them are, as far as I am concerned, meaningless. It's not league snobbery, I just don't see the point in paying £200 to manage a team that is ruined, and then playing a load of mediocre games. It's just not what I play the game for and I personally can't justify paying the price of a season ticket for niether that or ruining this team. It just seems silly to me to put this team back in the recycle bin where it was 2 seasons ago and start from the ground up. there's still a possbility that Roma might stay up of course but the way results have gone I very much doubt it.

I did notice that Paul put something up about league restrucuting of sub divisions the other week and to be honest I'm not sure I could allow a reprieve to change my mind. I just don't like the idea that people would think goalposts have only been moved simply to spare Roma from relegation. If Roma finish in the bottom three then they deserve to go down, and me too with them. So, if they finish 10th then i'll be gone and that is a fact.

One last thing is please do not contact me about selling players for favours as my name is not Martin Higham and I won't be party to a destruction exercise. You can all fight for whatever you might want when I have left. If you want to do a deal with me between now and the end of the season then you can take it from me that it will only be considered based on the assumption that i'm staying rather than leaving....i.e I won't just swap any fodder for my fodder.

thanks
Stuart
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 13:15

I'm human.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 13:21

you we'rent the last time you thrashed me Wink just think, you'll have parma, sampdoria and reggina to thrash next year instead of me

Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 13:47

Come on Parma. Let's be having you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 13:48

Shame Stu, Hopefully you will stay up, but i hope you stay in the game because i need someone to take the piss out of and your always game for a bit of banter lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 21:26

Stu, unless Chievo go up...I'm moving feeder clubs in the summer

Can't decide whether to go to France, Spain, holland etc

Fancy any of them?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 22:45

I fancy some spanish inside me. easier on the language front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 22:52

I've been leaning that way too...
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 23:12

Atletico Madrid would give a tasty derby against the prima donna's across the city.
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 7:36

Lol, easy 3 points
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 9:36

6 points Iain. It'll be 6.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 12:34

maybe this is where Iain's been going wrong himself in recent seasons, forgetting that there is a second half to the season lol
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 12:43

Well i hope you dont leave the game Stu, i hope you decide to pick up a new challange. im not sure due to having portsmouth u decided against england but there is far more managers in this league so if you want to play vs more managers then it would be the best place.

but spain isnt a bad shout either due to the well known teams in that division and well it would always be a good challenge to try shake up the Barca/Madrid duel.

but for what its worth, we all enjoy ur company in the game!
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 12:49

If a few of you fella's are moving into Spain then I'll transfer my feeder over..... the more the merrier!
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Resigning end of the season   Resigning end of the season Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 20:40

i'm loving the idea of having more managed clubs in Spain!! Very Happy

Tho would prefer to see Stu keep Roma going as he's been doing a del boy with them for a long time!
Back to top Go down

Resigning end of the season
Page 1 of 1