Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 22:26

Mines also 22.... lol
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 22:29

so thats 47 then in total...excl schoolboy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 22:30

see both sides of the discussion.

but i too am with thomas on this occasion, Rolling Eyes

on a seperate note i was discussing with tom today about what people might think if next seasons european cup competitons were segregated.

European cup for parent and top european clubs

Europa for Feeder clubs and europes second tier clubs.

Would be able to find out who has the top feeder club and give a little extra competiton between us.

also would prevent £5 being wasted and getting your feeder and parent in the same group together.

any of us out there fancy total european domination and wrapping up both trophys??

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 22:32

on a slightly seperate note.

Derby Derby Derby !!!!!!!!

COYR!!!!!!

get the F£$! in!!!!!

got to enjoy it while it lasts.

2 on the bounce from season start not since 1973.
3 on the bounce from season start not since 1948.
4 Fuck knows!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 22:37

paul said earlier in the season that there would be a youth club championship next season? wonder if thats going ahead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 22:55

Hmmm...

If the B team was capped at 92 CR, and the youth team was capped at 88 CR, then possibly. But if you get this wrong then you undo 2 years of lobbying to get the hoarding stopped..
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:00

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Mine is only 22

Mines only 20 now, been changed very recently!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:03

Rich@Leicester wrote:
But if you get this wrong then you undo 2 years of lobbying to get the hoarding stopped..

id rather not risk it.

it makes the game more challenging when u have to make a decison on whether u think a player will make it or not and not just hang on to him for ever and a day til it becomes obvious.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:07

thats true rich. great idea. what if then...

youth team = 19 and under (88 cr cap)
B team - 23 and under (92cr cap)
reserves = any age

which means scrap schoolboy league and replace with B teams

players can be loaned to feeder clubs aged 23 and under

all players 21 and under stay in youth academy until they turn 22 regardless of ability.

if the caps are used as rich suggested and as described above then it wouldnt matter that a 94cr was in the academy as he would have to play in atleast the reserve team, which means there is no issue of hoarding

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:09

Agreed Will.

Stu, if you've got 10 players in your youth academy, wtf is your motivation?

Is it by any chance that you've got a load of 23/24 year olds that you can't make your mind up about?

Come on sunshine...grow a pair eh? Smile)

Last edited by Rich@Leicester on Wed 17 Aug - 23:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:10

Stu... We need a poll
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:10

Will@Fulham wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
But if you get this wrong then you undo 2 years of lobbying to get the hoarding stopped..

id rather not risk it.

it makes the game more challenging when u have to make a decison on whether u think a player will make it or not and not just hang on to him for ever and a day til it becomes obvious.

the thing is tho will, this is better than the exisitng setup of having two youth leagues, which is pretty pointless i think. why does there need to be a youth league for under 19 and another for under 21?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:12

I enter 6 players in my youth team and one in my schoolboy league, which is useless.

However, I don't think that giving you licence to hold another 25 under-23's is the answer
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:17

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Agreed Will.

Is it by any chance that you've got a load of 23/24 year olds that you can't make your mind up about?

Come on sunshine...grow a pair eh? Smile)

lol. no my motivation is simply that i dont think there's any use in having an under 19 and under 21 league. it'd be better for continuity really i think that theres just one youth league and then a B league which can enable players upto 23 or whatever. i kind of look at it as if i was a manager with 5 or 6 players that i quite like who are about to turn 22. i dont see the harm in them staying around a little while if i'm paying the wages. i just think its a good idea that players going from 21 to 22 can serve a purpose. i dunno maybe paul should just up the loan age to feeder clubs to 24 like rob said in his one line suggestion (as opposed to my 97 lines - i've counted them) and that'll do.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:18

Rich@Leicester wrote:

However, I don't think that giving you licence to hold another 25 under-23's is the answer

who said another 25? they would still have to fit into your 25 man senior squad is what i said Smile

which means....if you have 22 players as your first team and reserves then you really only then have 3 more slots for such players in the 22-23 age group that you may want to keep.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug - 23:39

I actually enjoy the youth and schoolboy at the minute.

Mainly because I have only dropped 6 points out of the last 132 available (W41 D3 L0), in the youth league. And climbed out of the drop zone in the schoolboy league despite having played about 8 games less than everyone else.

Surely you get out of these leagues what you're willing to put in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 7:56

Stuart@Roma wrote:
i dunno maybe paul should just up the loan age to feeder clubs to 24 like rob said in his one line suggestion (as opposed to my 97 lines - i've counted them) and that'll do.

You've counted them?. Right lads we have a new reason to have a Hemsoft night out. We really, and I mean really need to get Stu laid very soon.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 8:04

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Hmmm...

If the B team was capped at 92 CR, and the youth team was capped at 88 CR, then possibly. But if you get this wrong then you undo 2 years of lobbying to get the hoarding stopped..

I don't believe Paul can cap a team by PT or CR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 9:15

Am i the only one who does'nt even look at my reserve,youth,schoolboy teams???.....maybe i should but im trying to sort the 1st team out first
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 9:32

I'm with you Gaz. Am not particularly bothered about them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 10:27

Can't remember the last time i even looked at them and even tried to pick a team lol
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 10:31

Well, if you read Page 12 of the Rulebook, it says make sure all first team players have competition in there places by playing someone in the same position in the reserve team. and well if doesnt hurt does it? Plus it builds TU over the season, and increases skills cause there playing and if they have a Superb or Sublime performance when u need to put them into ur first 11 they will be in good form...

Makes sense when u think about it.. I check my everyweek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 10:33

oh, I pick a team and get some continuity etc etc. I just dont go overboard newing youngsters for the sake of it. I'd rather spend money on the first teamers
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Elite Development Squads   Elite Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 15:43

i think you can only really properly invest in youth once you're completely happy with your starting XI. even then i think the second most important things are the infrastructure - buildings, staff, coaches. once thats done then the youth team probably becomes the most important part of the club. its taken me 4 seasons to get to that point. i think managing your feeder club correctly is pretty important too. there's different ways of doing it and obviously a feeder club is their to benefit the parent one by being a supply chain of talent and loaning players from your parent too. rob probably manages his best in terms of how he always seems to sell good players to inter that he brought through at boca but then re-invest it properly so that the team is not weakened. but there's other ways of managing a feeder club well from sourcing foreign players that might play in england for example that you could move to your english parent. or even just actually using your feeder club to sign young players to sell at profit or use in other deals (will). there's not really a right or wrong way to do it. well, there is a wrong way and that would be evident if the feeder club either has a weaker team than it started out with or if the money gained from sales isnt re-invested in other areas of the club
Back to top Go down

Elite Development Squads
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2