Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

McClaren Resigns Empty
PostSubject: McClaren Resigns   McClaren Resigns Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct - 20:17

so, the red mist has finally descended among what might possibly be the hardest set of supporters to satisfy. "McClaren didnt understand why we sacked Billy" claimed one fan on sky sports news. Well, who could when the only thing to understand is that their supporters think the club is bigger than what it is. the investment obviously isn't there at the moment and although Billy Davies will live to regret the need for 'stellar signings' - amongst other bold statements - maybe forest fans may start to regret him being fired. I don't rate Davies very highly but he did have one attribute - ambition. something forest seem to now be lacking.

Rob - who do you want? Keano? O'Neill. Can't see O'Neill taking the job on.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

McClaren Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: McClaren Resigns   McClaren Resigns Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct - 20:44

The plot thickens as Nigel Doughty has also stepped down as chairman!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

McClaren Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: McClaren Resigns   McClaren Resigns Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct - 21:33

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

McClaren Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: McClaren Resigns   McClaren Resigns Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct - 21:49

Only one man for me. Has to be O'Neill.

I know it sounds unlikely to start with, but thinking about it, he hasn't had a job for over a year and must be itching to get back into it.

He is too good to be a championship manager but is kind of in a difficult position, where he is too good for a lot of premier clubs too. The clubs he should be at, all have long term managers.

Plus he loves the midlands, still hoping he moves back to the little village where it all started and uses his local Post Office.

The only club I think he would consider starting again with, is Forest.

He is the only answer in my eyes......

Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

McClaren Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: McClaren Resigns   McClaren Resigns Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct - 22:01

Hope you're right!

He's definitely my pick, he has been every time we've been looking since cloughie retired!

Doubt it'll happen tho, it'll probably end up being Roy keane!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

McClaren Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: McClaren Resigns   McClaren Resigns Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct - 22:21

If Roy Keane takes over I'm all over Mansfield. Read that whatever way you want.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

McClaren Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: McClaren Resigns   McClaren Resigns Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct - 23:24

If you want my tip for the Forest job - Nigel Clough. If you look at the operating budget that forest have they probably can't get in another top rated manager. Forest have overspent the past three seasons under Billy Davies and in doing so have not achieved their stated aim of reaching the premiership. The club is skint and i'm really not sure they can afford O'Neill, but who knows I guess.

Clough would tick many boxes - would have the clubs interests at heart, would appeal to the fans, would get the players motivated to play for the club and also more crucially Clough has now proven himself to be an acheiver with a limited budget. Everything fits with him, much more than Roy Keane i think, who made a gash of the ipswich job it must be said. He'd say he didn't have the resources to do the job.....but that's exactly why you'd give the job to Clough instead. Though you would have to say why would Clough swap derby for forest. both think they are massive, neither are, but derby are moving forward and forest back to the third tier.

As for O'Neill, i'd fancy him for a return to the pending Celtic vacancy, though given the austerity measures in the Scottish game I'm not sure Lennon would be fired anytime soon or indeed if Celtic could afford the lucrative salary required to secure him. I also think there's better jobs coming up than Forest (sorry to say that) which O'Neill would be rubbing his hands at. I still think Arsene Wenger might resign from Arsenal - there's no way he'd be fired but i have a sneaky feeling he might quit soon, in which case O'Neill would fit the bill their. If not Arsenal then Steve Bruce is probably the current bookies favourite for the firing line and the Sunderland job might be of interest to him I think.
Back to top Go down

McClaren Resigns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Football Chat-
Jump to: