Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Week 10:-European Adventures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Week 10:-European Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 12:03

Well this time next week we will be waiting for our league results with baited breath and most of us hoping for a good result in our european games!

I'm hoping for a good result against Porto to seal qualification and also a win against Blackburn after last weeks loss at Mark's resurgent Newcastle!

On the transfer front its 2 in, 1 out hopefully making me stronger overall, a trialist coming in hopefully and 5 reviews!

So the question is what's everbody's hopes for this turn?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 15:56

turn sent...loads happening. so much that ive already got 7 dealing spaces pre-booked for next turn. shame we didnt have more this week after the winter break! seemed like a winter break anyway.

i need to get my players to get a hold of the ball a lot more so a change in tactical approach this week against third place reggina. anxious about it but i'm certain its the way forward for this team, fed up with the predictable tm play
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 17:36

I have a few things happening, transfers in and out, trialists and NEW's.

A couple of transfers in particular should excite the fans at both Newcastle and Perugia but I need to have another cull at Newcastle (too many players again affraid ) so look out for a bargain bucket sale coming soon!

Tricky away tie to Villa and this will be the true test of Newcastle's form and tactics as it's my first away game for five weeks. Apprehensive.

I'm hoping that my non appearance in Europe this year keeps my players fresh and benefits my league form but good luck to everyone else that are still in it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 18:30

Well, first turn back in the game and i have not even opened my turn!
Gonna fill it all in first thing in the morning and hope it gets there if i hand deliver it to the mail depot.

No deals set-up so gonna go with what i already have this week.

Gonna take me a while to put my stamp on things!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 13:31

Massive week in Europe for Charlton, home to Juventus. A win would seal qualification, highly unlikely I know but I can dream. Because of this I have made 9 changes in the league so am expecting a bad result there too!! Could be a crap week for the Addicks.

Bayern have officially given up on Europe, too many draws have left me on the brink of elimination. As a result, I have literally played the kids, who can't get in the youth team, so wouldn't be surprised to see a heavy defeat there too.
My only hope is Bayern in the league, and the slim chance of Schalke dropping any points.

Think I've got mid-season blues.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 13:46

Inter have fielded a complete youth side in Europe as I've already won the group. Hopefully this will have a good impact on the league as all my players will be rested. On a negative I've had to leave out 2 of my best players from the League team because they were shattered. So I'm not expecting anything in Europe or against Juventus domestically.

Mid season blues? Me too maybe.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 19:18

Looks like a good week for Lee then!! Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 19:21

rob...if empoli can win with 5 changes then i'm sure you can too Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 21:12

Very tricky league game away to an Excellent Leeds team (probably the best non managed team ive played player wise).
Bit of a goalkeeping crisis see's young rookie Luke Daniels take his place between the sticks, defensive reshuffle as well,oh and a slight midfield tweek to boot, so im really not overly confident of getting a positive outcome.

As for europe, qualification is impossible, massively underestimated the drain that entering Europe has put on the squad and will have to look seriously at the depth of the squad if a european adventure is to be undertaken again.

Some much needed retail therapy after last weeks defeat will see Ivan Klasnic & Steven Pienaar move to the cottage to boost competition.

Vicenza, attempting to bring in more young talent, although since sending the turn have found half the targets are already taken....Doh!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan - 13:13

fully expect 3 points at home to Notts County (there's something wrong with that sentence). Discovered that the consecutive defeats were largely down to defenses poor stamina, and Franck Queudrue's inability to spell the word 'offside'

As a result there's a defensive shift about. Madjid Bougherra & Wayne Bridge both make competitive debut's. Theres also a slight tweak in Midfield line up.

Osman & Dann both head for pastures new, with Di Santo the notable arrival of the week.

Cheivo. No idea who we're playing. Expect another surprise win from Serie C's in-form defense. 1 goal conceeded in last 5 games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan - 17:09

theres no chance i'll win in europe, given up with that, charlton will only score in the last minute to win or equalise anyway, dont matter what i do.....

in the league, i think if, and its a big if, i win, i think it would be hard for inter to get back in the title hunt, that would knock them a bit off the pace, but imo, 1-1 draw is most likely in my league game..........
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan - 17:16

well im on 7points, and nantes are on 10.. if i beat nantes, i go top on goal dif... and then i have to beat grasshoppers in the last match.. i hope i can keep with the pace, i've played my team in Both Europe and League, but i have reduced training, and allowed players to rest. which has worked wonders for there stamina. so i shall hopefully get 2 positive results *fingers crossed*

lets hope they get put up soon! lol
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan - 18:17

nothing tonight i'm afraid fellas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan - 9:35

Turn arrived here. 1-0 away win. Hull really needed that !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan - 11:11

A couple of very interesting matches to come in the Cup !
Forum vs Forum, bragging rights etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan - 12:05

My turn has just arrived and a 2-1 loss at home was not what i was predicting!
Gonna be making major changes this turn as tactic is not what i want to be playing!

Watch this space!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10:-European Adventures   Week 10:-European Adventures Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan - 18:40

1-1 at home to Milan,the green giant scoring in the 90th minute,im happy with that.....greeeeeen giant!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Week 10:-European Adventures
Page 1 of 1