Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

How are we doing with Reality Managers ???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Empty
PostSubject: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 14:16

I like to keep asking this question because it is a fairly new addition to the game and we need to gauge its effectiveness for awhile.

So how's it working out for you ?

Ive got their team effectiveness at about 50% in terms of team organisation which seems to be about right now ?

Ive got their squad cohesiveness on 100% which does make it difficult to swapbid their players, so how's that working out ?

Your views as usual are very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 15:13

Really enjoying having them in the game to be honest. Good to have the option of doing a deal with them, if you can find the right player in exchange.
Some people might find it too difficult sometimes, but this is how it should be.

Their team effectiveness and squad cohesiveness seem to be about spot on at the minute, so seems like you have found a good balance.

Only thing I might suggest, if possible, is that they might go out more aggresively to get their own players or even players they need. If they could make more offers or just be more active transfer wise, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 15:26

yes Tom a good point, I will implement that for the next set or games.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 15:38

Can I add, it would be good to know what players they might be looking for - for instance when we go for a player could the manager come back with 'your offer was rejected but the manager indicated that they are looking for a TM, CB etc?

Additionally, when they do come looking for players could an offer not purely involve cash. For instance City have offered some cash for Robinho where as a mixed offer involving players would potentially make me think about the deal more?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 16:00

[quote="Ben@Plymouth"]Can I add, it would be good to know what players they might be looking for - for instance when we go for a player could the manager come back with 'your offer was rejected but the manager indicated that they are looking for a TM, CB etc?quote]

this is already handled by reality managers currently as they will only accept players of the required type in swapbids, for instance, if you want boros stuart downing you will have to offer a LH in exchange because that is where he is currently playing in boros team.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 16:01

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Additionally, when they do come looking for players could an offer not purely involve cash. For instance City have offered some cash for Robinho where as a mixed offer involving players would potentially make me think about the deal more?

I cant control what Geoff does at Man City but I'll pass on your message
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 17:52

okay ive done something with reality managers making bids for their real-life players and this is what ive done...

they will offer either
a) a player with cr equal or greater than the one they want
b) a player with cr-2 plus tribval of the player they want
c) no player and tribval*2

they can
make 3 bids a week
cant use the same player in multiple swaps
will bid for the best players first
bids will last for 3 weeks only
wont bid on previously employed players

so for instance Fergie would offer VanDerVaart in exchange for Rooney
he would offer Lescott plus 10m in exchange for Vidic and
he would offer Boulahrouz plus 10m for Evra

let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 18:02

This sounds great, makes sense that they would offer these amounts for their players.

Seem to be reasonable amounts, enough to make the seller tempted, but still making their own team stronger.

Good work Paul, like it.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 19:17

Ive extended this to include players that managers like or need as well as players needed to fill out relife squads,

so steve bruce would offer nadir belhadj in exchange for steed malbranque as well as diouf in exchange for bendtner

we'll see and I can always tweek it
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 20:30

Thanks for this Paul. My apologies to Geoff totally forgot he had returned to manage City- been one hell of a week already and still got tomorrow to go!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with Reality Managers ???   How are we doing with Reality Managers ??? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov - 22:47

All this is excellent news, can only improve the competion for players and the game as a whole

Looking forward to seeing some greater strength in depth from the some of the other sides, reality managed united look a real force, can't wait to have a go at them at the cottage
Back to top Go down

How are we doing with Reality Managers ???
Page 1 of 1