Tom
Rob@Barcelona
Tom@Charlton
Paul Hemmings
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage

Week 9 processing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 20:01

Rob@Inter wrote:
Will@Fulham wrote:
Although can it be rob please lol

Only joking Wink

I respect all Derby fans .... in spite of their obvious issues.

Sorry rob, completely forgot ur one of them.

How do u fancy taking ur beloved red dogs to the premeiership?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 20:02

Rob@Inter wrote:
Will@Fulham wrote:
Although can it be rob please lol

Only joking Wink

I respect all Derby fans .... in spite of their obvious issues.

hang on....are'nt forest still in a relegation scrap? or have they moved out of the bottom three now? i cna only assume the latter if rob is crowing :p not sure what either of you have got to crow about to be honest, derby and forest are effin shite. its not the mid-70s or late 70's anymore lads so wake up and smell the coffee. :p

Phil...why dont you buy Alex off me. nobody else seems motivated about
him. but he's a fucking moving chicane. he might be available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 21:06

I don't know what u mean stu for only the second time in the last ten seasons were currently not involved in a relegation scrap.....were finally living the dream of mid table mediocrity

Forest will stay up cos Pompy are f- ing idiots iv said to my Pompy mate if they keep forest up they can go down the Kirmit for all I care , harsh but true

Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 21:33

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Watford have signed Jake Livermore, Luke James and Jeremy Boga

and it'll be interesting to see if this week's review of Valero Borja is good enough to get him promoted to the first eleven in place of Mikel Arteta, which could allow Jamie to swap Arteta out for Joe Cole who he could then play at lefthalf and strengthen his team in that area. But i'm sure jamie has his own plans.

28 players means the chairman is again on his back but thats due to the three new guys which i'm sure can be sorted fairly quickly.

Chairman on the training ground whatever next ?

No plans to let Arteta go, especially for Joe Cole( would've bit their hand off for that deal 3 or 4 years ago tho)
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 21:36

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Luca Scapuzzi looks like a good player in the making in real life, seen him play a few times now and he is a bit lightweight but has an uncanny ability to find the net even with his back to goal, could turn into a star player for the future and he's on Ancona's books.

I'm confused here, never heard of him!

He's at Ancona in the game?
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 21:39

Will@Fulham wrote:
I don't know what u mean stu for only the second time in the last ten seasons were currently not involved in a relegation scrap.....were finally living the dream of mid table mediocrity

Forest will stay up cos Pompy are f- ing idiots iv said to my Pompy mate if they keep forest up they can go down the Kirmit for all I care , harsh but true

If we keep playing like we did last night against Donnie Rovers then we have no chance of staying up so u won't have to blame Pompei!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 21:43

Jamie@Watford wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Luca Scapuzzi looks like a good player in the making in real life, seen him play a few times now and he is a bit lightweight but has an uncanny ability to find the net even with his back to goal, could turn into a star player for the future and he's on Ancona's books.

Young lad at City IRL, played in Carling Cup this season. Decent prospect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar - 22:30

Jamie@Watford wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

i scouted him a few turns ago,was going to swap him in, but he dropped down my priority list as sorting my disjointed wage structure became more important.

he wasnt with u then - a rare and pleasent surprise Razz

might go back for him finally if hes still kicking about
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:17

Ive tweaked the SLO tactic slightly and it can now be played with two playmakers PMP2 or two anchormen ALAR.

Ones obviously better defensively and the other will be better going forward, but its another choice for you to make and if like Stuart you want to play with wingbacks you no longer need to have 6 players in midfield which certainly unbalances your team.

so the formations for SLO 352 will be

GK CLCCCR LKALARRK ( DY or BW or AM or MG ) STCF

playing a PM in the 352 formation will confuse things.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:17

everything's posted now so you should receive it soon
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:18

Luca Scapuzzi is at Napoli of course not Ancona, im easily confused sometimes Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:21

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
Also Paul, you mentioned that players were man marked could you many enlighten me and most managers to how affective that was too my players. pros/cons ?

Man Marking ensures that an opponent is tackled by your chosen player rather than a player chosen by the system, so you can match up the best opponets against your best tacklers, gives you a better chance of breaking up the opponenst play, but on the downside the man-marker is not available for much else except his marking duties and can be pulled out of position.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:28

For instance Mark used Kolarov to manmark Walcott so Kolarov would have been the one tackling Walcott whenever he got the ball, but on the downside Kolarov wont not be marauding up to the penalty area looking to shoot.

He also used Vidic TA 9.5 HD 9.5 to mark Tevez AE 9.5 HD 9.5 so by doing this he is ensuring that he always has a reasonable chance of getting the ball from Tevez as both players are evenly balanced on these skills. Tevez does have a further advantage as he can also use his TK 9.5 to avoid tackles as well as his agility and Vidic's KN 8.5 gives Tevez a bit of an advantage here, but generally he's got him as covered as he can be.

I think that gives you an idea of how effective mm can or cant be ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:31

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Arsenal are up next.

FLY5 424 58% Tevez TM sublime mom DYsublime AMsuperb LBCFgood GKpoor

Vidic marked Tevez Coleman marked Malouda and Kolarov marked Walcott.

Arsenal created 8 chances to 2 but had to rely on a last minute goal from the departed Tevez, so a mixed game I'd say, plenty of chances and possesion against the leaders but only Koscielny doing well in defence and that nearly scuppered you.

Paul, i've noticed youve been talking about defenders playing badly by coming out of defence to play the ball etc is this the case for me or is it just cause i have a shocking CB??
thanks.

for the game against newcastle your Cb matchup went like this...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:37

CL koscielny TA 9.5 HD 9.5 KN 8.0

CR Djourou TA 8.0 HD 8.0 KN 8.0

ST Giovani AE 8.0 HD 7.5 TK 8.0

S2 Balotelli AE 9.0 HD 9.0 TK 8.0

so you can workout the matchup results from those figures, all the time Koscielny was doing the tackling you would have been with the upper hand, Djourou would have had the slight upper hand in the air against Giovani but not Balotelli.

On the field of play ST and S2 move around alot so some of the time you would have been good other times not. You couldnt really ask your CBs to mm either cos Mark was playing with 3 DYs which would of torn your defence to shreds had your 2CBs been mm.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 17:13

another slight tweak ive made is to force players to look for strikers before choosing a non-striker to pass to when they get in a position to make a visionary pass, this will increase the importance/involvement of strikers in and around the box. something they do need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 17:30

Paul Hemmings wrote:
another slight tweak ive made is to force players to look for strikers before choosing a non-striker to pass to when they get in a position to make a visionary pass, this will increase the importance/involvement of strikers in and around the box. something they do need.

This is excellent as strikers don't get enough goals for my liking...nut then again mine is Eduardo the janny hey Paul lol!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 18:10

Paul Hemmings wrote:
CL koscielny TA 9.5 HD 9.5 KN 8.0

CR Djourou TA 8.0 HD 8.0 KN 8.0

ST Giovani AE 8.0 HD 7.5 TK 8.0

S2 Balotelli AE 9.0 HD 9.0 TK 8.0

so you can workout the matchup results from those figures, all the time Koscielny was doing the tackling you would have been with the upper hand, Djourou would have had the slight upper hand in the air against Giovani but not Balotelli.

On the field of play ST and S2 move around alot so some of the time you would have been good other times not. You couldnt really ask your CBs to mm either cos Mark was playing with 3 DYs which would of torn your defence to shreds had your 2CBs been mm.

This is brilliant! good to see how my defenders line up. he doesnt have terrible skill when the bonuses are given too him!

I'm just looking forward to my turn!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 18:21

Looks like Rich was right then, it was Djourou's fault!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 21:59

Bloody hell ! How big does the bonus have to be to make Djourou good???

surely money cant buy that lol Wink
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 22:03

If money could buy it, I'm not convinced that even Sheikh Mansour could afford that amount!!Very Happy

Sorry Phil.Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 22:46

paul....is there any possiblity that you 'might' be able to bring back the 2 CF option? obviously i'm imagining here it would need some sort of tweak to lower the effectiveness of 2 CF's since it was out-performing most forward combo's when we last had the option.

there are teams in real life of course that do play 2 CF's (stoke with crouch and cameron jerome is one that springs to mind). any chance of it making a comeback?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Mar - 11:24

I was wondering the same thing Stu?. Since I was forced to stop using 2 x CF's, I've had to alter tactics and my ST just isnt involved at all..yet when I drop the ST in favour of a DY, things go pear-shaped...

Paul, would the CF & F2 not just patrol the inside left and the inside right chanels? as ST and S2 do? just higher up the pitch?.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Mar - 12:51

turn here. and on the funny side Iain gets manager of the week for losing!!! Laughing

oh and tom you have too much time on your hands at the moment going by the flyer you wrote!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Mar - 13:50

lol, Matt, Iain unsurprisingly battered my Betis side.

Chances - 3-17
Score - 3-2

You gotta love this game..
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 9 processing   Week 9 processing - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Mar - 13:53

He wont be a happy boy when reading it, saw Messi's rating of 95 and thought you must have been a little bit lucky!

Just noticed Pato played as DY instead of Schweinsteiger! And he got MOM! Shocked
Back to top Go down

Week 9 processing
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next