Ben@Plymouth
Mark@Newcastle
Rob@Barcelona
Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Week 11 processing - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 18:42

Would be interested to see how MIX played out against SLO and where i could possibly tweak this after scoring for fun in previous weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 18:48

Agree rich,

Very surprising, not sure how much a step up it is from psv to sporting

Although he has got fellow former eredevise player Ricky van wolfwinkel there who's doing very well in his first season so maybe that was a factor
Strange one though, I thought he stay at psv and develope his education as he was playing regurly in a decent side

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 18:51

Sporting do have a cracking record with young players as well, looks very much like a stepping stone move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 18:56

Agree,

They do seem to be one if these clubs the big boys are happy to buy from after a player has done their time there

It's as if they carry a sufficient pedigree that the big clubs trust
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 19:09

The best u19 team in Europe bar none, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 19:18

Officially the best U19 team is Inter as they just won the Nextgen which is pretty much a Champions League for U19's. Semi's were them, Liverpool, Marseille and Ajax (runners up).

Sporting did top a group with Liverpool but lost to Inter in the first knockout round.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 19:24

Did you watch any of it Rob?

Inter had a fair bit of luck en route, Sporting crashed out unjustly as they dominated the quarter final they were in. Just couldn't put the ball in the net.

Watched Sporting twice this season in the Nextgen and they were unbelievable, one of the best sides I have ever seen, youth and first team wise.

The technical ability was outstanding, but their pass and move was to die for.

I found out why they are called the little Barca!!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 20:36

Saw Inter and they looked very solid with Crisetig and Bessa standing out. Ajax looked very good in the final - and Klaasen the stand out. I think there were lots of very skilful teams but not many with a real tactical plan. That's why Inter won it I think.

To your point though S porting, Barcelona. Ajax, Marseille all played really great football. Not many decent defenders though.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 20:58

Very true mate.

Tried to recruit Klaasen this turn, but alas Greg already has him.

Matt has got a gem in Viktor Fischer too.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 7:59

Just a word from King Kenny on the proposed Nigel De Jong deal.

The system estimates that Liverpool should be a Premiership team, thats the goal set by the system for the Reality Manager, so he is unlikely to acquire any players that arent Premiership quality. Because they are in league one that means any players he does acquire should be capable of establishing themselves playing Premiership football in 2 to 3 seasons, the time that Liverpool would expect to be established back in the top flight.

Looking at the players involved in the proposed swap deal we have

De Jong 27 9999 2 seasons will be 29 9999 good premiership player

Tiago 30 9797 in 2 seasons will be 32 9797 borderline 9795

Cuellar 30 9797 in 2 seasons will be 32 9797 borderline 9795

Gervinho 24 9594

none of the 3 players offered have the Liverpool real-life player bonus

so Kenny decided aganst the deal. Just thought you'd like to see the reasoning behind why he said no.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Thu 5 Apr - 8:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 8:03

King Kenny did propose a couple of alternative deals though...

De Jong 27 9999 for

Skrtel 27 9797 reallife Liverpool player in 2 seasons 29 9797 and

Carroll 23 9794 reallife Liverpool player in 2 seasons 25 9797 (hopefully)

I know Carroll is on protected contract but he would be released from that contract if you wanted to pursue this deal seeing as how he is a reallife Liverpool player.

or

Milner 26 9797 would fill a poor LH slot 28 9797

Carroll 23 9794 25 9797

I know Carroll is on protected contract but he would be released from that contract if you wanted to pursue this deal seeing as how he is a reallife Liverpool player.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 8:10

Great insight again Paul into how Reality Manager work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 10:02

Fair comments from king kenny

Will have to think long and hard about it

I think the way things are panning out right now id be more inclined to offer Robben being as I seem to be failing to get the best out if him

Shame I can't buy bent out of his contract, just can't see how I'm going to get him involved being as WIN seems to be a stuttering tactic right now.

Need to think this one through.

Did u get any more joy on the WIN tactic as u were saying about looking at it as it appeared the wingers wernt getting the ball no matter who the AM was

Or is it just a case if using the GET command on the wingers? Have u tested this in this tactic?

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 10:09

Hopefully Kenny will be this astute in the summer, when a few of the old guard depart!!

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 12:45

Will@Fulham wrote:

Did u get any more joy on the WIN tactic as u were saying about looking at it as it appeared the wingers wernt getting the ball no matter who the AM was

Or is it just a case if using the GET command on the wingers? Have u tested this in this tactic?

I made a few changes to the way wingers play on the longer pitch and the clever ones now automatically step back to get the ball, but if youre unsure then you can use the GET command just to make sure. Ive tested the WIn tactic for different clubs of different levels in quite a few practice matches now and it seems to be working as it was before we extended the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 12:50

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Would be interested to see how MIX played out against SLO and where i could possibly tweak this after scoring for fun in previous weeks.

Chelsea GK LBCLCRRB AMPMDY LWCFRW MIX5

BenArfa PM 25 TMPM co6 sp6 lp5 ae7 vi6 kn6

Zhirkov LW 28 LHLW qu7 ae7 cg7 dr6 tr6

Kalou RW 26 RW qu8 ae8 cg8 dr7 tr7

Mikel AM Suarez CF
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 13:01

attack 1 Ivanovic - BenArfa - runs - runs - aviods Arteta - then holds takes too long and loses out to Adam

attack 2 Tiote - BenArfa - holds - avoids Arteta - takes too long loses out to Adam

holding the ball like this means your PM cant see your wingers straight away thats because he has PM P2 LH RH LB and RB all shielding them to some extent. So he's got to wait for them to get free before he can make the pass. Your CF is also shielded behind PM P2 CL and CR so he has to wait for him to get free as well.

Wingers play right up the field on the fullbacks and can easily step back to get the ball unless there is a winghalf there, in that case the winger has to step back again, and that is what is happening here, and while that is going on your PM is losing possession.

The problem is exasberated as well on the longer pitch as the winger now has to step back an extra time as well, making it three step backs for your wingers before they are in position to receive a pass from the PM.

LB LW step back

space LW step back

LH LW step back

if you see what I mean

The version of MIX you play here doesnt really work against the SLO tactic on the extended pitch as well as it used to work. But wingers will now step back in anticipation, same as they do in WIN/FLY/BAR/TOT etc and so that should compensate for the longer pitch.

I'll run a practice match to make sure its working okay
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 13:12

The results from the practice games were 0-0 0-1 0-1 1-0 and 0-0 so SLO is still very effective against any sort of tactic that involves wingers but at least now your PM is finding his wingers and not holding the ball up for so long. Which is how it should be.

SLO is still very effective against wingers of any sort though, as it should be and Jamie certainly chose the right tactics to play.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 13:17

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Will@Fulham wrote:

I made a few changes to the way wingers play on the longer pitch and the clever ones now automatically step back to get the ball, but if youre unsure then you can use the GET command just to make sure. Ive tested the WIn tactic for different clubs of different levels in quite a few practice matches now and it seems to be working as it was before we extended the pitch.

Man City used WIN5 this week so I can look at their match if it would help...especially as they lost at home...might be an eye-opener...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 13:21

Man City LBCLCRRB AMDY LWSTCFRW WIN5

AM Barry 31 AM co6 sp6 lp4 ae6 kn6 ta7 st8 vi8

LW Adam Johnson 24 LW qu7 ae7 cg6 dr6 tr6

RW SWP 30 RW qu9 ae9 cg8 dr6 tr8

CF JO 25 CF hd8 sh9 ae9 st7

STBIG Samaras 27 CFST sh7 vo7 hd7 ae7 st8
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 13:36

attack 1 - Dunne - bad longpass to Jo

attack 2 - Taylor - Barry - bad longpass to Johnson

attack 3 - Dunne - Barry - Johnson - aviods Young - crosslow - Samaras - tackled by Senderos

attack 4 - Dunne - Barry - Johnson - tackled by Young

attack 5 - Aurelio - Barry - aviods Morrison - bad shortpass to Johnson

attack 6 - Barry - longpass - Jo - outjumps Coates - heads down where Coates collects it

attack 7 - Barry - bad longpass to Johnson

attack 8 - Barry - bad longpass to Johnson

attack 9 - Dunne - Barry - longpass - Jo beaten in the air by Coates

attack 10 - Taylor - Barry - Johnson - beaten by Young

attack 11 - Aurelio - Barry - bad longpass to Johnson

attack 12 - Dunne - Barry - Johnson - avoids Young - cuts in - shoot wide

attack 13 - Lampard - Johnson - avoids Young - cutsin - shoot goal

attack 14 - Lampard - avoids Morrison - holds cant see his wingers - Johnson - avoids Young - cutsin - shoot saved

attack 15 - Taylor - Barry - longpass - Jo - beaten by Senderos

attack 16 - Aurelio - runsup - Barry - avoids Morrison - bad shortpass to Johnson

attack 17 - Barry - Johnson - tackled by Young

attack 18 - Lampard - holds takes too long loses to Senderos

attack 19 - Hart - longkick - Jo - tackled ball out of play

attack 20 - Dunne - longpass - Jo - holdsoff senderos - headsdown to SWP - avoids Coates - shoot saved

attack 21 - Hart - longpass - Jo - holds - aviods Jimenez - is beaten by Behrami

Westham played wingers as well but with a PM instead of an AM and for City their AMs longpassing skill wasnt good enough really, which is why they went behind and then they went into WIL tactic and played more longballs which almost resulted in an equaliser.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 13:39

A practice match with Barry at PM ended up 3-2 to Man City.

just the smallest change can make a big difference, esp on the longer pitch it would seem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 14:04

Yes that would be good,
I think that's the thing that really worries me about the tactic WIN

If Man city and Geoff are struggling to get it working then I dont fancy experimenting with it until I know it's safe - so to speak lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 14:11

So if that lining up WIL tactic

BW PM ?

Did u mention last week something about not wanting the WIN tactic to have to use a PM or to lose it's Am , I forget which?

I'd worry about being over exposed with BW pm or even am pm I think, unless u can re assure its about right
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 14:43

I think City's problem was that Barry's LP skill wasnt good enough and if I train him up and play a practice match ManCity vs Fulham its certainly very exciting with results

ManC 4 Fulham 3 Jo Sam2 Lamp - Robben Zam2

ManC 4 Fulham 1 Lam3incl1pen Sam - Rob

ManC 4 Fulham 2 Lam2 Aur Jo - Rob Mil

ManC 4 Fulham 3 Jo Lam Aur Sam - Zam Rob Bent

so I think its working okay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 17:32

Just seen the mAtch report and I didn't create A single. Chance and. Neither did watford
Back to top Go down

Week 11 processing
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next