Ben@Plymouth
Mark@Newcastle
Rob@Barcelona
Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Week 11 processing - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 17:32

Just seen the mAtch report and I didn't create A single. Chance and. Neither did watford
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 18:20

Those results don't seem too exciting
For me lol

But I hear what ur saying both sides are scoring.... And conceding but u expect that in an attacking line up

What did unhave us both lined up with for those friendlies Paul?

Were we both WIN , with AM DY

With the get command how deep will the wingers come to get the ball off the AM?

Do they effectively move into a winghalf position to receive the ball?

Just trying to work out if someone like jagielka with short passing 2 can forfill that role with his wingers on GET?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 18:50

Btw guys ha everyone received their turns today? Just trying to work out whether I should be getting it later?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 19:16

got mine
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 20:46

Well i used the GET command this week on Walcott and Malouda, and Walcott performances went from Average to Sublime this turn and after reading the match report walcott assisted one and set up plenty of my chances, which is good. cause RVP still managed to get some shots off but it always gives my TM a option to play it outside. which with FLY is Key.

Very happy with my team performance, Got one "RVP is confused due to lots of changes this turn" but i imagine this is because i put Vaart in with Low TU. So im okay with that one.

If Malouda doesnt pick his game up though i shall be putting Chamberlain in for a run out so he better pick it up!

Paul, Really liking these "Notes" and "Wages" Page.

My one question from my turn is how can i make Diarra play better? He's just about fully trained up.. but he doesnt quite seem stop many attacks, would it be better if he was a BW? Could you possibley run over a few scenario's for me?

thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 22:29

Guys, is anyone else thinking that all these "practice matches" are kind of defeating the point of the game?

Why don't we just get Paul to manage the sides for us???...

I'm all up for feedback, but this is getting daft in requesting practices matches.

Paul, on the subject of feedback, I'd be really interested in your feedback on the issue of AM's finding/not finding WHV's in the Foxes game.

Also, I'm thinking that the players we're after, shouldn't necessarily be published on the forum. I think Kenny's feedback should be for Will only, for example.

Transfer negotiations happen private in real life, and I think That should be the case here. With respect, it's none of your guys business who my scouts are watching etc etc...

Anyone else agree?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 8:23

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Guys, is anyone else thinking that all these "practice matches" are kind of defeating the point of the game?

Why don't we just get Paul to manage the sides for us???...

I'm all up for feedback, but this is getting daft in requesting practices matches.

Paul, on the subject of feedback, I'd be really interested in your feedback on the issue of AM's finding/not finding WHV's in the Foxes game.

Also, I'm thinking that the players we're after, shouldn't necessarily be published on the forum. I think Kenny's feedback should be for Will only, for example.

Transfer negotiations happen private in real life, and I think That should be the case here. With respect, it's none of your guys business who my scouts are watching etc etc...

Anyone else agree?

good question, have i gone too far ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 9:07

I think the little pointers and subtle hints are very welcom in light of the change of the playing field as this seems to have changed a few things and brought up a few issues that needed highlighting and addressing
ie: the pitch changing size meaning wingers now require a GET command to get involved something that before the pitch change didn't exsist and came about because of these discussions and these threads enable us to highlight

I agree with rich though, people asking for games to be re run with different changes defeats the object of the game a little. it's like in the old days when u played on ur computer and lost a game some people would go back load it up again and try something that did work

Were meant to be the managers not Paul lol

This isnt a dig at anyone in particular, just a fair observation but some of us inherited very good sides with plenty of world class players
Some of us have built our sides from nothing and in terms of personell are still playing catch up

Now maybe if some of us over the last year or two have been able to close that gap through having a slightly better understanding of the tactics and the role players play within that then now that advantage is being significantly reduced, I think re running the games maybe is a step too far

Fair comment?

Dont get me wrong Paul, ur input ,comments, reporting and all round presence on the forum and in these threads is priceless and has re invigorated my hunger for the game

So don't Let that stop Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 9:21

Echo Will's point in totality
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 9:26

I have to admit im with Rich on this. I think Pauls input has been fantastic the last few weeks and dont want to come across negative but the post each week is about week 11 processing etc and then gets over run with people specifically asking for feedback about there clubs and the post jumps from11 pages to about 40.

I think maybe each week its worth creating a new post for questions rather than it being on the processing post.

I also agree that the practice matches should be sorted as friendlies etc. I take on board that there have been a few changes recently that need sorting.

Maybe my view will change once im in a league that has another forum manager in it and maybe once im in the prem where it seem s very tight and every little tweak makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 9:34

I love the fact it's been more interactive. I love the live updates on games and think a match summary like they do on SKY on Saturdays ..... Ribery had a stinker but Higuain stepped and saved the day (never happens as Higuain can't score) would be great. Also there is room for rumours like Inter chasing ..... Sergio Busquets, as some deals leak to the press, but not all. there's a happy medium I'm sure. Overall though the game is the best it's ever been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 10:04

Quite agree with that Rob! Don't get me wrong, Paul's involvement is absolutely priceless and the move to the big pitch has meant Paul's post match feedback is even more crucial.

But the running of practice matches at the managers request is going too far. If baring the bigger pitch in mind, Paul feels the need to run practice matches to see if the system is working properly is fine...but practice matches at the managers request is going too far

I just feel sorry for Will on this De Jong deal. Liverpool enter into negotiations, which puts at least 10 other clubs on alert as to what deal might be acceptable. Will's had the foresight to make an offer, and now his negotiations are public.

As little clubs, the one hope we've got in closing the gap which currently is about £25m per year, between us, us being Leicester, Watford, Charlton, Blackpool... Is to unearth a gem that we can make money on. With huge respect Paul, and you know how much I love this game, telling the big boys who I'm scouting, just opens the door for the gap between the haves and the have nots, get even bigger.

I hope this doesn't sound like a whinge, it's far from it...I love these threads, and your input in the game has increased my enjoyment of it massively, so please dont stop..

I've read this back and I sound like a right whining bitch!

I agree with Rob, there's a happy medium
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 10:09

Paul, seems there was no staff report this turn.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 11:51

Although I agree some managers are getting too much help, considering the calibre of players available to them, I wouldn't want Paul to curb his involvement on the forum one bit.

All that will achieve in my eyes, is managers will just ring Paul up instead, at inconvienient times rather than when Paul is available to answer questions on here. When he is on here, we know he is available to ask questions.

I also enjoy reading comments on other formations and other managers problems, as although I don't play with them, it helps my overall understanding of the game.

Regarding scouting issues, I wouldn't have a problem with Paul disclosing who I am after, as I would have a week advantage over another manager anyway. If they were interested, they would have to scout the player the following week when hopefully I would be going for him in a swap.

Surely if you don't want any of your scouts/transfer bids/reviews being published, then just simply put a note in with your turn?

I really enjoyed the comments regarding Dalglish, as it helps us all understand how reality managers work. We are always asking for more feedback from them, so to get a response is great. Maybe unfortunate for Will, but again a simple note in the turn would avoid any future misunderstanding.

I don't want Pauls involvement on the forum to change at all, it won't stop some managers asking for more help than others, but that will always be the case. If all these replayed matches had been done via PM then no-one would know anyway. I'd rather read the responses to gain more knowledge.

The game is running brilliantly at the minute, and with the forum as it is, it is unrivalled as a strategic management game. Reading the match commentarys and reports along with turn opening day, really gives the game that edge and is so enjoyable. Hats off to Paul for that and all the changes he has made. Long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 12:01

Also very fair points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 13:14

The daglish thing iv found very enjoyable, even though it didnt work out for me on this occasion

the reasoning and rationale given has actually restored my confidence in the reality managers and the way they work.

It was a great insight for us all I think

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 18:50

I agree the practice games are not needed really as thats what friendlies etc are for, Also i'm not a massive fan of every deal being discussed either but a simple note on your turn to Paul should solve that problem as Tom suggested

Also not sure we need a breakdown of how many chances created players who get good,superb,sublime etc surely thats part of the fun of reading your turn to see who got what etc

Pauls input is invaluable and i love and am quite happy with the subtle hints,Like why i was'nt playing a PM which i took eventually lol
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 20:15

Rob@Inter wrote:
I love the fact it's been more interactive. I love the live updates on games and think a match summary like they do on SKY on Saturdays ..... Ribery had a stinker but Higuain stepped and saved the day (never happens as Higuain can't score) would be great. Also there is room for rumours like Inter chasing ..... Sergio Busquets, as some deals leak to the press, but not all. there's a happy medium I'm sure. Overall though the game is the best it's ever been.

I think Rob sums this up really and this interaction from Paul had been fantastic! I think that the game would certainly be worse off of this were to stop but agree there is a medium to be had.

Tom's points are also valid and I put my hands up as someone who asks for prob too much help mostly due to my inexperience in the game. I will do my best tho to tone this down in the future

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 9:32

Paul, any feedback on why the Cahill deal for Gaz didn't go through?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 9:44

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
I agree the practice games are not needed really as thats what friendlies etc are for, Also i'm not a massive fan of every deal being discussed either but a simple note on your turn to Paul should solve that problem as Tom suggested

Also not sure we need a breakdown of how many chances created players who get good,superb,sublime etc surely thats part of the fun of reading your turn to see who got what etc

Pauls input is invaluable and i love and am quite happy with the subtle hints,Like why i was'nt playing a PM which i took eventually lol

Spot on Gaz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 12:42

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul, any feedback on why the Cahill deal for Gaz didn't go through?

Yes i was hopeing this was gonna go through Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr - 18:06

hmm interesting.

negative rep for a fair, positvie and accurate post...whatever next Rolling Eyes

oh well.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr - 18:57

How do you do this negative/positive thing? I needto know for Stu's return. And isn't this all just opinions so surely there isn't really a right or wrong and therefore why do it?

We all agree the game is the best it's ever been and remember ... it is just a game. One I obviously want to win at though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr - 19:19

lol, agree,

am loving Monday mornings now and thats saying something working in a P.O.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr - 19:21

Will@Fulham wrote:
lol, agree,

am loving Monday mornings now and thats saying something working in a P.O.

Defo made monday mornings a far brighter prospect!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Apr - 6:59

Thanks for the feedback guys, always very helpful as usual.

The main issue seems to be practice matches and I do run alot of practice games all the time that is how I test the game out to make sure everything is working okay and because it is such a common thing for me it just spilled over into the forum as well, but it's no problem to eliminate from the forum.

The second issue seems to be concerning transfer deals and from now on if you let me know on the order sheet that you dont want me to highlight the deal on the forum then I will do my best to try and remember not to. Smile

And the other issue seems to be around giving out performances ratings which is very easy to correct.

Please feel free to ask me any question you like though as I will always answer direct questions best I can.
Back to top Go down

Week 11 processing
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next