Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Surprise reviews... Empty
PostSubject: Surprise reviews...   Surprise reviews... Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 22:40

I have spoken to a few other managers this week after receiving my turn and found they are in the same boat as me, where I have found that a few of my players have had surprise reviews.

They are all positive ones, and by the looks of it, Paul has put in a bit of work doing these, which as always is much appreciated.

I was just wondering if other managers have had similar ones done to a few of their players.

Whilst it is great to get your players put up, I have to admit that a couple of mine are a little generous. If I was to review a couple of them myself I wouldn't expect anywhere near what they have come back with.

I really don't want this to sound ungrateful and whingy but was just wondering if there is maybe a reason for these reviews, for example due the bigger pitch creating a much greater gap between 6 TA and 7 TA than existed before.

Or if it is just Paul's or the systems opinion.

Once again, I don't want to sound ungrateful, and I greatly appreciate all the work Paul puts into this fantastic game.

Would like to hear other managers opinions who this might have happen to? Do you agree with your reviews?
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Surprise reviews...   Surprise reviews... Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 22:45

Same has happened with me, some very generous reviews!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surprise reviews...   Surprise reviews... Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 23:39

I had a few players reviewed this week,

Gomes, GK stats increased putting him on a par with Begovic

Parker, Tackling and Passing stats increased

Taarabt, General increase in stats, mostly technical, VI, DR, QU etc

Welbz, Increase in HD, SH, VO, QU

All pretty reasonable really, now if Fellaini could just get a nice review.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surprise reviews...   Surprise reviews... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun - 6:21

I had a few reviews but they all seem reasonablle to me.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Surprise reviews...   Surprise reviews... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun - 10:06

Some players have been re-rated following their performances in the Euros and Ive generally increased some players passing skills for better balance on the bigger pitch and Ive increased the pool of CR99 players to 138 to try and increase the chances of some new managers actually starting in game one instead of just asking for startups and then joining game two. The join game 2 cos there are better teams available in game 2.

I normally do this at the end of each real season and its a bit late this season cos i wanted to incorporate what i'd seen at the euros as well.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Surprise reviews...   Surprise reviews... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun - 10:12

Great effort here Paul, have had a few players also reviewed which is nice to see (saves me a couple of dealings anyway lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surprise reviews...   Surprise reviews... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun - 10:56

thats interesting.

i too have had a fair few, some i thought fair do's and some i was very surprised with to say the least,

as discussed with Tom , rich and ja (setrate conversations) i suspected it might have something to do with the bigger pitch.

is this exercise ongoing?

i think the best way to entise New managers into the game is to somehow get the reality managers to make a real purge on players - if that means they have substantial pots of gold then so be it.

I can imagine a lot look at the sides that we all have at our disposal and then look at what they can take over and think 'no thanks'

would be great if reality / unamaged could really compete for players.

Take Stewart Downing - hes become available - now if liverpool or villa or spurs could land him then not only would it make them more competitive immiediately , it would make their side look more realistic to us a nd to any new manager coming into the game.

Asamoah Gyan's just been transfered abroad in the game to germany or something, could Sunderland, a derby or championship Boro go pick him up - just to give them a more realistic looking side for a newcomer to get their teeth into.

im sure its easier said than done, but would be a nice touch

They would at least have a starting point or a few assets to work with making it instantly more appealing.

Back to top Go down

Surprise reviews...
Page 1 of 1