Tom@Charlton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

End of season reviews Empty
PostSubject: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 14:27

Well, week 22 is nearly upon us and for a lot of people it will be the end of the season. A few will be in the playoffs and so their season will still be pretty much in the balance.

How do you think your season has gone? Have all early season expectations been met? Any signings that you regret?

Are you happy with your reserves and youth teams performances, or do you not care? Did you under or over perform in the cup competitions?

Are your feeder clubs performing as they should?

Major plans ahead for next season?

Basically, how has your season gone?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 14:52

Inter - Expectations pretty much met. Certainly no over performance. Won the Europa League, beaten finalist in the Coppa Italia which was a missed opportunity and at worst 6 points off the Serie A title (currently 3 points). Trending is that Inter are unbeaten since the additions of Pepe, Eto'o and Cambiasso. Some interesting signings coming in which should strengthen even further. Reserves will come 4th but have been unbeaten all season. Youths won the double (at least 10 points clear in the league (0 losses, 3 draws) and won the cup final 5-0). Also some good youths coming in over the next turn - I predict even better next time out.

Boca - Expectations probably exceeded after 75% team change at the end of last season. Lost the Libertadores final on pens but won the domestic double (currently on a 13 game winning streak in the league). Some great experience coming in to support the younger players and possibly a treble next time out. Reserves (mostly a youth team) mid-table. Youths - another double here (only 2 points dropped in the league, scored over 100 goals and won the Cup final 9-0). Again some good strengthening happening here so same again next time out.

All in all Inter 6.5 out of 10, Boca 9 out of 10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 15:30

Hmm, interesting season.

At the start of it, I expected promotion, just behind Tom's (Dad's) army. Old but brilliant as they are.

It's the last game of the season, and I need to win at the Valley, and hope against hope that Pompey drop points at home to awful (but still my beloved) Notts County. It looks a tall order, especially as I've changed formation in the hope of stopping the aparent world beater that is Ryan Babel. What I didnt take into account was that the formation change itself might upset the players...even though their understanding of the tactic used was 999.

Of course, the failsafe was to switch back to 442 WHV after 60 mins if losing...I now just hope I wasnt 5-0 down after 60 mins!.

Leicester have had a 'could do better' season. The main failing I attribute to Paul's wrongly enforced sale of Edu half way through the season. He assured me I'd get him back with TU unaffected as the enforced sale should not have gone through...did that happen?, no. I had to spend another 4 weeks getting him back up to scratch. 4 weeks when points were dropped.

So, it looks like play offs, and with Pavlyuchenko starting like a train in his LCFC career, I'm optimistic without being super-confident.

No need for wholesale changes next year, just a couple of high quality additions coming in.

Chievo's player merry-go-round continues, Elia & Maxi both leave the club this week after short careers. Sad to see Elia go, but the deal was too good to refuse. Not playing friendlies with Chievo has cost me as TU is still absolutely appalling. It's really been a season of cash generating at Chievo. Still need players though.

Leicester 7.5/10 - Chievo 5/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 18:31

Nothing short of shambolic full stop.

This time last year I was looking forward to a great season with Lazio, however, my disposition and confrontational attitude soon put paid to that!

Early in the season I was willing to quit the game entirely, but having relaxed and deciding to concentrate on Bohemians, all in all given the fact that I took time out I am satisfied with the season.

Bohemians should have won the league by a mile, but at least they won the cup, which is a consolation. I am extremely happy with the signings that I have made and am looking forward to next season with a young(ish) and gifted squad full of promise.

Also I am proud of the fact that I won the World Cup with a below par Italy team.

So therefore given my natural scepticism which is counter balanced by my newely refreshed enjoyment of this game a good season.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 21:43

i have achieved nothing more than what was expected of me so no point dressing it up for more than one sentence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 21:54

Schalke done the double but lost two league games. And euro final. But gives me something to better next season. Very happy with all my signings.
Torino expected to be shit and delivered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 22:12

Excellent Season for both clubs.

Fulham.

Start of the season aim was to survive in the new surrounds whilst habouring hope of a playoff challenge - both achieved quite comprehensively and now the icing on the cake would be to reach the promised land but theres still a whole heap of football to be played before that can be considered.

On top of this the squad has improved expotenentially with the likes of Kightly, Knight, Stoor, Boa morte and Mokoena who ended last season being replaced by the likes of Valencia, Quaresma, Pienaar, Skrtel and Martins.

Vicenza

Promoted first time of asking couldnt ask for more on that score, far exceeding expectations.

But its the developement of the squad thats a really pleasing, to have front 3 of Gignac, Gervinho and Bryan Ruiz after one season is very pleasing indeed, with some nessesary steel in the shape of Demy de Zeeuw, Jan Vertonghan and Ron Vlaar very happy.

Wanted to make sure they were successful as well as providing a potential tap of foreign talent for Fulham.

so far so good, although still yet to do a deal between the two clubs after a whole season, getting itchy fingers now tho.

The one downside was the 1.5m in spent on newing in Jean eves Mvoto despite being a U19 french international his career appears to have nosedived to the depths of signing as a free agent for Carisle united after being released by Sunderland, i wont see that money again.

Last edited by Will@Fulham on Fri 30 Jul - 22:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 22:14

Hull started the season hoping for playoffs. But once the team settled down and realised how chronic League One is, oh and Quitterboy quit because he didnt understand it all, then it was plain sailing.
Can't wait for next season with some much better teams and some forum member competition, its gonna be interesting !

Need to pay a bit more attention to my reserves. Youth team, I think, are league winners and will be stronger next season. Got a lot of reviews to do on my youth team.

Goias, it's mayhem there. Bottom of the league, but I'll be aiming for top 4 next season, alot of work to do, reviews, buildings, coaches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeSun 1 Aug - 18:17

crap, unless by some unlikely event that i have won the league this turn, crap in the cup, crap in europe, just crap want to forget this season ever happened and sit here and cry now i thought about how shit ive done, i hope whoever started this thread is happy....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeSun 1 Aug - 21:22

Lee@Juve wrote:
crap, unless by some unlikely event that i have won the league this turn, crap in the cup, crap in europe, just crap want to forget this season ever happened and sit here and cry now i thought about how shit ive done, i hope whoever started this thread is happy....

Lee, you have a marvelous way of succinctly getting to the point and I always enjoy your spikey and dry little postings.

You could deepen your gloom by studying some Friedrich Nietzsche. End of season reviews Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeSun 1 Aug - 22:28

Who, ironically, had a mental breakdown in the streets of Turin!! End of season reviews Affraid
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug - 1:00

Barcelona - Very happy with this season, a league and cup double (1st time in i don't know how many years Iain didn't win the cup!) and quarter finals in Europe. Little bit gutted about my defence of the European crown. I took some risks this season by letting some very good players go but all turned out well in the end.

My reserves and youth team both won their leagues and the youth cup was won with a 4-0 victory over arch rivals Real End of season reviews Icon_cheers

Got some decisions to be made over player sales as over the next season they'll be some very decent players graduating from the youth academy up to the 1st team so i'll have some End of season reviews Icon_scratch time!

Flamengo - They won some, lost some and drew some. Youth academy's coming along nicely and they have a bit of talent in the 1st team. Doing a good job as Barcelona's feeder club by giving some of the young players 1st team football!
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug - 22:57

To be honest, a pretty nothing season on the field and the first time in 7 years i didnt win anything

Matt dominated spain and although i only lost the league by 1 point i never really looked like winning it and got to the semi's in europe.

Off the field the old guard have started to move on and the reduction of players is a must but i am still happy with the quality of my squad.

I seem to have a slight problem with most of my youth players are now reaching 21 and over and most of my schoolboys are reaching 18 so there will be a lot of moving/shuffling/selling this season,

I think it also shows that this year work for the first time has taken priority (hate to say it) and time normally spent on the game was spent
else where. I dont think i have newed anyone for 6 months. But im looking forward to the next season and hopefully getting some cups back in the cabinet
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 18:46

Charlton - After the debacle of last year getting relegated after making far too many changes, this year was much improved. Managed to go all season unbeaten in the league, easily winning the league. Reserves managed to more than hold their own in the premier league, and the youth team managed to win all 22 league games amassing a massive 66 points and scoring 98 goals. Cup runs were equally as good, going all the way to Europa Cup final beating teams like Juve, Benfica, Villa and Blackburn en route. Domestically, the cup run was halted only by the eventual champions Man City 0-1, unfairly according to the match report. All in all, good way to bounce back, improving on it may prove tricky!

Bayern - What can I say, apart from the gap is closing between myself and Schalke. The squad has been dramatically improved and will prove to be a much more serious challenge next year. Although the title was in my own hands this year being top of the league with three games to go after defeating Schalke. Alas it wasn't to be, but next year, Jamie, watch out! Cup finalists again, but beaten by you know who! Brief success in the reserves and youth leagues beating Jamie to top spot though, encouraging signs for next year. Next year is the big one for Bayern, three year plan needs to come to fruition.

Overall really pleased with success this season, only thing that could have made it better was the Bundesliga title, but that will come in time. Mark my words!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 19:36

Quite pleased with Chelsea this season finishing fourth which i consider a respectable position considering they only came up from the championship last season, Hoping for more of the same next season with some good players coming in over next few turns and hoping my ome record and defence is better, Also got to europa league semi which was nice

Cremonese faded away towards the end of the season but overall pleased considering the tatters they were left in the turn i took them over, The hulk and Adriano are pairing together very well and hope they will get plenty of goals next season, also delighted with getting to the cup semifinal which is more than i could've asked for
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: End of season reviews   End of season reviews Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 19:41

well i believe arsenal had a good season, i wish i didnt play around with my tactic mid-season and then decide to let my attention wander to other places but it did, and i missed out on the worldcup final by not even sending my turn in.. so i dont know what team played silly me! but i managed to come back a turn later and send out a team that managed to beat man city in the final and bring a trophy to Arsenal!
i believe i made it to the semi finals before getting knocked out by a impressive Inter side which then went on to win the europa league which is never a bad sign when ur beat by the champs.
and then i came second in the chamionship which i should of really kept my mind on to come first but the 500k prize money doesnt really matter.
slight tweat in tactic this season bulking up my very small squad to allow the tweat to happen, overall a very good season at the emirates, going to be hard to win something this season though, but maybe i can break into the top 4 would be pleased with that!
Back to top Go down

End of season reviews
Page 1 of 1