Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation
 
HomeSiteLog inRegister

 

 Week 21 Processing...

Go down 
+4
Rob@Barcelona
Tom@Charlton
Ben@Plymouth
Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 8:25

Welcome to the penultimate week of this the 22nd season of Championship Football Smile

Of course, as usual, its a crucial week for many of you, so before we get started I wish you all the best of luck and may the best teams win.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 8:30

A quick word about individual training. Its not a magic button anymore and you now need all the right buildings & backroom staff, competition and other stuff you would need for normal training as well. What it does do if you have all these things is to condense, I think its, 4 weeks training into 1 week.

So if players arent going up and they should be then you're missing either a building in which to train, a staff member to do the training ( different types of staff are better at certain training ) or any sort of motivation on the players part to actually do the training. Then on top of all that the player selected for individual training has to play that week in order to put what he has learned into practice, else he forgets some of it.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 8:31

I'm opening the turns now...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 8:35

Jamie's Schalke are first out of the bag today.

He's taking no chances and has selected his top settled side for the game at home to Werder Bremen and the German Cup Final this week against Bayern Munich.

One very surprising omission from both teams is Manuel Neuer, recovered from injury and he doesnt even make the bench for either match, not sure he'll be very happy about that, but young Bernd Leno did well last week in the Champions Cup Final and he has kept his place.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 8:43

Matt's Barcelona are next.

The big news at Barca this week is that David Villa is rested for the league game against Espanol in order to play in the Cup Final against Real Madrid, Alex Pato steps in against Espanol. The hugely influential Yaya Toure is suspended this week and his place goes to Xabi Alonso, not too shabby a replacement.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 8:48

Rich's Birmingham are next.

Birmingham are without bot Fellaini and Aguero this week, both suspended for the game at Westham, so quite a few changes for Brum this week, with Nani taking over the target man role from Aguero.

Aguero's absence is a huge blow for the Cup Final where fans were eager to see him in action although Man City's defenders will be relieved. Top keeper Gomes makes a welcome return though.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 8:52

Phil's Arsenal are next.

The league game at Old Trafford sees Djourou drop to the bench to be replaced by Distin while Sagna returns to first team action.

Phil will be hoping to keep his side third in the league above the ever improving teams of Man City and Birmingham this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 8:56

Mark's Sevilla are next, but I dont seem to have a turn from Newcastle from Mark, which is a bit strange, looks like Mark's Newcastle turn may have gone missing ?

Mark normally sends his orders for each team separately.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:03

Rich's Leicester are next up.

The game at struggling Palace this week should really yield all three points with the return to the team of Carrick although Nasri still cant make it beyond the bench and is not even given a runout in the reserves, so his match fitness is still not improving, although being in his honeymoon period he wont mind too much. No place in the reserves for Chamakh either although both he and Nasri are at least sitting on the bench.

In fact with only 5 reserves selected there will be little motivation on the first team players to push themselves in either the matches or in training, something the boss needs to address urgently especially with Leicester heading for the playoffs maybe.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:06

Iain's Real Madrid are next.

A league game at home to third placed Valencia and a cup final this week for Real sees Bruno Alves come into the centre of defence and Casillas return to goal for the cup final.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:08

Players can only have 1 status, for instance they can be at one of your academies or transfer listed, not both. As soon as you list a player he is removed from your academy until such time he is either sold or deleted and then returned to your academy. Listing is an automatic removal but enrolment after deletion is not automatic.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:11

Thickest envelope of the week award goes to ...

Tom at Charlton.

Quite alot of activity this week at Charlton as they prepare for life in the top flight next season. Reviews and transfers as Tom tries to sign Fabio Borini, Victor Wanyama and Jerome Sinclair.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:16

Will's Fulham are next.

Mario Balotelli is injured so no place for him this week, but the excellent James Milner comes in for Robben who takes over the striking role from Super Mario, five goals for Robben in his last 3 league games has seen Fulham unbeaten in their last three league games and this week's encounter at Newcastle will be vital in their pursuit of Plymouth at the top of the Premiership.

Plymouth lead it by 4 points so a win for Fulham this week is vital.

A couple of reviews and some interesting youngsters drafted into Feyenoord round out Will's turn this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:21

Jamie's Watford are next.

Watford are already in the playoffs along with Tottenham and Jamie makes two changes to his team this week as in come Song and Dembele whilst Ba and Valero are benched.

A review for the fast improving Jake Livermore pads out the rest of the envelope.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:26

Ben's Plymouth are next.

The Premiership leaders make no changes this week for their game away at Aston Villa which could see them take the title today, so a huge game for them as well.

And more top secret negotiations between Plymouth and Bayern Munich.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:38

Rob's Inter Milan are next.

Inter lead Serie A by six points and only need a point at Napoli this week to retain the title they won last year, however Napoli are a bit unpredictable as usual and it wont be easy for Rob's side. They also have the little matter of the Cup Final this week with Pirlo and Lloris both returning to the team for the game against AC Milan.

Quite a few reviews this week for Rob's teams and a loan deal that sees Oscar going on loan to Banstead Athletic and a certain somebody cant wait to see the impact the young brazilian has at Banstead.

Rumours suggest that Romulo could be on his way to Inter from Santos.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 9:55

One of my neighbour's has just delivered Mark's Newcastle turn even though it is addressed correctly it still went next door.

Michel Vorm has been given his debut this week for the home game against Fulham where he'll be facing his old boss for the first time since leaving Feyenoord. Dempsey and Vertonghen also get their debuts as does young england hopeful Luke Garbutt, who replaces the suspended Kolarov.

Vorm gets an overdue review whilst once promising young goalkeeper Fraser Forster is transfer listed at £2million, a bit steep for little Banstead, but a good buy for somebody im sure, leaving the excellent young Jack Butland as backup to Vorm.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 10:02

I see I have my admin panel back now.

Ive made Gaz and Tom admins as well so they can play with the ticker tape and we'll see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 2321
Reputation : 837
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 10:03

Paul Hemmings wrote:
I see I have my admin panel back now.

Ive made Gaz and Tom admins as well so they can play with the ticker tape and we'll see how that goes.

Stu did pop on briefly last night so I suggest this is probably the reason...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 10:08

okay the last turn this week is from Gaz's Chelsea.

A new contract for Gary Cahill and a settled side should be enough to see off Boro and also do Leicester a favor in the process.

Ive also reviewed Gary Cahill after his game against Italy.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 10:09

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
I see I have my admin panel back now.

Ive made Gaz and Tom admins as well so they can play with the ticker tape and we'll see how that goes.

Stu did pop on briefly last night so I suggest this is probably the reason...

thanks for that Stu I certainly appreciate your continued support of the forum even though it does seem like you have decided to leave us in the actual game.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Posts : 4446
Reputation : 1616
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : Nottingham

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 10:13

Great thanks Paul, very interesting on the individual training aspect.

Think it is a great change and like the fact that more and more is becoming hidden in the game that managers have to figure out!!

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 10:21

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich's Leicester are next up.

The game at struggling Palace this week should really yield all three points with the return to the team of Carrick although Nasri still cant make it beyond the bench and is not even given a runout in the reserves, so his match fitness is still not improving, although being in his honeymoon period he wont mind too much. No place in the reserves for Chamakh either although both he and Nasri are at least sitting on the bench.

In fact with only 5 reserves selected there will be little motivation on the first team players to push themselves in either the matches or in training, something the boss needs to address urgently especially with Leicester heading for the playoffs maybe.

5 reserves??

I was under the impression that we were only to write team changes on the sheet Paul?, meaning that last weeks reserves should carry over and play this week too?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 10:44

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich's Leicester are next up.

The game at struggling Palace this week should really yield all three points with the return to the team of Carrick although Nasri still cant make it beyond the bench and is not even given a runout in the reserves, so his match fitness is still not improving, although being in his honeymoon period he wont mind too much. No place in the reserves for Chamakh either although both he and Nasri are at least sitting on the bench.

In fact with only 5 reserves selected there will be little motivation on the first team players to push themselves in either the matches or in training, something the boss needs to address urgently especially with Leicester heading for the playoffs maybe.

5 reserves??

I was under the impression that we were only to write team changes on the sheet Paul?, meaning that last weeks reserves should carry over and play this week too?



thats correct Rich, you only have shirts 1,2,5,9 and 11 filled. feel free to send me the shirt numbers & squad numbers for the empty positions if you want to.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 32175
Reputation : 2005
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 10:46

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich's Leicester are next up.

The game at struggling Palace this week should really yield all three points with the return to the team of Carrick although Nasri still cant make it beyond the bench and is not even given a runout in the reserves, so his match fitness is still not improving, although being in his honeymoon period he wont mind too much. No place in the reserves for Chamakh either although both he and Nasri are at least sitting on the bench.

In fact with only 5 reserves selected there will be little motivation on the first team players to push themselves in either the matches or in training, something the boss needs to address urgently especially with Leicester heading for the playoffs maybe.

5 reserves??

I was under the impression that we were only to write team changes on the sheet Paul?, meaning that last weeks reserves should carry over and play this week too?



thats correct Rich, you only have shirts 1,2,5,9 and 11 filled. feel free to send me the shirt numbers & squad numbers for the empty positions if you want to.

Just ignore me thats a load of crap...ha..I havent entered any of the team changes yet. its early what can I say. dont panic Mr Mannering. You're okay or will be once Ive entered all the team changes. apologies for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Week 21 Processing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 21 Processing...   Week 21 Processing... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Week 21 Processing...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: