+3
Paul Hemmings
Ben@Plymouth
Mark@Newcastle
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 0:47

Well played Tom, 8 chances to 0 so a well deserved win! Makes the friendly result look very strange though haha! Not really any better v Ajax, only a couple of chances, luckily I took one and the defence held out. Havent scored in the league for 3 games now which to be honest is pissing me right off.

Gremio continued their record of drawing every game this season, played 6, drawn 6, scored 1 and conceded 1. Really happy with the defence just need to score. A common theme for me sigh.

Only Arsenal coming up next Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 9:12

pretty happy with this turn.

Paul, big plaudits from me for the new commentaries. I've noticed the DY's are getting alot more of ball, which is excellent to see them involved. Dont think it was soley Rooney's shift in position that caused Podolski and Wilshere to be more involved Ben.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 10:50

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
HI Paul,

All received so thanks for another excellent week!

Noticed though that Rooney didn't play as TM in my league game instead played as CF, wondering why that might have been the case as he should have been down to play as TM?

Certainly gave Podolski and Wilshire more of the ball though in FAS, although I presume without Rooney at TM this might have caused the tactic to break down a bit?

Also noticed a very low attendance compared to previous weeks at the same ticket price - nearly half of normal attendance than for the CL game, an anomaly perhaps?

Thanks

Ben

Oh dear seems I forgot to change Rooney's FTpos back to TM apologies for that, it was because it was an email turn and those things are much easier for me to miss when I dont have it sitting in red ink in front of me.

What should we do when this happens ? maybe we need an agreed system for handling my team change mistakes. Maybe we should discuss it, see if we can come up with an agreed system.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 10:56

Matt@Barcelona wrote:
all received by me, not good reading though. I don't think I've ever been outplayed by that much in a game and my players seem to lack motivation due to their bonuses.

Even Sociedad had 12 chances against me, think its time to have a look at my defence!

Oh well and its only El Classico next turn................... pale

You did write your new tactics in the friendly column on your cup order sheet, which isnt ever used, so I changed it to be your main tactic. I would mention that if a team doesnt play man=marking they play zonal defence, but if you select CDS as an order then that makes them play something in between, so they start off zonal and when they think a plyer is about to shoot they move in to man-mark, and like most of these commands, having it on both centre-backs is not a good idea, esp the older/slower ones.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 10:58

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Hi Paul,

just one thing, Jesse Lingard got sold to non league this week when he was loan listed.

okay he should have gone to Ipswich on loan, thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 10:58

Looks like I got away with one against city, not one of my greatest performances so pleased that defensively we stood firm to come out with a point, hopefully we're able to sup up the odd bad day and grind out a result of some description with the new look back four slowly taking shape

As for the cup game that goes down as a bloody good day at the office,maybe matt put the wrong tactic in it something to help me out I'm sure the return game won't be the same lol

Finding that both my clubs are getting a good spread of goalscorers which is nice

Didn't get benteke which is a bit of a shame as mr jol won't sell anybody under 26, not even for a current full Dutch international - nevermind.

Premiership table is so tight, looking as strong and competitive as we expected it to be, good work gents

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:04

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Well played Tom, 8 chances to 0 so a well deserved win! Makes the friendly result look very strange though haha! Not really any better v Ajax, only a couple of chances, luckily I took one and the defence held out. Havent scored in the league for 3 games now which to be honest is pissing me right off.

Gremio continued their record of drawing every game this season, played 6, drawn 6, scored 1 and conceded 1. Really happy with the defence just need to score. A common theme for me sigh.

Flying Wingers is one of the fixed formation tactics and it uses a CF not a ST, you need a big man up front really, which is probably why yer not scoring lately.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:09

Will@Fulham wrote:
Looks like I got away with one against city, not one of my greatest performances so pleased that defensively we stood firm to come out with a point, hopefully we're able to sup up the odd bad day and grind out a result of some description with the new look back four slowly taking shape

As for the cup game that goes down as a bloody good day at the office,maybe matt put the wrong tactic in it something to help me out I'm sure the return game won't be the same lol

Finding that both my clubs are getting a good spread of goalscorers which is nice

Didn't get benteke which is a bit of a shame as mr jol won't sell anybody under 26, not even for a current full Dutch international - nevermind.

Premiership table is so tight, looking as strong and competitive as we expected it to be, good work gents

Your Benteke swapbid is a good point actually, because we have 2 systems for bidding, the swapbids and the permanent bids the 2 systems have now "grown" apart in their requirements and if you permbid that same deal it will go through. The only advantage with the swapbid system is that it is immediate and you dont have to wait to get your answer.

So is it time to do away with swapbids ? and go exclusively over to permbids?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:09

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Birmingham wrote:

Flying Wingers is one of the fixed formation tactics and it uses a CF not a ST, you need a big man up front really, which is probably why yer not scoring lately.

FLY - Flying Wingers - Uses a TM target man to attack through LW/RW wingers at every oppurtunity. This sytem must include player positions TM/LW/RW to work properly. BW/DY can be changed for any combo of central midfielders, like BW/AM, BL/BR, AM/DY, AM/PM or DL/DR. Likewise you could play CF/F2 or CF/ST or ST/S2 and leave out a central midfielder. It's up to you to find the best combo for your players.

That could do with updating then! To be honest the ball didn't get near any of my front men si a CF would've made zero difference. Baxk to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:13

FLY - Flying Wingers - Uses a TM target man to attack through LW/RW wingers at every oppurtunity. This sytem must include player positions TM/LW/RW to work properly. BW/DY can be changed for any combo of central midfielders, like BW/AM, BL/BR, AM/DY, AM/PM or DL/DR. Likewise you could play CF/F2 or CF/ST or ST/S2 and leave out a central midfielder. It's up to you to find the best combo for your player.

Yes this was changed when I took out the F2 position ages ago.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:16

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
HI Paul,

Noticed though that Rooney didn't play as TM in my league game instead played as CF, wondering why that might have been the case as he should have been down to play as TM?

Certainly gave Podolski and Wilshire more of the ball though in FAS, although I presume without Rooney at TM this might have caused the tactic to break down a bit?

Also noticed a very low attendance compared to previous weeks at the same ticket price - nearly half of normal attendance than for the CL game, an anomaly perhaps?

Thanks

Ben

Oh dear seems I forgot to change Rooney's FTpos back to TM apologies for that, it was because it was an email turn and those things are much easier for me to miss when I dont have it sitting in red ink in front of me.

What should we do when this happens ? maybe we need an agreed system for handling my team change mistakes. Maybe we should discuss it, see if we can come up with an agreed system.

Hi Paul,

Totally understandable so not to worry. I think from my point of view the key thing is whether having no TM affected the correct outcome of the game given FAS as a fixed tactic needs a TM?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:16

Is CDS charge down shots ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:24

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
HI Paul,

Thanks

Ben

Hi Paul,

Totally understandable so not to worry. I think from my point of view the key thing is whether having no TM affected the correct outcome of the game given FAS as a fixed tactic needs a TM?

playing FAS without a TM is the same as playing any other system without its key position/s, you then rely on the players knowledge to get in the right position when he's needed. In some cases it is beneficial cos with Rooney ( on best KN ) you would have effectively had a CF and a TM playing although he cant obviously pass from his TMpos to the CFpos. so its swings and roundabouts really.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:25

Will@Fulham wrote:
Is CDS charge down shots ?

yes
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:27

Rich...

Char vs Brum practice game with Welbeck at CF you created 7 chances but lost 1-0.

and as ive said b4 wingers dont work best away from home Smile when the competition is as strong as it is in this years Premiership.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:33

[quote=[email=Rich@Birmingham]

FLY - Flying Wingers - Uses a TM target man to attack through LW/RW wingers at every oppurtunity. This sytem must include player positions TM/LW/RW to work properly. BW/DY can be changed for any combo of central midfielders, like BW/AM, BL/BR, AM/DY, AM/PM or DL/DR. Likewise you could play CF/F2 or CF/ST or ST/S2 and leave out a central midfielder. It's up to you to find the best combo for your players.

That could do with updating then! To be honest the ball didn't get near any of my front men si a CF would've made zero difference. Baxk to the drawing board.[/quote]

That info is something that Stu setup and I have no way of keeping it up todate i'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:36

No worries, cheers Paul!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:41

[/quote]

playing FAS without a TM is the same as playing any other system without its key position/s, you then rely on the players knowledge to get in the right position when he's needed. In some cases it is beneficial cos with Rooney ( on best KN ) you would have effectively had a CF and a TM playing although he cant obviously pass from his TMpos to the CFpos. so its swings and roundabouts really.[/quote]

Ok that's understandable Paul. Draw seems a fair result then. If Rooney had played as a pure TM out of interest what would the result have been then?

In terms of a system moving forward for any errors I would suggest that if the correct result is majorly effected then its replayed else the game stands? I think the judgement here comes from the GM?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:45

Ben@Plymouth wrote:

playing FAS without a TM is the same as playing any other system without its key position/s, you then rely on the players knowledge to get in the right position when he's needed. In some cases it is beneficial cos with Rooney ( on best KN ) you would have effectively had a CF and a TM playing although he cant obviously pass from his TMpos to the CFpos. so its swings and roundabouts really.[/quote]

Ok that's understandable Paul. Draw seems a fair result then. If Rooney had played as a pure TM out of interest what would the result have been then?

In terms of a system moving forward for any errors I would suggest that if the correct result is majorly effected then its replayed else the game stands? I think the judgement here comes from the GM?[/quote]

practice match with Roonay at TM 1-1 8 chances to 4 Rooney & Aguero scoring.

so overall Rooney did a good job in the original game despite my mistake.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:49

Perfect thanks Paul - intelligent man that Rooney fellar then'

Great work with the DY's btw, much more even spread of the ball around the pitch now with FAS. What specific changes have you made out of interest, just made them more prominent and more likely to receive the ball?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 11:58

Paul,
Just a quick one. I've tried playing FAP in friendlies over the last two weeks. However FAP isn't covered in the training/formations report. Does it come under FAS?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 12:01

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Will@Fulham wrote:

Your Benteke swapbid is a good point actually, because we have 2 systems for bidding, the swapbids and the permanent bids the 2 systems have now "grown" apart in their requirements and if you permbid that same deal it will go through. The only advantage with the swapbid system is that it is immediate and you dont have to wait to get your answer.

So is it time to do away with swapbids ? and go exclusively over to permbids?

I think either way it would be useful to have immediate feedback on how the bid could be improved? For example could the RM take a look at your squad and assess what would convince him to do a deal?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 12:02

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul,
Just a quick one. I've tried playing FAP in friendlies over the last two weeks. However FAP isn't covered in the training/formations report. Does it come under FAS?

Yeah, FAP, FAS, FAL all come under the FAS training, so u can always switch without any negative affects to your team Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 12:13

Excellent, thanks Phil
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 12:17

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul,

yes FAP is FAS pressing
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 6    Season 23 Week 6  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan - 12:19

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul,

Yeah, FAP, FAS, FAL all come under the FAS training, so u can always switch without any negative affects to your team Smile

there is also FAD of course
Back to top Go down

Season 23 Week 6
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next