Paul Hemmings
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 17:05

Paul .................. I have to call you out/applaud you on this one. I have just scouted Santos and have noted they are managed by 'Pele' Hemmings. Getting in the samba spirit with your feeder club. Depressingly that would make me 'Diego' Wilson at Boca ............. which just sounds awful.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 17:32

Thanks Paul, great work again this week.  Helped by the fact I scored 15 goals between my two sides I guess!!

European result not as bad as feared upon first glance of the result.  Twice as many chances against Inter in the San Siro, having slightly more of the ball and conceding the winner in the very last minute, whilst frustrating, does show that things aren't all bad.  One of those days, unfortunately puts the pressure on the last game against Barca, winner takes all!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 17:34

Anyone else noticed the adjustment of a lot of players PTCRs?  Mainly the fringe players going up to 9797 which results in them wanting football.  A lot of my attitude 2 players are now attitude 1!!  There will be a lot of selection headaches around the grounds now I guess.

I like it though, ultimately when we have to let a few go, it will make the reality teams stronger.  Good work Paul.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 17:57

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Anyone else noticed the adjustment of a lot of players PTCRs?  Mainly the fringe players going up to 9797 which results in them wanting football.  A lot of my attitude 2 players are now attitude 1!!  There will be a lot of selection headaches around the grounds now I guess.

I like it though, ultimately when we have to let a few go, it will make the reality teams stronger.  Good work Paul.

I've had 6 players at Watford and 5 at Ancona all suddenly been made 9797. Massive headache now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 18:18

Despite the frustration another excellent weeks entertainment 

At least u guys are winning iv got headaches all over the place lol

Firstly how to stop these last minute goals, answers on a postcard
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 18:20

Rob@Inter wrote:
Paul .................. I have to call you out/applaud you on this one. I have just scouted Santos and have noted they are managed by 'Pele' Hemmings. Getting in the samba spirit with your feeder club. Depressingly that would make me 'Diego' Wilson at Boca ............. which just sounds awful.

yeah that was my nickname when I played, being a keeper without any footballing skills my bastard team mates called me Pele ! Smile  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 18:24

Tom@Charlton wrote:

that must be the automatic rating module I installed at the start of the season, it now rates players PT on international status, Full and caps, U21, Youth or Schoolboy and country, and CR on PT and age. It works within a narrow margin below the PT to keep fringe players rated better to save me having to do it manually.

Keep an eye on it and hola if you feel it is being too aggressive or too lenient as I expect it needs tweaking like any new system.

It makes a few assumptions about over 23 players and will adjust their CR up to be within -2 points of their PT on all players over 23 if it finds them below that level, this saves me having to manually review players as they leave people's academies. So a young england player who is Newed into the game will have initial PT equal to the associated PT of his real life club or PT equal to his international status/Country whichever is higher. England schoolboys should be CR88 youth ints CR90, U21 ints CR92 and full ints CR94 minimum. With full ints the system can also record nearcaps ( ie appearances in squads but didnt play, or missed out due to inj etc ). 25caps CR95 50caps CR97. I can still and do fast track some exceptional players like Neymar or Hazard etc. All top countries work along the same values as england with other countries -2 values below.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 18:50

This will give players an expectation level when signing a player, for instance if you sign an england under21 player you know he will be at least 9592 and if he makes a squad then he will get 9594. It should help immensely reality managers manage their squads better.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 18:58

That is a good system, keeping track of all the players would be nigh on impossible.

Maybe it is a tad generous at the minute?  For example, I have had two players that have been affected at Charlton.  Both were 9595 before and have just been made 9797.  The two players are Kevin Nolan and Darren Bent.  Personally, I think 9595 is about right for them both? 

Not too bothered though as Nolan is transfer listed this turn anyway, and everyone is in the same boat, other managers will have more problems than me I guess. 

What do you think Paul?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 20:29

yeah some of the older players would have higher PTs than they would get if they were Newed now, these type of players may be over rated now, I guess Nolan should be 9795 instead of 9797.

Anymore anybody ?
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:00

Gary Hooper, Alex McCarthy, Jake Livermore, Danny Rose, Lewis Holtby and Wilfried Bony have all come back for me as 97 97 for Watford. 
I can understand Bony maybe as he has 23 caps for ivory coast but the others only have 4 caps between them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:04

I've had two Brazilian youth players at Betis, both aged 17, who are 9795. Surely that's a bit agressive?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:09

Jamie@Watford wrote:
Gary Hooper, Alex McCarthy, Jake Livermore, Danny Rose, Lewis Holtby and Wilfried Bony have all come back for me as 97 97 for Watford. 
I can understand Bony maybe as he has 23 caps for ivory coast but the others only have 4 caps between them.

returned these except Bony, thanks
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:12

Rich@Leicester wrote:
I've had two Brazilian youth players at Betis, both aged 17, who are 9795. Surely that's a bit agressive?

reset Roberto Santos & Mattheus, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:14

thanks Paul, efficiently done Smile 

Can't believe I spent all my time trying to review players up, and now I'm trying to get players down!
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:15

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Jamie@Watford wrote:

returned these except Bony, thanks

Excellent, thanks Paul, much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:21

Thanks Paul, did you do Darren Bent?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:22

Luke Shaw on the other hand...... Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:28

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Thanks Paul, did you do Darren Bent?

Yes I did, thanks
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 21:44

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Luke Shaw on the other hand...... Wink

he is impressive isn't he Smile You'll soon have a problem at left back
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 22:08

Good win for England tonite, no trees pulled up, but very impressed with Sturridge again, whilst Lallana and Shaw look like they've been playing for England for years, both very impressive as well despite limited time on the field. Can't decide about Sterling never seems to deliver at the end and Henderson just never seems to get involved, maybe he's a bit tired after Liverpool exertions ? Gerrard is just brilliant. Good saves from Hart and somebody should tell Smalling he CAN go over halfway without stopping turning round and passing back ! I still think Richards should be in instead of Johnson I really don't understand his exclusion, can someone explain it to me ?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 22:18

Not sure myself. Doesn't help that he isn't a regular for City maybe?

England did ok, not sure if Roy is trying to set up as a counter attacking unit, but Denmark didn't offer much so hard to counter that.
Right about Smalling, looks very nervous on the ball, would much rather Lescott there.
Henderson is a funny one, although you think afterwards that he didn't do much, he does put a shift in and covers a lot of ground. Essential for Liverpool, but enough for England? Time will tell I guess.
Sterling has looked a different player this year, think it has been drilled into him to not try too much extravagance and to keep the ball.  Whilst making him a lot more responsible, sometimes you just want him to skin the defender which he is quite capable of doing.

So if Baines is first choice, Shaw or Cole? Big decision for Hodgson there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Mar - 22:47

No point taking cole, if baines is going as first choice u may as well take shaw for the experiance that'll he'll benefit from further down the line.

I think it'll be jagielka and Cahill, lescott for the same reason as Richards has probably been nudged down the pecking order, not enough minutes on the pitch,

Henderson is ur stereotypical workhorse, does the dirty work hat always goes unnoticed. Makes him an easy target when results are going badly as u start questioning what he actually did but players like him are vital.

Thought gerrard was solid, sterling did well enough, always will be a threat cos of his pace, and has certainly benefited from a run in he first team but at this level you've got to have end product and make the right decisions, still very very young and would rather him over a Lennon or Townsend.

I hope to god Roy is brave because tonight I thought Rooney was poor, wilshire hardly set the world alight and these two are our chief creators against a pretty poor Denmark side minus their star man.

Lallana was a breath of fresh air as he has been all this year to the premiership
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar - 9:23

Paul, on the ratings I think Perin, Mangala, Florenzi, Gabbiadini and Insigne at Inter should all still be 95 CR. Same for Musacchio, Poli and Iturbe at Boca. I can get you player reference numbers if needed.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar - 12:30

Rob@Inter wrote:
Paul, on the ratings I think Perin, Mangala, Florenzi, Gabbiadini and Insigne at Inter should all still be 95 CR. Same for Musacchio, Poli and Iturbe at Boca. I can get you player reference numbers if needed.

all these young fringe internationals reset to 95, thanks
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 10 processing...   Season 24 Week 10 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Mar - 12:32

Thanks Paul.
Back to top Go down

Season 24 Week 10 processing...
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9