6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Empty
PostSubject: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 8:50

Welcome to week 16 ...

I have begun entering all your orders.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 11:29

All received Paul?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 11:34

Chelsea v Plymouth

Following last weeks desperate defeat against Arsenal, Chelsea remain in serious danger of falling into the Championship come the end of the season.  Still sitting three points above their local rivals, current form is not good after a short spell away from the sidelines of their manager.  Hopefully now he looks to have returned, so will the the form of the star studded Chelsea line-up.  Results will surely follow.  However, they couldn't have asked for a tougher fixture this week against the league leaders and clear favourites for the title.
Ben's Plymouth side have been steadily picking up points and look a real cert to win the title this year.  A lot can happen between now and the end of the season but with the Home Park side's two main rivals, Charlton and Watford, still yet to play each other home or away, points will be dropped and as long as he doesn't let his current form slip, then the title will surely be heading back to the south coast?
No fresh injury or suspension worries for either side on the face of it, so this one should be an entertaining affair with lots of goalmouth action....commentators curse?

Newcastle v Birmingham

Time is fast running out for Newcastle and one of the most liked managers in the game. Despite a spirited display and a very creditable draw against City last week, draws unfortunatley will not be enough. Newcastle sit 8 points from safety with seven games remaining. Things don't look good, and a spell in the Championship might be on the cards.  Although a season of rebuilding and getting a settled side might not be a bad thing to come back even stronger the year after? We've said it before but this game can be very unforgiving and with Mark unfortunately not able to put as much time into it as previous years, his Newcastle side just haven't been able to cope without him.  Saying that though, there are still 7 games to go and a lot can happen in those remaining games.  Miracles can happen, just ask Gus Poyet...
Birmingham are having a season of transition I think, trying to sort out a way of fitting all their superstars into a formation that works for the whole side. A series of experimental formations have seen results suffer a little bit, but having gone back to the tried and trusted, their form
certainly seems to have turned the corner.  Not many people gaver them much chance last week when they conceeded a third against the then league leaders, but to come back and win that game will surely give them the shot in the arm the squad has needed.  The first team to take any point from the Valley, not 3 points, just any point in over a year and a half. That result alone shows that the ability is there in both the manager and the squad and maybe their league position doesn't reflect fully where they should be in the table!
Team news sees the influential Sulley Muntari out injured for Newcastle, whereas Birmingham have no fresh injury concerns.

Fulham v Leicester

A big local derby this one always filled with a lot of emotion and posturing from either manager.  Perhaps it would be best for this commentator to leave it up to the respective managers to put their own spin on this one?

Arsenal v Spurs

North London Derby, never a quiet affair and always something riding on it, it seems.  This one will be no different.  Another big game for Arsenal as three pints are becoming more important every week.  A win in this game and a loss for Chelsea would see the Emirates side climb out the bottom three for the first time this season.  Current form suggests that this should be a home banker but then the league table suggests otherwise.
Spurs still comfortable in midtable, Arsenal desperate to climb out of the drop zone following a few encouraging results. No fresh injury/suspension worries for either side, so sit back and enjoy..

Liverpool v Watford

Following on from a good win last week, Jamie's Watford will be hoping to keep the pressure on Ben at the top of the table. Currently four points off the top, it is important that the team pick up three points in games like these.  Liverpool need a result to kick-start their season again after a slow couple of results.  Last weeks last gasp comeback against the Champions should
give them enough of a boost to give the talented Watford side a good run for their money.  Difficult fixture this for the title challengers, as Liverpool have been fairly strong at home this season.
What doesn't help is that they also have a massive European semi in midweek against Man City.  Surely the first teamers will be in full force for that one, does that mean though players will be rested for the league game.  Some difficult selection decisions to be made by Jamie this week especially as Moussa Dembele seems to have picked up another injury...

Other fixture :  Man City v Charlton
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 11:58

Got orders from Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Birmingham, Leicester, Plymouth, Watford, Charlton, Fulham, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Schalke and Inverness.

note to Leicester, just a quick heads up, I couldn't find the enclosed cheque, so you may need to cancel it, although the envelope didn't appear to have been opened or broken.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 13:23

Paul I think I put a post turn for Barca but not Flamengo, could I have a post turn for both please?
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun - 15:33

Nani is out this week unfortunately so TC23 gets a rare start at DL.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 9:28

I spent most of yesterday adding "New" players to the database so today I'll be processing the rest of the orders. Probably means the games wont be run until thursday but I'll keep you informed.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 9:33

Younger players Paul or more established players?  Surprised there are some that aren't covered by the vast database!!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 9:34

Nice avatar!!  Fully behind the Banstead boys now then!!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 9:36

Mostly young players this week, and yeah looks like I am a Ram after all, of sorts, even if it is a Banstead Ram  lol!

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Tue 3 Jun - 21:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 10:02

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Got orders from Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Birmingham, Leicester, Plymouth, Watford, Charlton, Fulham, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Schalke and Inverness.

note to Leicester, just a quick heads up, I couldn't find the enclosed cheque, so you may need to cancel it, although the envelope didn't appear to have been opened or broken.

I slid it in between the accompanying "NEW" sheets. It's definitely in there. 100%. The last few turns have been a nightmare with all sorts of things going wrong, which was typified by not getting a full printout last turn. So I wasnt going to run that risk again. it is 100% enclosed Paul, I promised.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 11:21

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

I slid it in between the accompanying "NEW" sheets. It's definitely in there. 100%. The last few turns have been a nightmare with all sorts of things going wrong, which was typified by not getting a full printout last turn. So I wasnt going to run that risk again. it is 100% enclosed Paul, I promised.

Yep found it lol apologies for the confusion,it was too well hidden Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 15:03

Matt@Barcelona wrote:
Paul I think I put a post turn for Barca but not Flamengo, could I have a post turn for both please?

okay thanks
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 17:52

Still got some data entry to do, which I'll finish in the morning hopefully. So still looking like thursday for the games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 19:13

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Mostly young players this week, and yeah looks like I am a Ram after all, of sorts  lol!
The most important thing us though, do u hate forest ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 19:15

Thoughts/predications of mine and riches game.

I'll take the lead,maybe score more than one maybe not, but he'll score in The last 10 minutes lol
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 19:57

Will@Fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Mostly young players this week, and yeah looks like I am a Ram after all, of sorts  lol!
Surely there has to be some sanction on this???? Anyone for beers in Notts soon so I can abuse him face to face? I'll stay over this time.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun - 20:37

Rob@Inter wrote:
Will@Fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Surely there has to be some sanction on this???? Anyone for beers in Notts soon so I can abuse him face to face? I'll stay over this time.
I'm in, although September might be the earliest I can do with the Wedding coming up...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun - 8:11

Okay all data entry finished, I've started to run the pre-league game matches, including the semi-finals of the Champions Cup, Europa Cup and Copa Libertadores. There are some really interesting games in those competitions this week and I esp look forward to watching Inter against Barcelona as the action unfolds here on my monitor.

Good luck to everybody this week.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun - 8:34

It's the Champs League semi? Oh god. Good luck all ... mutter mutter ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun - 10:39

Of course we're all in for beers in Notts. Why don't you come up for the England v Italy game?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun - 11:22

Opened another thread in 'Off Topic' about meeting up to avoid hijacking this one.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun - 22:04

Kickoff 1000 hours thursday morning, good luck everybody. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jun - 9:58

The players are out and we're ready for the whistle...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 16 processing ...   Season 24 Week 16 processing ... Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jun - 10:02

And we're off ...
Back to top Go down

Season 24 Week 16 processing ...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next