Paul Hemmings
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun - 22:08

Very honest and a great gesture of sportsmanship as Ben is the only one to face Fulham in the run-in for the title!!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun - 22:46

Tbh I didn't even realise that but would be a real shame if they got dismantled after Will has spent so much time getting them where they are. 

Perhaps, and I know this is controversial, but one for Rob to take over next season if Paul allows? At least that way England gets some more real managers in. I certainly wouldn't see it as unfair but will depend on what others think, and of course Rob and Paul lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 8:48

I'd vote for Wilson at the Cottage...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 9:51

Makes sense but I guess it depends what Rob is looking for.  A ready made squad or maybe one a few leagues down, that he can create from nothing?  Forest are the obvious choice?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 9:53

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Still have unfinished business at Plymouth for the time being...
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 9:55

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Makes sense but I guess it depends what Rob is looking for.  A ready made squad or maybe one a few leagues down, that he can create from nothing?  Forest are the obvious choice?
That's true its obviously a decision he needs to make...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 10:07

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Still have unfinished business at Plymouth for the time being...
Think Rich was talking about me Ben. Too many Wilson's in this game. I'm actually moving house to Fulham at the start of July (if things go to plan) about 2 minutes walk from The Cottage. After the turns are out I'll give Paul a call and see what he says. It'll be hard to give up Boca after all the work that's gone in there and the squad that's been built up but I've never had a real prolonged go at an English team in any game. And making Inter a feeder, no idea if Paul would allow that but I suppose most of us have feeder clubs in top divisions in Italy, Spain etc. 

Let's see what Paul says but one way or another I'd like to manage in England just to see how good you guys really are.
Back to top Go down
Rich@Birmingham
Championship 90/90
Championship 90/90
Rich@Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 10:26

Just getting caught up with everything, bloody hell you let real life get in the way for a few days and its all change!!! Really need to get into the habit of sorting my turn out straight away then tweaking it just before i send it in. Decent turn though all said!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 10:28

Email turns all sent out. Doing the printing now.

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 10:35

I don't think Inter could be a feeder club, I decided a few seasons back that Bayern couldn't be a feeder club when Tom was in charge of them, and I think it's the same with Inter, they are just too big to be a feeder club, it seems only fair. The Bayern decision was a good one cos Matt ( not on this forum ) came into Bayern after Tom left and did a great job with them, they're always a popular club to manage, same with Inter they are always managed.

We do have a rule that says feeder clubs can not play in the Premiership. So as things stand at the moment you wouldn't be able to take Fulham as Inter's feeder club and if you takeover at Forest then you are limited to the Championship leagues and below.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but if anybody has any suggestions then I'm open to a debate on these rules.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 10:42

Fulham will be in protected mode for next week.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 11:32

Paul Hemmings wrote:
I don't think Inter could be a feeder club, I decided a few seasons back that Bayern couldn't be a feeder club when Tom was in charge of them, and I think it's the same with Inter, they are just too big to be a feeder club, it seems only fair. The Bayern decision was a good one cos Matt ( not on this forum ) came into Bayern after Tom left and did a great job with them, they're always a popular club to manage, same with Inter they are always managed.

We do have a rule that says feeder clubs can not play in the Premiership. So as things stand at the moment you wouldn't be able to take Fulham as Inter's feeder club and if you takeover at Forest then you are limited to the Championship leagues and below.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but if anybody has any suggestions then I'm open to a debate on these rules.

My personal opinion is that given it would be great to have more managers in England that a feeder club in the Premiership would be welcome, especially if it increased interaction/transfers etc in the English League. Not sure what anyone else thinks though...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 11:42

Wouldn't bother me Paul, if you wanted to change the rules regarding English feeder clubs.  Like Ben said it would be better for the competition I think.  At the time, I think it was right that you didn't let Bayern be a feeder club, but possibly there aren't so many controversial deals happening.

The only issue would be for Rob that he wouldn't be able to do deals between the two really, barring English eligible players from Fulham to Inter which wouldn't make much sense.  No players would be allowed to move from Inter to Fulham, unless it is under22 loans.  This would severly restrict Rob I think, but then Fulham are a ready made squad.  Depends what Rob wants out of it I guess.  My experience is that an English feeder club has too many restrictions to be successful.  Which I completely agree with.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 20:33

Just reading through my turn this week.  Another great weeks entertainment. Delighted to get Serge Aurier and Kurt Zouma on board in France, some young home grown talent to beef up the back line.

Just a quick question for Paul, last turn (week 16) I went to NEW Divock Origi and got the feedback - 'Divock Origi is not for sale'.  Naturally I assumed that he was at a reality managed club or a managed one, but then this week I noticed he has moved from NONL to Real Betis as a NEW??

Can you clear this up for me??  Don't want to get on the wrong side of Rich but I genuinely did try and new him last week.  Also was very keen to get Quincy Promes too, but only scouted him this week and that cost me.  Good pickup that Rich.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun - 22:27

I tried to new a player this turn but had the feedback that he wasnt for sale, so I scouted him this turn and he's at non league but not for sale, which I don't understand!

Rich seems to have made a couple of good signings this turn and I've been trying to get zouma for weeks, good pick up there tom!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 8:02

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Just a quick question for Paul, last turn (week 16) I went to NEW Divock Origi and got the feedback - 'Divock Origi is not for sale'.  Naturally I assumed that he was at a reality managed club or a managed one, but then this week I noticed he has moved from NONL to Real Betis as a NEW??

Can you clear this up for me??  Don't want to get on the wrong side of Rich but I genuinely did try and new him last week.  Also was very keen to get Quincy Promes too, but only scouted him this week and that cost me.  Good pickup that Rich.

Yes, easy explanation, on week 16 any new players I added to the database like Origi and Promes were erroneously marked as not for sale even though I added them both to the non-league. When Rich said he signed no players earlier in the thread I was a bit surprised cos I remembered adding those 2 guys to the non-league. So I checked back on last week's order sheets worked out who would have won their signatures and put them through this week as NEWs.

Rich outbid you for Origi. Betis also signed Promes Drmic and Iturraspe from last week who were also erroneously marked as not for sale even though they were in the non-league.

Apologies for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 8:15

Jamie@Watford wrote:
I tried to new a player this turn but had the feedback that he wasnt for sale, so I scouted him this turn and he's at non league but not for sale, which I don't understand!

It seems that Bernardeschi is in fact at the non-league and should have not been flagged not for sale as well, so I've re-processed that bid too. Ancona signed him for £250,000. Again apologies for the confusion sometimes my fingers don't work properly.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 8:19

Tom, this issue also affected your NEWs for Damm and Isci this week, so I re-processed them and Nantes signed both for £250,000 each.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 8:23

I've now done away with the "NOT FOR SALE" message and replaced it with a more detailed message which gives you more info on the player.

Just fyi this issue affected players in the non-league who had no preferred club setup manually by me and their preferred club had defaulted to the non-league. So the system thought that the non-league was their preferred club. Hence the message.

Due to a slight rework of the code I did last week I caused this issue which is now fixed.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 8:40

Leicester also signed Keanan Bennetts from week 16 for £250,000.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 8:59

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:

Yes, easy explanation, on week 16 any new players I added to the database like Origi and Promes were erroneously marked as not for sale even though I added them both to the non-league. When Rich said he signed no players earlier in the thread I was a bit surprised cos I remembered adding those 2 guys to the non-league. So I checked back on last week's order sheets worked out who would have won their signatures and put them through this week as NEWs.

Rich outbid you for Origi. Betis also signed Promes Drmic and Iturraspe from last week who were also erroneously marked as not for sale even though they were in the non-league.

Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks for that mate, fair enough.  Great pickups there Rich!!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 8:59

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Tom, this issue also affected your NEWs for Damm and Isci this week, so I re-processed them and Nantes signed both for £250,000 each.

Excellent, many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 22:54

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Jamie@Watford wrote:

It seems that Bernardeschi is in fact at the non-league and should have not been flagged not for sale as well, so I've re-processed that bid too. Ancona signed him for £250,000. Again apologies for the confusion sometimes my fingers don't work properly.
Excellent, thanks paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jun - 20:58

Did anyone not get a list of transfers gone through this week?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jun - 18:52

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Did anyone not get a list of transfers gone through this week?
 I got one, you need a copy?

Origi looks more and more like a great signing!!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 24 Week 17 processing ...   Season 24 Week 17 processing ... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jun - 18:53

Tom any chance you could send me a soft copy?
Back to top Go down

Season 24 Week 17 processing ...
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next