gary@chelsea
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul - 17:03

Email turns all sent out.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul - 17:07

Thanks Paul!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul - 17:44

First Issue - I had to change the way the system decided whether or not a player was in the non-league and as a result players you asked to scout may be incorrectly flagged as being in the nonleague without a manager, even when they are obviously not. Ben spotted this one. I'll get it fixed for next time, any queries concerning players you scouted just let me know and I'll sort you an answer.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul - 18:16

Paul Hemmings wrote:
First Issue - I had to change the way the system decided whether or not a player was in the non-league and as a result players you asked to scout may be incorrectly flagged as being in the nonleague without a manager, even when they are obviously not. Ben spotted this one. I'll get it fixed for next time, any queries concerning players you scouted just let me know and I'll sort you an answer.
Got it - thanks Paul!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul - 20:41

Paul, I noticed an issue with my NEWs this week?  I tried to new three players who were at the Non league so shouldve gone through but got the feedback that I already have 60 players.  At Nantes i have 56 and Flu 53, so not sure why this happened?

I did notice last week on the club reference number list that it said Nantes had 86, Charlton 89 and Flu 75?  Not sure why these numbers are so high and whether it is relevant or not but it may explain why the system thinks I have more than 60 players?  

Does this mean I would've been penalised in the games or is it just a transfer ban for being over 60 players?

Also, I noticed my two charity shield games were played by my league side rather than my cup side?  Is this right?  If so, why did we get cup sheets?  Only reason I ask is that I pretty much played different 11s for both so the league side would be well rested for their game?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul - 21:01

Actually Paul.  I have the same with NEWs at Nacional. All other clubs are OK. Although no feedback at all.

Same as Tom for the cup games. My League side played although not sure it would have made a difference.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul - 23:20

Traditionally the Charity Shield game has always used the league team and when I expanded the system into the current Super Cup games I kept the original system of using the league side and its been like this for a few seasons now, but I was halfway through changing the system to use the cup team when real life got in the way. I totally forgot I had only tested the first part of the system which prints a cup order sheet for the super cup games, but I havent yet finished testing the second part of the system to use the cup team. for the actual game. So I entered all your cup orders and system totally used the league team. It was a bit confusing to get a cup order sheet and then to have it ignored, thats obviously not what I was after, hopefully it will working for the start of next season.

It effected everybody the same and the second part of the system is still untested so the results will have to stand, but I do apologise for the confusion.

Currently players out on loan are counted as being owned by the loaning club not the team they are loaned to.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 6:12

That’s fair enough re the cup games, like you say everyone was the same so it doesn’t matter.

The max 60 limit wasn’t going to include loan players was it? 
When you say ‘currently’ does that mean you are on it? Will we be ok to NEW next week?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
International Star - 97/97
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 7:00

Hi Paul

Only is issue I have is my goalkeeper at Emelec, feedback keeps telling me he is unhappy and wants to play in first 11 but he already is?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 7:30

gary@chelsea wrote:
Hi Paul

Only is issue I have is my goalkeeper at Emelec, feedback keeps telling me he is unhappy and wants to play in first 11 but he already is?

Gaz, it’s a clear sign of man management issues!!! What have you been doing down in Ecuador?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 9:26

gary@chelsea wrote:
Hi Paul

Sometimes it takes a week for players to "adjust" their attitude after you fix their "situation" and he had played in the reserves the three previous games and sounds like this was one of those occasions. I've checked him and reviewed him and he should be okay next week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 9:36

Tom@Charlton wrote:
That’s fair enough re the cup games, like you say everyone was the same so it doesn’t matter.

When you say ‘currently’ does that mean you are on it? Will we be ok to NEW next week?

Thanks

The 60 limit is supposed to include loan players, I feel like 60 players is enough for one club, the system loads in all the players for a club regardless of their status and 60 seems to work well with windows 10. Some of you now have four clubs so that's 240 players in total you have control over.

Last season we had five enthusiastic new managers drop out for the same reason, that reason was long time managers hoarding all the youth players for the big nations, which is not good for the future of the game. This limit helps address this problem slightly and now if you want to snap up another young star you need to make a decision about who to let go, which is good for everybody.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 9:51

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:

Thanks

The 60 limit is supposed to include loan players, I feel like 60 players is enough for one club, the system loads in all the players for a club regardless of their status and 60 seems to work well with windows 10. Some of you now have four clubs so that's 240 players in total you have control over.

Last season we had five enthusiastic new managers drop out for the same reason, that reason was long time managers hoarding all the youth players for the big nations, which is not good for the future of the game. This limit helps address this problem slightly and now if you want to snap up another young star you need to make a decision about who to let go, which is good for everybody.
Paul, This makes sense and I'm in full agreement. The players I tried to bring to Nacional this turn had no feedback and Nacional have 52 players (none out on loan and 4 of the 52 are in from other teams on loan). And I only did 10 dealings.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 10:01

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:

Thanks

This is fair to me , not far off every player I have thought about or scouted is pretty much at a club or someone's feeder club , can be a bit daunting when trying to close gap on other teams in the league
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 10:20

Completely agree, this is fair and I am probably the worst for hoarding so don't mind.

What I do mind is this.....

https://www.championship-football.com/t2052-squad-sizes-and-loan-players

This was announced in late march, just after week 16, which is when I start planning my squads for the new season.  I based my squads around this announcement, which clearly says the 60 limit doesn't include loan players.  If I have known otherwise I would have planned accordingly.  Unless I have missed an announcement in between, this seems a little unfair to change the rules now, in the week it starts?

Like I say, I don't mind it including the loan players and I understand why you want to implement it but I've been working to your original announcement and now am on a transfer ban I assume because of the quick change?  Hopefully just a transfer ban, or are my players being penalised during the games too? 

Are you able to delay the loan players issue until next season?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 10:58

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Completely agree, this is fair and I am probably the worst for hoarding so don't mind.

What I do mind is this.....

https://www.championship-football.com/t2052-squad-sizes-and-loan-players

This was announced in late march, just after week 16, which is when I start planning my squads for the new season.  I based my squads around this announcement, which clearly says the 60 limit doesn't include loan players.  If I have known otherwise I would have planned accordingly.  Unless I have missed an announcement in between, this seems a little unfair to change the rules now, in the week it starts?

Like I say, I don't mind it including the loan players and I understand why you want to implement it but I've been working to your original announcement and now am on a transfer ban I assume because of the quick change?  Hopefully just a transfer ban, or are my players being penalised during the games too? 

Are you able to delay the loan players issue until next season?

Loan players have always been included in the limit but I changed my mind to remove them from the limit and I apologise for that, but it happens sometimes when people give me feedback about why they dropped out at the end of the season, and with everything going on in real life at the moment I forgot to let you know about the change. I could delay it and lose another five managers but i'm not going to. This is the biggest bugbear to getting new people into the game and I may add further restrictions to squad sizes going forward.

No players are not penalised.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 11:15

Ok fair enough, your game, your rules.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 11:19

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Paul, This makes sense and I'm in full agreement. The players I tried to bring to Nacional this turn had no feedback and Nacional have 52 players (none out on loan and 4 of the 52 are in from other teams on loan). And I only did 10 dealings.

Hi Rob, I cant find scout reports for the three players you tried to NEW at Nacional looks like I've mislaid them, and forgot to do the NEWs but I'll add them now and send you a new email turn. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 11:37

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:

Hi Rob, I cant find scout reports for the three players you tried to NEW at Nacional looks like I've mislaid them, and forgot to do the NEWs but I'll add them now and send you a new email turn. Thanks.
I've just resent the mail. Thanks Paul.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 11:41

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Perrieira 10m this turn....you know you want to.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 11:42

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
Hi Paul

Gaz, it’s a clear sign of man management issues!!! What have you been doing down in Ecuador?
not drug smuggling...definitely not drug smuggling.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 11:44

gary@chelsea wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Perrieira 10m this turn....you know you want to.

Might have to pal, will keep you informed....
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 11:45

Sorry Paul - just seen the e-mail. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 12:19

Sorry Paul, I've a problem with the Italy u21's. The squad includes 22 yr olds with squad no. 0 and the 'best of the rest' are aged 27 -37. Needs a reset, me thinks  lol!

That apart, I think you do a great job. Reducing squad sizes, and including loanees in that, is a great idea.

Love Paul  cheers
Love CF  cheers
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 12:34

Dave@Villa wrote:
 the 'best of the rest' are aged 27 -37. Needs a reset, me thinks  lol!

Paul - that's on Spain under 21 as well.  The best of the rest being my age. Although I am trying to round a few up for a Monday night 5-a-side.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 1 processing...   Season 31 Week 1 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 12:50

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Dave@Villa wrote:
 the 'best of the rest' are aged 27 -37. Needs a reset, me thinks  lol!

Paul - that's on Spain under 21 as well.  The best of the rest being my age. Although I am trying to round a few up for a Monday night 5-a-side.
Ditto, Portugal u21
Back to top Go down

Season 31 Week 1 processing...
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next