Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation
 
HomeSiteLog inRegister

 

 Season 31 Week 3 processing...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master


Posts : 29252
Join date : 2009-12-02

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 17:13

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Email turns all sent out, any issues let me know.
Thanks Paul as ever for a great week.

One slight issue I noticed at Plymouth was with tiredness. Most of the players got tired on 70 mins in the league game despite having 2 rest periods between the two games and starting the week on high stamina. One of them didn't play the first game and had 2 rest periods but still got tired (he started on good). 

Have I misunderstood how to mitigate against tiredness - thought 2 rest training periods mitigated against any stamina issues across the two games? Also have luxury coach which should have given an extra stamina point?

Apologies if am missing something here - didn't happen the week before with the CL games – just keen to make sure doesn't happen again in double match weeks.

Thanks

Ben
I'll check Plymouth to see what went on and let you know.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 1788
Reputation : 513
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 35

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 17:19

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Email turns all sent out, any issues let me know.
Thanks Paul as ever for a great week.

One slight issue I noticed at Plymouth was with tiredness. Most of the players got tired on 70 mins in the league game despite having 2 rest periods between the two games and starting the week on high stamina. One of them didn't play the first game and had 2 rest periods but still got tired (he started on good). 

Have I misunderstood how to mitigate against tiredness - thought 2 rest training periods mitigated against any stamina issues across the two games? Also have luxury coach which should have given an extra stamina point?

Apologies if am missing something here - didn't happen the week before with the CL games – just keen to make sure doesn't happen again in double match weeks.

Thanks

Ben
I'll check Plymouth to see what went on and let you know.
Thanks Paul, much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 29252
Reputation : 1399
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 18:07

Ben - things have worked as they should have done.

But there are two things you can do to improve your players stamina.

1) buy some equipment for your luxury coach which will increase its effectiveness cos at the moment it is zero effectiveness.
2) adding an extra rest period would have taken your players onto 95 minutes stamina for the league game.

a couple of things to remember, each rest period gets you an additional 25 minutes of stamina, and your luxury coach can double that if its effective enough, so four periods without a luxury coach or two with a luxury coach should get you back up  to high stamina ready for the next game.

Loftus&Bell are younger but they played both games and started on 90 stamina each, this gives them 90 minutes for the cup game ( stamina does not adversely affect cup games but is still used up ) then minus 90 gives them 0 at the end of the cup game, but because they both ran around alot they lost an extra 10 stamina each ( luxury coach at 100% prevents this ), giving -10 stamina each at the end of the cup game. Then you had two rest periods after the cup game so add +50 +30 free stamina for a league game, means they each started the league game with 70 stamina, hence the tiredness on 70 minutes messages. Hope that helps abit ?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Posts : 2644
Reputation : 879
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 48
Location : London

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 18:08

Ben's Atletico were robbed (possibly at knifepoint) ......... on first quick glance. Will read in detail later.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 29252
Reputation : 1399
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 18:22

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben's Atletico were robbed (possibly at knifepoint) ......... on first quick glance. Will read in detail later.
Yep Barca got away with one Smile but that's football...
Back to top Go down
Rich@RealMadrid
Conference - 84/84
Conference - 84/84
Rich@RealMadrid

Posts : 33
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2018-02-26

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 18:34

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben's Atletico were robbed (possibly at knifepoint) ......... on first quick glance. Will read in detail later.
Same here with Valencia, I just can't create anything at the moment so to have won would've been the biggest robbery since Barca at Stamford Bridge. Time for plan B. There's always a plan B.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 29252
Reputation : 1399
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 18:42

Rich@RealMadrid wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben's Atletico were robbed (possibly at knifepoint) ......... on first quick glance. Will read in detail later.
Same here with Valencia, I just can't create anything at the moment so to have won would've been the biggest robbery since Barca at Stamford Bridge. Time for plan B. There's always a plan B.

Slow with wingers doesnt work well Rich, try using winghalves or dynamos.
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
International 94/94
International 94/94
gary@chelsea

Posts : 312
Reputation : 184
Join date : 2019-08-02
Age : 37
Location : Poole

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 18:51

Rich@RealMadrid wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben's Atletico were robbed (possibly at knifepoint) ......... on first quick glance. Will read in detail later.
Same here with Valencia, I just can't create anything at the moment so to have won would've been the biggest robbery since Barca at Stamford Bridge. Time for plan B. There's always a plan B.
There was no need to rip an old wound open Rich...unintended i know , i still hate Barcelona to to this day  Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 1788
Reputation : 513
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 35

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 19:21

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben - things have worked as they should have done.

But there are two things you can do to improve your players stamina.

1) buy some equipment for your luxury coach which will increase its effectiveness cos at the moment it is zero effectiveness.
2) adding an extra rest period would have taken your players onto 95 minutes stamina for the league game.

a couple of things to remember, each rest period gets you an additional 25 minutes of stamina, and your luxury coach can double that if its effective enough, so four periods without a luxury coach or two with a luxury coach should get you back up  to high stamina ready for the next game.

Loftus&Bell are younger but they played both games and started on 90 stamina each, this gives them 90 minutes for the cup game ( stamina does not adversely affect cup games but is still used up ) then minus 90 gives them 0 at the end of the cup game, but because they both ran around alot they lost an extra 10 stamina each ( luxury coach at 100% prevents this ), giving -10 stamina each at the end of the cup game. Then you had two rest periods after the cup game so add +50 +30 free stamina for a league game, means they each started the league game with 70 stamina, hence the tiredness on 70 minutes messages. Hope that helps abit ?

Thanks Paul for looking into it. 

Hadn't realised the coach wasn't equipped and also thought you only needed 2 rest periods not the 4 without! No wonder I conceded late on - rookie error.

Will sort for next turn - its £250k to fully equip unless I'm mistaken?


Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Thu 20 Aug - 19:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Andy@Schalke

Posts : 701
Reputation : 309
Join date : 2015-08-03

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 19:24

Paul, my U21 turn didn't have a FR or SO that I requested matey.

Don't need you to sort it this turn, but thought you should know there's a possible problem...

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 1788
Reputation : 513
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 35

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 19:25

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben's Atletico were robbed (possibly at knifepoint) ......... on first quick glance. Will read in detail later.
Yep Barca got away with one Smile but that's football...
Of all the games for my team to be unlucky - that's football though!

Least I know that FLP can reasonably stand up away from home, though hard to get the ball against SLO.

Paul - does the BW in FLB just constantly harass the players with the ball?
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Andy@Schalke

Posts : 701
Reputation : 309
Join date : 2015-08-03

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 19:26

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben - things have worked as they should have done.

But there are two things you can do to improve your players stamina.

1) buy some equipment for your luxury coach which will increase its effectiveness cos at the moment it is zero effectiveness.
2) adding an extra rest period would have taken your players onto 95 minutes stamina for the league game.

a couple of things to remember, each rest period gets you an additional 25 minutes of stamina, and your luxury coach can double that if its effective enough, so four periods without a luxury coach or two with a luxury coach should get you back up  to high stamina ready for the next game.

Loftus&Bell are younger but they played both games and started on 90 stamina each, this gives them 90 minutes for the cup game ( stamina does not adversely affect cup games but is still used up ) then minus 90 gives them 0 at the end of the cup game, but because they both ran around alot they lost an extra 10 stamina each ( luxury coach at 100% prevents this ), giving -10 stamina each at the end of the cup game. Then you had two rest periods after the cup game so add +50 +30 free stamina for a league game, means they each started the league game with 70 stamina, hence the tiredness on 70 minutes messages. Hope that helps abit ?

Thanks Paul for looking into it. 

Hadn't realised the coach wasn't equipped and also thought you only needed 2 rest periods not the 4 without! No wonder I conceded late on - rookie error.

Will sort for next turn!

Its £250k to fully equip unless I'm mistaken?

Yes Ben, £250k to 100% equip...
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
International 94/94
International 94/94
gary@chelsea

Posts : 312
Reputation : 184
Join date : 2019-08-02
Age : 37
Location : Poole

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 20:59

My turn all good apart from my French u21's played themselves in a friendly and Aubameyang scored for France against my Belgium side in a friendly... doesnt he play for Gabon?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 29252
Reputation : 1399
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 6:51

gary@chelsea wrote:
My turn all good apart from my French u21's played themselves in a friendly and Aubameyang scored for France against my Belgium side in a friendly... doesnt he play for Gabon?

When you select friendlies for your Under21 sides they play against the Under21 sides for the opposition you choose, and yes you did ask for a FR FRA and had I noticed I would have changed it I should probably make that check automatic in future. Thanks.

Players have nationalities and passports and can play for either nation, first come first served.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 29252
Reputation : 1399
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 7:18

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Paul, my U21 turn didn't have a FR or SO that I requested matey.

Don't need you to sort it this turn, but thought you should know there's a possible problem...

Andy.

Thanks Andy, and yes the problem is me as usual, I missed transferring your special actions to the system. Cant do anything about the missing friendly but I can send you the missing scout report.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 29252
Reputation : 1399
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 8:30

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben's Atletico were robbed (possibly at knifepoint) ......... on first quick glance. Will read in detail later.
Yep Barca got away with one Smile but that's football...
Of all the games for my team to be unlucky - that's football though!

Least I know that FLP can reasonably stand up away from home, though hard to get the ball against SLO.

Paul - does the BW in FLB just constantly harass the players with the ball?

The short answer is no, Ballwinners will try to win back possession while the ball is in the centre of midfield, so for instance especially effective against slow but no good against any of the long ball tactics.
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

Posts : 342
Reputation : 212
Join date : 2015-12-19
Age : 64
Location : Chopwell, Nr Consett

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 13:54

Lots of useful info....as usual.
Cheers Paul.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99


Posts : 1788
Reputation : 513
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 35

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 15:22

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben's Atletico were robbed (possibly at knifepoint) ......... on first quick glance. Will read in detail later.
Yep Barca got away with one Smile but that's football...
Of all the games for my team to be unlucky - that's football though!

Least I know that FLP can reasonably stand up away from home, though hard to get the ball against SLO.

Paul - does the BW in FLB just constantly harass the players with the ball?

The short answer is no, Ballwinners will try to win back possession while the ball is in the centre of midfield, so for instance especially effective against slow but no good against any of the long ball tactics.
Thanks Paul!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 29252
Reputation : 1399
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug - 10:13

Due to a loophole in the games AI logic for the Counter Long tactic I've had to rerun all the games where either team used the CAL tactic.

The rerun results are :-

Palace 2 Watford 3
Penzance 2 Camelford 0
Crusaders 4 Distillery 0

Will send out replacement turns to all these teams later today.


Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Sat 22 Aug - 10:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Posts : 29252
Reputation : 1399
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug - 10:16

Updated Premiership Table

Charlton 7 +2
Watford 6 +4 Champions
Aston Villa 6 +3
Plymouth 6 +2
Arsenal 6 +1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 3 processing...   Season 31 Week 3 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Season 31 Week 3 processing...
Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: