Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

Week 15........... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 17:23

I put 4 million, bugger!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 17:26

Stuart@Roma wrote:
maybe his feeder club has more disposable income? i mean....it would make sense if they did. why use united to pay their signon fee when you can use ur feeder and slide him across to united for resell price and no signon. i'd imagine a few of you have had the same idea as him though so it'll be interesting to see who gets him!

This is another example of why "feeder" clubs are so ridiculous in this game. This is not grooming a player which is what feeder clubs are supposed to be designed to do. Just a blatant case of using two club's resources for the benefit of the parent club. It'll be interesting to see if Cole ends up at a "feeder" club. Anyway I'm not looking to reopen the debate. Just restating where I stand on the issue.

[I feel I need to point out that I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong. I just feel feeder clubs, at least with their current rules, are unrealistic and are subject to being abused in the game.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 18:39

Rich@ManUtd wrote:
Yeah tried to NEW him in as soon as I got Gremio but he was already at Goias, think Matt and myself read the same websites.....

Very flukey signing for me. I read sometime ago, before Christmas, that Man U were possibly going to be opening Chivas new stadium with a friendly game next season, and with no Man U tour to Mexico (infact they've never ever played a match there) I thought " why would they do that?"
So I took a punt that it involved a player going from Chivas to Man U, and looking down the list, Hernandez looked the most likely to make it in Europe.
Massive fluke !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 18:42

Matt@Hull wrote:
Rich@ManUtd wrote:
Yeah tried to NEW him in as soon as I got Gremio but he was already at Goias, think Matt and myself read the same websites.....

Very flukey signing for me. I read sometime ago, before Christmas, that Man U were possibly going to be opening Chivas new stadium with a friendly game next season, and with no Man U tour to Mexico (infact they've never ever played a match there) I thought " why would they do that?"
So I took a punt that it involved a player going from Chivas to Man U, and looking down the list, Hernandez looked the most likely to make it in Europe.
Massive fluke !

Doesn't sound like a fluke to me. A gamble maybe but in my opinion real genius thinking outside the box. Superbly done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 18:54

Stuart@Roma wrote:
maybe his feeder club has more disposable income? i mean....it would make sense if they did. why use united to pay their signon fee when you can use ur feeder and slide him across to united for resell price and no signon. i'd imagine a few of you have had the same idea as him though so it'll be interesting to see who gets him!

Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_cry

Echo Dans comments.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:06

i might agree with some of what dan says myself but these are the possibilities open to people i'm afraid. is it right or wrong? who knows. and i guess each feeder club has its own finances and i cant imagine any/many lower division ones would have the finances to do as i suggested their. i'm surprised you were'nt one of them that considered this option will, given your clever business with thomas peckhart among other players that you've brought into the game, but then i doubt you have much cash at Vicenza, like Palermo, so the option probably wasnt their. I'd imagine a few top flight brazilian and italian feeder clubs do have these resources though hence why i thought i should point this out. maybe feeder clubs should not be allowed to be top flight in any country as it does give significant advantages. if tom can't have charlton in the top flight in england then why should any one else in another country? surely tom wouldnt be doing anything different with charlton as anybody else with a feeder club in a foreign country, that's my point.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Fri 9 Apr - 19:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:08

Matt@Hull wrote:
Rich@ManUtd wrote:

Massive fluke !

kudos to you Matt, really good management.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:16

agree stu and your right its a fair point because theres still no hard and fast rules still its open to peoples interpretation and discression.

Like the idea of no top flight feeder clubs, i did mention that to PH when he 1st introduced the new Feeder club rules but he wanted to see how things panned out - fair enough.

As for Fulham and cole, i could just get together the asking price(just) butno wa i could get enough for a decent signing on fee.

im all out of youngsters if things go through accordingly, regret letting pekhart go a little scouted Lazio last week and his New Buycost is 9m!!
i only got 6.95 for him, missed a trick there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:20

If Cole does end up at Gremio he will not end up at United. I have other striker irons in the fire at Old Trafford!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:25

I bid for Cole at Chelsea with a sign on fee of.......£6,750,000
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:26

Will@Fulham wrote:
aim all out of youngsters if things go through accordingly, regret letting pekhart go a little scouted Lazio last week and his New Buycost is 9m!!

i think you'll find paul upped the tv just to stop martin from selling pekhart from lazio to bohemians cheaply.

i dont know what should be done about feeder clubs. i just dont get why feeder clubs in a foreign country can be top flight but not in england? in effect, tom's hands are tied more than anyone because he can't transfer players from bayern to charlton. whereas feeder clubs in other leagues can transfer from their foreign club to english one. the answer i guess is re-enable transfers from parent to feeder or stop all transfers between parent and feeder full stop and that all deals must strictly be loans.

or maybe....if someone wants to move a player from their feeder to parent or vice versa then the price the parent/feeder club pays is dictated by what others would pay. to get this the player would have to be transfer listed as an auction type thing to get the market price and then the parent/feeder club has to basically match the best offer received by another club for the player or the player stays at the parent/feeder club or transfers to the highest bidder, whatever the manager of the parent/feeder club decides. that would solve a few arguments i guess!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:32

Rich@ManUtd wrote:
If Cole does end up at Gremio he will not end up at United. I have other striker irons in the fire at Old Trafford!

really? pull the other one rich, why on earth would you bid for an english player for a brazilian club when you could buy a better brazilian/foreign player for less money and less signon? that would make no sense mate! lol drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:34

I like to call it a very good bargaining tool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:40

I have high hopes for a real push for the Brazilian Championship next season and if forking out x amount for a player who is eligible for England enables me to strengthen Gremio in the future then so be it. Its all hearsay anyway and he'll prob end up somewhere else lol! Have very fond memories of Brazil as its where i have won my 1 and only league title all of 15 years ago!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:41

fair enough rich, it just seemed sceptical! maybe you'll get 30m for him, i'll shake your hand if you do Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:49

Rich, did you bid more than £6.75m? If not, then all of this is irrelevant!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 19:53

good point. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 20:33

No i didn't, I'm a bit mad but not certifiable lol! Thats just mental! That makes Him more of an outlay than i paid for Luka Modric!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 20:55

Looks like he is on his way to the Bridge then..... Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_exclaim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 20:58

Ah well will have to find someone else to compliment Maicon and Franco Jara! on the upside it means i still have cash to spend!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 21:20

Stuart@Roma wrote:
Will@Fulham wrote:
aim all out of youngsters if things go through accordingly, regret letting pekhart go a little scouted Lazio last week and his New Buycost is 9m!!

i think you'll find paul upped the tv just to stop martin from selling pekhart from lazio to bohemians cheaply.

1. Pekhart could not be sold from Lazio to Bohemians as parent to feeder deals are not allowed.

2. I had no idea that his value had risen to £9M.

3. Pekhart worth £9M!!!!!!!!! Not even as a ransom fee if he had multi billionare parents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 21:28

bought for 6.95m, can sell for 9m

everyones a winner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 15...........   Week 15........... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr - 22:24

Stuart@Roma wrote:
Matt@Hull wrote:
Rich@ManUtd wrote:

Massive fluke !

kudos to you Matt, really good management.

Great judgement call there Matt, job well done.

You can now move him to Hull for a nominal fee and a bit sharpish before Paul re-evaluates him.

This is a perfect arguement for the benefits of having a feeder club.
Back to top Go down

Week 15...........
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2