Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Week 20 Results

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Week 20 Results - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 6:51

Stuart@Roma wrote:
to be on honest, john hartson could probably still cut it in the irish league....

SO COULD BLOODY STEPHEN HAWKINGS AS AN IMOBILE GOALKEEPER!!! IMAGINE HIM BARKING DIRECTIONS TO HIS DEFENDERS Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_smile Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_smile Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_smile

My point is, retired player's should be retired from this game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 9:45

you fancy Zigic then Rich?

I had him on trial last week and got rid of him straightaway. £8m for that carthorse is just about £4m quid too rich for me.

Nice work on Begovic, although I am totally confused.

I sold Begovic to you at Man Utd not 6 turns ago for £11m. Having recruited him the week before from Wigan.

You bought him from Portsmouth, so assume you swapped him out for someone. So, by my reckoning...this is Asmir Begovic's season..

Wigan > Leicester > Man Utd > Portsmouth > Birmingham...

Surely this amount of movement for one player is sheer lunacy. Not having a pop at you at all, but starting to wonder if there should be a limit on clubs per season.

I quite like the idea of Paul managing a side. Not sure why.

Im not as annoyed by the Bent thing as Will, but just shows you you've got to try some stuff, even when you think it wont happen.

Not sure why Matt's deal hasnt gone through, seems a bit odd that one.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 14:13

Think I know what the reason will be from Paul. Basically Sunderland went from bein protected to personality managed and somewhere in between, in the system, they became unmanged so the deal went through. Fair play to Jamie for taking the chance.

However, I see your Darren Bent and raise you Thomas Muller...

You think thats frustrating, explain this to me....

Jamie@Schalke had a permbid in for Thomas Muller, which I matched, yet for some reason in between his club going from protected to personality managed, he decided to go to Schalke. What I don't get is in priority rules it states that players should go to real life clubs first, especially as both deals were identical.

Really upset and angry at this one as you can imagine. Week 20 Results - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 14:18

Rich@Leicester wrote:
because Im not a cheat Stuart....

and the last person I would go to for a favour would be Tom, even if I was that way inclined. No offense Tom.

would rather put up with taunts for not getting a side up, rather than taunts of, "you needed a favour".

None taken.

As it happens, there isn't anyone on here who I'd least like to do a favour than you anyway.

Don't think I'd be able to help anyway, my reserves would quite comfortably turn you over, unless I play Gerard Garner (11 years old)......that might make it a game. Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 14:20

Rich! im sorry its a turn to late, but if u need Carlos Tevez on loan (i've already got promoted with arsenal mathmaticly) i will loan you for the last game of the season if u need a favor Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 14:42

When I was manager Darren Bent told me personally that he would never leave Sunderland, he loved it there, loved the city, loved the fans who he called 'amazing' on a regular basis, and wanted to be part of the play off push, but then I resigned due personal reasons! And look what happens, he leaves at the first drop of a hat. I didn't realise I was such an integral part to him being at the SOL, I put this down to mutual respect.

Only a more serious note, I'm surprised to see the deal go through, whether its possible (which it obviously is) or not, I don't think Bent should leave Sunderland, until a personality manager comes in and then an appropriate (realistic) deal is struck, not one involving chucho FFS.

Its a shame these baffling inconsistencies seem so common and still exist, very frustrating to other managers, as Will & Tom clearly show.

Right back to the Online Poker.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 18:02

Sorry if my signing of Darren Bent has upset anybody.

Simply saw an opportunity that I thought was a real long shot and probably a waste of one of my ten dealings, just took a chance as I thought they might be unmanaged.

Was probably more surprised than anyone that it actually worked!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 18:14

Don't be sorry Jamie...fair play to ya, You keep yourself to to yourself in the game and go about your buisness quietly assembling a good squad which i like as they they...if you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 19:06

Tom@Charlton-Bayern wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
because Im not a cheat Stuart....

and the last person I would go to for a favour would be Tom, even if I was that way inclined. No offense Tom.

would rather put up with taunts for not getting a side up, rather than taunts of, "you needed a favour".

None taken.

As it happens, there isn't anyone on here who I'd least like to do a favour than you anyway.

Don't think I'd be able to help anyway, my reserves would quite comfortably turn you over, unless I play Gerard Garner (11 years old)......that might make it a game. Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

this is likely to be annoyingly true...

i've just got off the phone to National Express...I will be parking the bus..
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 19:09

Rich - Tom,

How long have you two been a couple? You sound like me and the wife or Stu and Gaz or Stu and that sheep he likes in the next field or Stu and ..........
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 19:10

Sorry Stu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 20 Results   Week 20 Results - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul - 19:11

Jamie, no need to apologise, great management from you. Don't think anyone has any gripe with you or what you did, just how it was possible.
Back to top Go down

Week 20 Results
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2