Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

free kicks @ world cup

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

free kicks @ world cup Empty
PostSubject: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul - 21:14

Is it me or has international football become ridiculous for easy free kick awarding? I'm sorry but it seems that if a big name player falls to the ground they are immediately awarded a free kick whether the defender gets the ball or not. I think this is an embarrassment for the sport and leaves me no option but to stop defending it when rugby players ask me why footballers are such 'pussies'. I would like to see much harsher penalties in place for players that go to ground for no reason. The only big name who doesn't partake in this 'pussiness' behaviour is the great leoniel messi!
Sorry about the rant. I needed it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul - 21:47

I could not agree with you more Jonny, this world cup apart from being ruined by the F***ing Vevuzals has been ruined by diving, diving and more diving and also the failure of the referees to book players for 'simulation'.

Also agree that Messi is even more creditworthy now for just getting on with things, his temprament maybe a huge contributing factor to him being the best player in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul - 22:08

even messi does it, not so much at the world cup, but ive seen him dive at barca!!!! but its the spanish football, did anyone see busquets in the champions league against inter at the nou camp!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul - 22:24

i think the thing that gets me more than diving is when players go down with their hands to their face when they havn't even been touched. the kaka sending off was a classic. laughable even. but there's been a few of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC06LDf_4E4
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul - 23:54

Doesn't really matter in this World Cup though, no-one will get near the target with the jabulani.

Can't remember a tournament so bad for a lack of spectacular free kicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 12:15

it is embarrassing,

whever im playing or watching theres nothing i enjoy more than seeing a whole hearted full blooded challenge, both players go in hard and and fair, pick themselves up,dust themselves down and get on with it.

can inject life into what was otherwise a drab game, could be one of the reasons why this world cup has been so drab with the game being constantly stop-started for pathetic little dives and play acting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 21:59

Will@Fulham wrote:
it is embarrassing,

whever im playing or watching theres nothing i enjoy more than seeing a whole hearted full blooded challenge, both players go in hard and and fair, pick themselves up,dust themselves down and get on with it.

can inject life into what was otherwise a drab game, could be one of the reasons why this world cup has been so drab with the game being constantly stop-started for pathetic little dives and play acting.

Could not agree with you more Will. What is the greatest sport in the world is being ruined as it no longer seems to be a man's game, and I am sorry if I offend anyone who has a partner or daughter that plays football. But it is a bloody man's game and a contact sport! The cheats, divers and theatrical play actors should simply get fucked off out of the game and sent home to play with their little sisters dressing up boxes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 22:32

Makes you realise it even more when you watch some of the re runs of games in the 80's when nailing into challenges was just run of the mill stuff.

really is sad but jonny is right, and it pains me to say it but rugby players are a tougher more phyical breed than the modern day footballer. free kicks @ world cup Icon_sad , theres really no argument against it based on the latest major sporting event
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 22:46

Makes it even worse when players go unpunished for tackles like Aogo's tonight. Disgraceful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: free kicks @ world cup   free kicks @ world cup Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 23:03

i missed it, what happend, was it a shocker?
Back to top Go down

free kicks @ world cup
Page 1 of 1