Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Empty
PostSubject: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 11:33

....... anyone got their post yet today?
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 11:52

postman just walked by.

i remember last turn paul told me he sent them friday and consequently they were date stamped saturday so im not believing anything the bloke tells me ever again and wont be passing on such information that he gives me in the event its a lie. it just pisses on people's fireworks. the only information i'll be passing on from now on is any delay in turn processing as its better to piss all the more on peoples fireworks than raise their hopes.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 11:56

I've got my turn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 12:01

I've got mine too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 12:17

you wankers are you kidding???

mine aint here!
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 12:22

Wouldn't joke about something so serious Richard!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 12:26

right then Jamie, please fax me a copy of the top transfers list to keep me going until tomorrow

or email obviously..

or post link on here.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 12:27

I'm afraid I've not got a fax machine or a scanner!

Says deadline is still this Monday as well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 12:28

for fucks sake Jamie, what sort of service is this?.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 12:30

My apologies - But I can tell you Nugent has gone to Forest and the foxes have signed Carrick and Reo-Coker, hope that helps!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 12:31

that bloody does help!. Thanks Jamie, you're a stand-up guy.

(not the comic sort).

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 13:29

Bit upset, Will got his turn yet neither of mine arrived, even though they all come to the same address!! Sad

Also, can someone explain to me why we all get our skills chopped in week 22, yet the teams involved in the playoffs just carry on with skills as they are, ie fully pumped.

Surely teams in the playoffs should be at a disadvantage, not an advantage?

This means that until our squads are up to speed then teams like Leicester and Fulham will have a massive advantage?

No pressure boys, but your results early doors should reflect this!

Catch up for Charlton then, it is purely a matter if I can hang onto Leicester's coat-tails. Shocked Second place looks like a realistic aim, maybe I'd be better to aim for the playoffs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 13:33

ah, Mr Tom Wenger is out the traps early on the mind games! lol

dont worry tom, im disrupted very early by departure of Edu (again), so I'm sure you'll be 9 points clear before I get my act together.

While Ryan Babel is there, I always aim for second.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 13:34

Got mine too and I'm up north can u feel the love?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 13:45

Yeah I've noticed the play-off non-skills drop before too. It's a difficult one to do from Paul's perspective - teams in the play-offs should be able to play their two potential games with fully trained teams. However all other teams are busy in pre-season training their teams up. The only recommendation I can suggest is that play-off teams suffer a partial drop in skills, say half? Any other suggestions? Maybe if there's a consensus then we could put something forward to Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 13:56

what should happen is that the play off semi final and final should be played on the same turn on week 23. Then suffer the normal full chop, giving the playoff side one week less to prepare than everyone else.

obviously, it's too late for that now...so we'll have to do it next year! lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 13:58

maybe they should lose thier skills this turn, and be behind, like the likes of blackpool were this season in real life, just a thought... oh, got my turn aswell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 14:00

turns -

if you order deluxe and have a feeder club then paul will jam it all in one envelope and whack a 69-er (69p stamp) on it....which usually isnt enough postage for first class i've always found if ive done extra friendlies or scouted teams etc.

if you order expert paul will either put it in seperate envelopes or pay extra postage.

the trick is.....dont order deluxe turns!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 17:14

think my teams around 3 weeks from being 100% ready for this season, hopefully wont lose too much ground at the start of the season, them playing me early on should get easy wins.....
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 17:16

guys, please see announcement about the deadline change for this week. I think most people will be happy about that given the lateness of everything this turn. more time to prepare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 17:56

my did'nt arrive today either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 19:06

Tom@Charlton-Bayern wrote:

No pressure boys, but your results early doors should reflect this!

oh right, u make it sound so easy only plymouth and City first up at home,

maximum points should be a piece of piss geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 19:17

Phil first up at St Andrews! Plymouth the next visitors so gets easier lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep - 21:28

Does anyone think the non-skills dropping for play-off teams is worth following up with Paul on? I have to play Will this week away and on a pure skills basis his team is much better than mine as it's fully trained. Any further suggestions on how to remedy the issue?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep - 21:37

I agree that it creates an unfair advantage.

What about if all clubs get their skills dropped in week 22 so we all start the season equal. I know playoff teams would be a lot worse off for the semis and final, but all the playoff teams would be in the same boat, so would still be a level playing field.

Alternatively, maybe the playoff teams should lose half of what everybody else does in week 24 , but I imagine this might be too hard to implement?

Or they just lose all skills after the final. That's the price to pay of being in playoffs. It should be a disadvantage rather than an advantage, in real life teams suffer as they have less time to prepare, so the game should surely reflect this?
Back to top Go down

So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next