Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep - 21:37

I agree that it creates an unfair advantage.

What about if all clubs get their skills dropped in week 22 so we all start the season equal. I know playoff teams would be a lot worse off for the semis and final, but all the playoff teams would be in the same boat, so would still be a level playing field.

Alternatively, maybe the playoff teams should lose half of what everybody else does in week 24 , but I imagine this might be too hard to implement?

Or they just lose all skills after the final. That's the price to pay of being in playoffs. It should be a disadvantage rather than an advantage, in real life teams suffer as they have less time to prepare, so the game should surely reflect this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep - 22:15

Theres no argument that in real life the playoffs are deemed as a massive disadvantage for the team gaining promotion through them and this should somehow be relfected in the game......as if it wasnt hard enough lol!

teams who go up through this route should be, as i am, just be delighted to be in the league above, even if it means taking on that early season handicap and making the task of avoiding relegation even harder, which is tough enough.

there needs to be something that makes it a disadvantage without it totaly crippling any chance of a win.

on a seperate note Dan, i really wouldnt worry mate, the 5/6 players youve got who look pretty well stacked stats wise will be more than enough.

not seen so many 8's and 9's lol!!its a very impressive side and its not even fully trained.
affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep - 22:29

The argument being that the difference between the end of the season for playoff clubs and promoted clubs in real life, in 2/3 weeks in a typical off season of 3 months.

Which is nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep - 22:46

I don't think playoff clubs should be disadvantaged. I just want a level playing field. There are already some issues in the game that give some clubs advantages over others. I can understand that. But this playoff advantage, and it really is quite a big advantage, is one that I believe should be levelled at least a little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep - 23:06

fair point Dan, i concur
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Sep - 0:21

Will@Fulham wrote:

not seen so many 8's and 9's lol!!
affraid

Welcome to the Premiership!

(I'm still more than a bit worried though)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....   So Paul says he sent the turns on friday ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Sep - 9:00

Dan@Plymouth wrote:
I don't think playoff clubs should be disadvantaged. I just want a level playing field. There are already some issues in the game that give some clubs advantages over others. I can understand that. But this playoff advantage, and it really is quite a big advantage, is one that I believe should be levelled at least a little.

Quite right. Level playing field for all. Just dont believe that the dis-advantage for playoff clubs should be as big as 'missing the entire pre-season'.

Back to top Go down

So Paul says he sent the turns on friday .....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2