Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 21:41

guys,

the system is set up at the moment where goalkeepers are strongest for unmanaged clubs, after that reality managed and managed clubs goalkeepers are weakest. i dont really agree that goalkeeping ability in the game should come down to depending whether a player is at a managed, unmanaged or reality managed club, surely it should be depending on the ability of the 'keepers reflexes and other GK skills. otherwise, what is the point in having a good keeper? i may aswell put a 9090 in goal.
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 21:57

dont like that.

should it not just be based on if the keeper is good in real life or not?

Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 22:15

That's just stupid.... like you say, whats the point?

Explains why Shay Given has gone crap recently.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 22:16

well, obviously not will...

but goalkeepers ability should, once given a rating to reflect his real life level, be based on the skills that he has. the way it is Ali Al-Habsi at Wigan suddenly becomes Lev Yashin when he plays against a managed team! its a bit rediculous if you ask me.

if a keeper has a skill of 9 reflexes then its usually because he's a decent keeper and my expectation is that he should make more saves and be more consistent than an average premiership keeper that has a skill of 6 for reflexes. shouldnt that be how it goes? otherwise...what's the point in me having Buffon when he plays like Robert Green every week? or worse even!

I really hope Paul can look at the goalkeeping situation cos Buffon has barely made a save all season.
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 22:19

completely agree.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 22:22

Is it worth most of us putting a note in with the turns to try and get this adjusted?

Is this a recent change, as I don't remember having to create 15 chances to score one goal last season?

Either way I don't agree with it. Mad
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 22:25

rather than Paul tweaked with the game engine to give reality and unmanaged clubs a handicap when they have crap players and thus making the game very unrealistic, i would prefer it myself that he instead continued with the good work he's been doing at giving the unmanaged and reality teams a better squad of players. giving these teams an artificial "boost" is just ruining things Sad

tom - paul said to this person that its something he only tweaked recently. i'm guessing its the last 3 or 4 games as thats exactly how many in a row that portsmouth have conceded 5 or more! i agree that we all need to write on our turns and bring it to his attention.
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 22:33

Stuart@Roma wrote:
rather than Paul tweaked with the game engine to give reality and unmanaged clubs a handicap when they have crap players and thus making the game very unrealistic, i would prefer it myself that he instead continued with the good work he's been doing at giving the unmanaged and reality teams a better squad of players. giving these teams an artificial "boost" is just ruining things Sad

thats it in a nutshell mate.

providing all agree with that statement, which i think all will, we should cut and paste it to the big man
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 22:59

Leave my poor Robert Green out of this! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 23:02

ha ha sorry rich....i just wonder....if buffon is playing like robert green then robert green must be playing like.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxrjlveATXI

oh hang on....rob (inter)....didn't the marvellous julio cesar pull off a similar stunt to that this week?! bounce lol
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 0:01

I have one of the (arguably) top 20 keepers in the world. Stekelenburg.

He performs in this game crap week after week despite having a decent defence in front of him. So I may as well have some made up player or an un-named apprentice in goal who would do exactly the same shit job.

Paul has tweaked all of the unmanaged teams and not just the reality managed teams to a silly level, therefore the managed teams are not just slightly handicapped but have been visited and gifted with Spina Bifida, Spacisity, Downs Syndrome and Multiple Sclyrosis, now thats a handicap! Cheers Paul.
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 0:09

Goalkeepers should peform to a level that their skills allow then to....simple as that,although the opposition i face may aswell not have a keeper cos i don't get any sjots anyway lol
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 12:01

Will@Fulham wrote:
Stuart@Roma wrote:

thats it in a nutshell mate.

providing all agree with that statement, which i think all will, we should cut and paste it to the big man

Agree entirely with this although in England especially there is limited talent available, most of the great players are at managed clubs. I think in that case there needs to be a way of unmanaged/reality teams holding on to their best players, at least during the season.

Should there be a case where, but for a transfer window during pre-season and mid-way through, that managed teams can't swap in players from reality clubs?

This would keep it competitive during the season and give Paul time to get the reality clubs up to scratch with replacements in case their big guns do go during the window?

Just some thoughts
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 12:05

I agree on the keepers part and Paul agreed it had been tweaked too much when I called him on Friday. I suggest some more of you call him so he understands it's an issue shared by everyone.
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 21:19

I spoke to Paul earlier today and he gave me quite a few updates. He assures me that he's made no changes to GKs recently and personality managers and unmanaged clubs' GKs get no advantage compared to the GKs of managed clubs. Good to hear cos I would be very upset if this was the case. The only big change he's made recently is to make fullbacks more effective. Personality/unmanaged clubs receive no advantages over managed clubs. Paul suggested that recently they've done well because they've had more settled squads than managed clubs.

I enquired about a transfer that was done between two personality managed clubs. It would seem that Paul has introduced a new system a couple of weeks ago where personality managed clubs will seek to try and sign their real life players. There's a ranking system which determines possible transfers. I understood that clubs are ranked on which division they play in and how much cash they have (I may have got this wrong though). Sadly for me, Man City are currently top of the rankings. Players are also ranked (largely on their ratings) to ensure that similar players are swapped (however I believe they ultimately the higher ranked club would benefit more from the transfer, especially if the two clubs play in two different divisions). This is done to attract new managers to the game (new managers may like to see real life players at their new club). Expect to see some more of this type of transfer in the future.

Lastly I asked about how to present possible changes to the game. He suggested that if there was a change you'd like to see take place then to run a poll here on the forum to get a consensus view and then forward the result to Paul. This was done for personality managers for example. Paul wouldn't necessarily implement the change - ultimately any changes would be his. But it's good to know that he's continually looking to improve the game and listen to our opinions.

Overall Paul left me feeling much more comfortable that game is being run well.

Edit - I set up a new thread for this as I felt it was important enough.

Last edited by Dan@Plymouth on Tue 15 Mar - 21:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 21:41

Very interesting.

Thanks for that Dan, much appreciated.

Not really sure if I am alone in this, but am really confused. Question

Two different people have conflicting reports after both speaking to Paul.

Don't really know what is going on? Suppose that isn't new though. clown
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 21:44

Hi Tom,

Yes I was a little confused too. He said that he'd only spoken to one manager recently and it wasn't Rob. Didn't push him further on it.

I've set up a new thread on this to make sure everyone sees it. Could managers please post their comments there rather than here? (Maybe Stu could move the last two posts here there?)

Thx,

Dan
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 21:47

I spoke to Paul last Friday before lunch time just after I got back from New York.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 21:52

I should add I specifically asked about goalkeepers and my inability to score even when dominating and having multiple times the shots of the opposition while my opposition were scoring more goals than they had shots. We also discussed when the player reviews for managed clubs were happening. I'm obviously happy to post this here for Paul to read as we even agreed that I'd call him back after Wednesday of this week so when he had more time to look at what happened. I find it strange he seems to have forgotten he spoke to me.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 21:56

What did Paul say about the player reviews Rob, did he give any indication of a timescale?

Will it be done as a staggered operation? ie. One or a few teams at a time. As I know a couple of teams who have been 'reviewed' and a few that havn't.
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 22:01

Not doubting you Rob, just passing on what Paul said earlier. Apologies if it came across that way.

On player reviews, Paul said that he'd done the unmanaged/personality managed clubs and was happy with the ratings at managed clubs (ie. there would be no big review for these). He also commented that this should give managed clubs a bit of an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 22:03

I have just e-mailed Paul and asked him if he remembered speaking to me and copied Dan on it just to clarify any suggestion that I didn't speak to him.

He didn't say what the timescale would be or even to what extent the reviews would be taken to. We didn't talk specifics but he did say it was a good time to get rid of players who were obviously on the way down hill but still rated highly.

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 22:08

or Hernan Crespo or Andrei Shevchenko, which I found out to my cost!!

Got to be honest though, I am partly pleased to see this, as these players shouldn't be rated at 9999 or even 9997 anymore as they are well past their best and certainly aren't among the best in the world at the minute.

Just wish I'd had a bit of notice, afforded to a lot of other managers at the minute.

All I can suggest is, get rid of these players now before you end up losing money on them. Although getting rid isn't quite as easy anymore, as no managers want that kind of player anymore. Think everyone has a good enough squad to be able to avoid old, past it players, so they end upp going for nothing. Get rid while you can....
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 22:10

We've all got them to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

goalkeepers Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 22:17

You're right Rob.

I think deep down we all know who our overrated players are!
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: