Tom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

goalkeepers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 22:17

You're right Rob.

I think deep down we all know who our overrated players are!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 23:00

Dan@Plymouth wrote:

Yes I was a little confused too. He said that he'd only spoken to one manager recently and it wasn't Rob. Didn't push him further on it.

Twas me to tell him that I am quitting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 23:03

Hope you'll reconsider Martin, it's good to have some characters around here. All the best whatever you decide though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar - 0:23

Dan@Plymouth wrote:
Hope you'll reconsider Martin, it's good to have some characters around here. All the best whatever you decide though.

Clueless as to whether that is a compliment or an insult, but in my vanity I will take it as a compliment as to my 'character'. But guess you did not mean it as an insult.

If I have a legacy in this game in only a tiny way, it has been my suggestion of sending tunes to each other. I hope you all keep it going chaps, as having a smile on your face, happy tappy toes, and a song in your heart makes every day a little better. Remeber chaps that summer is just a few weeks away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8GF5T16p2U&feature=fvsr
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar - 14:50

Goalkeepers are rated no differently to every other player, they perform depending on which skills you have trained them in. I didnt forget about talking to you Rob ( honest ) It was last week though and for some reason I thought Dan was talking about this week ( I'm easily confused when i need feeding ) It was a very long call Dan and i was supposed to be cooking dinner at the time !!! but nvm all's good.

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar - 19:35

Tom@Charlton wrote:

All I can suggest is, get rid of these players now before you end up losing money on them.

i dont really agree its worth bothering. IMO, shevchenko is worth the same as a 9997 as he would be if he were a 9992 to a human club so it makes little difference. if you offered me shevchenko id give you 1.5m for him as a 9997. if he was a 9992 id still give you 1.5m for him. A higher or lower rating means very little when the player concerned is near the end of his career. also, you lose very little money on older players even when transfer listing them so i wouldnt worry so much tom. all i'm saying is....everyone is in the same boat so it makes little difference really, i think everyone realised a long time ago (when reality clubs came about) that if they had a player over 29 they are screwed! the only way round the age thing and not losing money on a player is selling them before they turn 30, if they are beyond that then they become worth more to the selling club than the buying one, so better off keeping hold of them, especially if they are well skilled.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar - 22:03

All I was trying to say was before he got reviewed, he was worth 4m, now he is worth diddly shit. Hence I have lost money. Unless you want him for 4m? Shocked

Tempted by 1.5m to be honest.....
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: goalkeepers   goalkeepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar - 23:18

ahh i see....though im fairly surprised that he was even worth that much. When i sold Cordoba and Totti to Jamie last year they only had values of something like 2m with a simialr rating, hence my "assumption" that the lower values for older players mean you lose less...though in your case obviously you lose out. and....no...i dont want him for 4m thanks , unless you're paying his wages sunny
Back to top Go down

goalkeepers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: