Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 9:06

I was wondering recently if anybody has been using this "special action"......? I remember a little while ago when we went through a phase of us not receiving turns back in a timely manner that we, as a group, decided not to use it, giving Paul more time to process the turns rather than faff about with a ton of extra dealings.

I think it worked as turnaround improved and in the main has remained stable (have you calmed down yet Will?) but as I doubt that it has been removed from the "rules" and if selected as a special action Paul would process it we could end up down the same road as before.

I just thought I'd bring it up as I was very tempted to use it this week as I see target after target snaffled up by my fellow peers.

So, have any of you been using it? It would be interesting to see if loads have and the turns havn't been affected........ although personaly I don't think we should have it as we'd be spending shit loads on extra dealings!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 9:14

i am whole heartedly against it, but that's just my communist nature, mark. You have 10 dealings, make the most of them, its plenty to be able to bring in the player's required to build a successful side. If Paul allows any more then you just end up a situation as well where the gap between managed and unmanaged is even wider and clubs squads swell to even more rediculous levels. keep it as it is i say.

on the subject of special actions i've asked Paul to allow us to "Scout A Club In Depth". This would give you the team + skills sheet, player history, profiles and training ground report. these four would normally cost £1.20 seperately and i've asked Paul to consider creating this in depth scout report as a single special action code and charge a bit less for them, i suggested 90p.

I've also asked him to allow us to scout international sides that exist in the game
Back to top Go down

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 9:16

good moves these are Stu.

one ammendment I would like to see to the SO report is the inclusion of TS. At the moment you just see current stats.
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 9:33

Good stuff Stu, I've been trying to scout international sides for ages. Surely it can't be that difficult.

It would also be very handy to be able to do the RP special action on International sides.
Back to top Go down

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 9:42

i seriously dont use the RL special action enough.

I think this turn i've sent Paul more paper than he sent me last turn...90p it cost to send my turn to paul lol.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 9:48

mine was just a queen's head with three sheets Razz
Back to top Go down

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 10:31

I've stuck to 10 dealings since we all decided that was the way forward. I assume everyone else has too.
To be honest,it's much better and makes the game more of a challenge.

I've used the RL action a few times, the lists you get back are so out of date it's laughable.
Back to top Go down

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 10:53

I thought that since we discussed it on the old forum it was decided and confirmed by Paul that we were allowed a very strict 10 dealings only, which i have always stuck to since.

what is XD??

I asked paul on the phone a few couple of weeks ago about the scouting International teams and u cant at the minute.

He said you would think it would be very simple and no harder to do than the Club SO's but the system just wont do it.

I truly think my turn is late due to insufficient postage on it, my last one only had 90p on it and it scraped through the net, this weeks one still(sat am) hasnt arrived and the one we had when we last had a 4 week break pre xmas cos of the strikes arrived a week and a half after Toms did with insufficient postage on it.

On a more positive note ive sent him a copy of Stu's excellent spreadsheet so hopefully he'll ok that and we can at least gurentee that turns get back to him safely.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

XD Special Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: XD Special Action   XD Special Action Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar - 11:08

if people want to know about the online order sheet and how it's shaped up, they can from the help/support bit where i've started a thread
Back to top Go down

XD Special Action
Page 1 of 1