Phil@Watford
Tom
Ben@Plymouth
Rob@Barcelona
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:07

Having read the past few pages on this thread, it appears not everything is as rosy in the garden of Hemsoft as Rich tries to make out to me everytime we meet up for a beer or football. It appears you have been blatantly deceiving me for the past few months in an attempt to get me to join up again!!! I thought you said it was currently better than ever? Less problems? Its not the first time I've read this type of thread. Although I've never seen language so bad, and surely no need for the personal insults Martin? That's going way too far, IMO.

Its clear that the same inaccuracies , frustrations, perceived lack of professionalism from the man in charge, the lack of communication, the poor timekeeping, missing turns, a questioning of the product, value for money etc is still a large issue with many managers on here. So some things don't change, as they were quoted and mentioned regularly when I was in the game pre South America Trip.

I hope for all your sake that the numerous problems get sorted and quick, it appears it needs to happen to keep the game going. I've never heard so many people state that they are considering not bothering anymore and quitting. Can Paul afford for many more to leave this game?

Right, I'll get back to providing youtube clips, and commenting on Liverpool's current woe's in the Premiership.

Kind Regards,

Dan 'Quitter Boy Quitter' Rigby

Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:13

It seems that way and have only had 2 turns lol - if had not played before I basically would have been out the door already given my first turn wasn't inputted and my second one depending on when people get there turns might be a bit of a waste again regarding transfers.

Last edited by Ben@ManUnited on Tue 19 Oct - 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:15

you'd think the world had just collapsed... I agree it's a poor show that turns arent coming out to us all at the same time.

Next time I'll speak to Paul and ascertain what we need to do to get all turns back on a friday/saturday.

Then all problems will soon melt away.

The tightening on transfers is a good thing. Stops the ridiculous merry-go-round process that CF has developed.

Perhaps, if we were to sell a player against his will, we should have to pay up his outstanding contract as compensation for moving a player on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:17

ring him and ask him about the email turns Ben.

There's a form that Stu had developed which worked a treat, but it was stopped because people were putting links to reviews on it.

If it was allowed on the basis of "no NEW dealings, and no REVIEW dealings", it would solve a hole heap of problems.

Stu, how complex would it be to install again?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:19

I agree with Rich. The transfer changes I actually see as improvements. The biggest issue is turn around and expectation setting,
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:20

Yeah I agree turns should be posted with enough time for everyone to spend the weekend on it before getting it back. Email turns should be the way forward for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:32

Rob@Inter wrote:
I agree with Rich. The transfer changes I actually see as improvements. The biggest issue is turn around and expectation setting,

Spot on.

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:46

Communication is the biggest issue for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 13:03

right, mine didnt turn up, out of credit anyway, bollocks 2 it, packin it in, had enough of this, lost intrest over the last few months anyway, just glad i didnt opt for a season ticket....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 19:13

could someone post up the European results. No turn for me today.
Back to top Go down
Iain@RealMadrid
Premier League - 92/92
Premier League - 92/92
Iain@RealMadrid

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 20:18

Nothing for me either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 20:39

Got my turn yesterday. But I did send my turnsheet in a week early.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 23:40

Rich@Leicester wrote:
ring him and ask him about the email turns Ben.

There's a form that Stu had developed which worked a treat, but it was stopped because people were putting links to reviews on it.

If it was allowed on the basis of "no NEW dealings, and no REVIEW dealings", it would solve a hole heap of problems.

Stu, how complex would it be to install again?

well, the code would need a complete re-write since it was on the old forum and all that disappeared overnight. and i didnt have a back-up of any of it.

however, i did create an online form earlier this year which dan used a few times with paul's permission. its a spreadsheet style form which looks almost exactly like the turn sheet and can be opened in either MS Works or Office and Paul did confirm that it is viewable and useable his end. only Paul can answer whether he'd accept this again. there's a topic somewhere on the forum with a link to the form. but anyway its here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmUHzg-B3tVBdDg1bEdHM0QzMDNPM2dBaktza1RqekE&hl=en

to download it all you need is a google account i think. i can email a copy to people otherwise. this method would be a lot easier than having to buy dreamweaver and code a form to add to the site. im not even sure if i'd be able to get it onto the forum since the adding of additional web pages and php scripts is pretty limited unforuntately.

i do also have a cup orders sheet aswell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct - 10:10

Turn arrived at last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 1:40

Really quite miffed with the transfer activity at Marseille this turn as I only managed to new one new player Dimitri Payet, but on a plus side only paid £500k for him. Guess who is getting a review this week. Paul also simply ignored 5 new player requests, no feedback whatsoever, so I will have to make them again.

Good week for Bohemians which are my main team.............I finally got rid of all the remains of rubbish that I had inherited a couple of seasons ago without having to pay them compensation for terminating contracts, just sold them for free. Also managed to new in Christian Benteke who looks like a great acquisition for the future and managed to get the ownership of a duplicated player Rogelio Funes Mori sorted out in my favour (thanks Rob).

Bad week for Bohemians. Only drew with Shelbourne and attendance was down to 7,423 from last season's usual 25,000 home weekly sellout? Also got thumped in Europe, but I am only in that for the money anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 20:10

anyone elses next opponent sheets fucked up?? again i didnt get a next pponent sheet but did get one for Newcastle in the cup but im not even playing them it should be Wednesday
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 20:22

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
anyone elses next opponent sheets fucked up?? again i didnt get a next pponent sheet but did get one for Newcastle in the cup but im not even playing them it should be Wednesday

I got a sheet for you in the Cup too Gaz but I'm supposed to be playing Orient!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 21:34

Just thought I'd check the next deadline is still this Monday to have turnsheets in by?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 21:43

Monday 25th, yep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 22:06

Thanks. I'd better get scribbling!
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 22:09

I'm with ya Dan! I'm burning that midnight oil too!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct - 15:21

Tom@Charlton-Bayern wrote:
Jamie@Watford wrote:
The only bright point was Watford beat Tom's Charlton 3-0 in Europe and that took playing against 8 men and lost 2 players to 3 match injuries!

3 sendings off? WTF???

How is that possible with 6 aggression???

Now I'm really fucked off!

Sorry Jamie, by the way, it wasn't intentional. Like I said I had 6 aggression, nothing out the ordinary. I didn't go out to purposely nail your players.

Big red button?

having just read this topic in full properly im glad im not the only one that has been on the wrong end of something. 3-0 isnt so bad tom, having a sending off after two dives and having 3 penalties conceded at home (all dives and all scored) aswell as a clear offside and flukey own goal makes yours look a good result. i think i did well not to get too 'excited' about that fiorentina game actually. i'm not sure what happened in the empoli game as i still havnt had time to read my match report since i was rushing to get the thing out friday night, but well done jonny all the same. i can only assume that by telling paul to put my starting XI in the europe game mustve hamstrung me somewhat. still, no point making excuses Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct - 16:13

I only use aggression level 5 but have had two sending off in consecutive games with Bohemians, last turn it was Marcelo for a professional foul (straight red card) OK it happens. And this turn it was Felipe for............obstruction! No prior booking mentioned, obstruction is not a straight red for a first offence. Pah!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 2 Expectations & Results   Week 2 Expectations & Results - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct - 16:39

the saying 'go for broke' i guess is now referred to as 'go for stoke'. my aggression is 6 against the big teams and 5 against the rest
Back to top Go down

Week 2 Expectations & Results
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5