Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 11:35

Turn arrived, english results available.

Couple of managers on here took beatings, really surprised.

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 11:38

hit me with them
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 12:16

You lost 2-1 unfortunately gaz!
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 12:25

I am unhappy.

2-1 defeat on the road to a poor Sheff Utd side. And by the looks of it, Pav & Super-Kev didnt get a kick! Wtf!

More importantly, I am mega dissapointed in Paul. Matt spent ages building a decent side at Hull. He's been gone 1-week, and yet again, a decent side has been raped.

Gibbs & Bent to Everton in exchange for Yobo, Figueroa and no doubt a couple of quid.

That is ridiculous. How do we ever plan on building a competitive game if we constantly rape every unmanaged side. Paul's fucked off Rodallega for absolutely no reason...to Cruzerio?. Are they unmanaged?...what does that bloody achieve??

Paul was in receipt of mail from both me and Will and hopefully others asking him to properly protect Hull...

and then this. It happened the very week Dan left Sunderland, and now it's happened with Hull.

A joke.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 12:38

I agree this is ridiculous! I think tbh we needed an agreement between all of us not to touch Hull for a week or so at least and for it to be protected. Now obv its a free for all!
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 12:58

Gibbs to The Valley before end of season odds.... 8/11
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 12:59

That's a big statement.
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 13:01

Well Tom does have a certain way with words when it comes to his brother...

Dont cave Harry, Dont cave...

Not that he'll see this statement for a couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 13:30

I'm not willing to discuss transfer targets publicly. tongue

Havn't got that much influence, if I did milner and shawcross would have arrived this week!

Was I odds on to get Milner too?
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 13:35

didnt think you'd want Milner Tom, on account that he's rubbish.

Hurst has Buckley's pants down again...

sorry, Harry's names Holt isn't it. doh.
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 14:35

Terrible result, should have won but ya get no points for that, the only silver lining is everybody else had shite results too.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 15:16

Anyone know what happened in Italy?
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 15:24

Solid 0-3 Away performance from Inter. Etoo (2) Pirlo on the scoresheet.

Inter top on goals scored ahead of Milan who also won
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 15:51

I specifically asked Paul to protect Hull and Goias if possible. I can understand if he's ignored this, it's his game and I've quit.

Thing is though, I still sent my turn back for both teams as I had a couple of deals outstanding.
I have money left in both accounts, so I requested a basic turn for Hull and Goias (I asked him to do the dealings and just not bother sending me another turn). So I actually paid for turns this week, and both Hull and Goias should still be managed by me until next turn.

The week I announced I was quitting, it seemed the vultures were circling, Hull had been scouted by Tom, Jamie, Will, Rich (Brum) (interestingly not Harry, wonder how he was so on the ball with his swapbids then?...not really a mystery is it.)

Poor effort from desperate managers and a poor effort from Paul. Sad really.

If I can be arsed I'll phone him and ask what happened, doubt that I will though.

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 16:06

I share your dismay Matt. And not because I've missed out on your players, just that it would be nice if the Championship was a strong division.
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 16:07

Good result for little Bohemians 2nd win on the trot. Looks like changing to FLY has done the trick.

I am going to scout Goias next turn and get my rapist's mask out of mothballs, plenty of young talent there at cheap re-sell values.

If Paul can't be bothered to protect them it's an open market, even though it's a shame. It just means that if I quit there is a better quality of rape victim in Dublin!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 16:17

See I don't understand how if Matt is still the manager players can leave Hull? I feel like the goalposts have been moved somewhat.

If Hull were left with a reality manager then fair enough everyone has a chance to bring in players from the club.

However, I feel that in this instance everyone has not had a fair chance and that deals have be wrongly completed when there is a manager in charge of the club.

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 17:29

Sod all this....WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO MY CHELSEA TEAM???? losing to Boro is a fucking joke they are absolute dogshite!! how can i go from 4th last year to relegation dog fight with pretty much same team and more in depth squad,A tactic change is in order hmmmm what sha'll i play any ideas welcome

How did Cremonese get on???

i'll take Darren Bent of ya bruv or whoever it is Tom? for the record i dont care about Hull being gang raped and fair play to those that took a punt, its snooze or you lose in this game,we can all sit here and tickle each others bollocks but theres always someone who's gonna think fuck it im going for it then sit on here laughing while there team sheet is looking pretty

rant over mainly fuelled by my shit Chelsea side in the game........and real life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 13:02

Matt@Hull wrote:
I specifically asked Paul to protect Hull and Goias if possible. I can understand if he's ignored this, it's his game and I've quit.

Thing is though, I still sent my turn back for both teams as I had a couple of deals outstanding.
I have money left in both accounts, so I requested a basic turn for Hull and Goias (I asked him to do the dealings and just not bother sending me another turn). So I actually paid for turns this week, and both Hull and Goias should still be managed by me until next turn.

The week I announced I was quitting, it seemed the vultures were circling, Hull had been scouted by Tom, Jamie, Will, Rich (Brum) (interestingly not Harry, wonder how he was so on the ball with his swapbids then?...not really a mystery is it.)

Poor effort from desperate managers and a poor effort from Paul. Sad really.

If I can be arsed I'll phone him and ask what happened, doubt that I will though.

Not a mystery no, I shared my scout reports with him. I am naughty, aren't I? Twisted Evil

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we all learn how this works when Dan quit?

Basically there is a window inbetween a manger quitting and a reality manager taking over, where the team briefly becomes unmanaged.

This has been taken advantage of by more than one manager, others have tried, and others will try and succeed in the future.

If something needs to be introduced by either Paul or us, then lets get it sorted and not wait until after next time it happens.

As a side issue anyway, Matt, if you were so bothered about protecting both your teams and not letting them get 'raped', why did you make such a song and dance about it when giving them up.

Quoting Jim Morrison is all well and good, but don't be surprised when your team gets scouted the next week by a lot of managers, after you inform everyone you are going to quit. If Paul announced that Milan were going to be unmanaged next week, do you honestly think that no-one would scout them? It isn't desperate managers in my opinion, but just the nature of the game.

The sensible thing to do to make sure your players stay protected, is to let Paul know, leave the game, then announce it on the forum. Then transfers like Bent and Gibbs wouldn't and couldn't happen.

For example, how many managers on here are aware that I don't manage Bayern anymore?They are now protected, and I did that on purpose so they wouldn't be raided.

Not sure about the Rodellega transfer though, not sure why Paul thought it was necessary to do that?

Anyway, there are my thoughts, do with them what you will. Razz

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 13:30

could he not have shifted Rodallega to Villa or Leeds or somewhere like that?. Bizarre if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 13:41

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Sod all this....WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO MY CHELSEA TEAM???? losing to Boro is a fucking joke they are absolute dogshite!! how can i go from 4th last year to relegation dog fight with pretty much same team and more in depth squad,A tactic change is in order hmmmm what sha'll i play any ideas welcome

rant over mainly fuelled by my shit Chelsea side in the game........and real life Very Happy

I know how you're feeling Gaz!!! Newcastle are bloody rubbish this season, week after week I am getting players sent off, injured or both!! Like you I barely dabbled with my team during the close season so it should have been very settled, tactics worked well last season and early games were encouraging............ I even dropped my aggression but it's made no odds to the sending offs. This of course leads to lots of tinkering with the team and the comment, such and such didn't seem to know where his teammates were this week 'cos of all the disruption...great.

Pissed off and I have your team next so things are looking up for you Gaz! sunny
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 17:45

Scouting a club is - 'a poor effort from desperate managers'

Really?

Anyway, my main concern is how the hell did I lose 8-0 to Reading?

I don't think I conceded 8 goals in the leage the whole of last season!!

Reading have 1 player with CR over 92 and 1 player with TS over 100 - Wenger is clearly getting the best out of them!

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 18:59

Jamie@Watford wrote:
Scouting a club is - 'a poor effort from desperate managers'

Really?

Nope, not what I said is it.

Scouting, ofcourse not.

Swapping in after the first week of a team being unmanaged, yes, it's poor. But I know I'm in a minority of 1. And that's where I'm happy to stay.
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 19:57

got my turn not full turn cos my credit was in the red so the system couldnt print one shame cos my chelsea one was only 20 p under not happy that Terry dropped to a 9997 either and saha to a 9792
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7   Week 7 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan - 22:53

Has everyone noticed that the deadline for week 8 is 7th Feb. Thats a 3 week turnaround and another weeks delay to the season.
Back to top Go down

Week 7
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next