Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

The Home Straight................

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Home Straight................ Empty
PostSubject: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 15:09

So then guys,

The finishing line is in reach, what are we looking at.

i think between us all we have some promotion pushes, title challenges, relegation dog fights and some midtable medicority.

What category are u in with just 4 games remaining.

Is it a case of keeping ur head above water or is it one final push to bring in some glory?

have u already got one eye on next season?

any particualar areas of the squad need tuning? is it a complete tactical and player overhaul or just a little fine tuning?

Its been a pretty tricky season for all of us, we've lost a couple of game stalwarts in Martin, Dan and early on Henrik.

we've also seen millions slashed of the face value of our sides as re-sell values have been trimmed but i think that maybe now were all reletively aware that money for all of us is going to be tighter and so we need to be as shrewed as ever next year.

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 15:18

yeah but dont forget you'll have 50m tv money next year will being at two top flight clubs? 25m at fulham and 25m at feyenoord? who says money will be tight Razz

not sure where i'll be next season so cant really discuss plans until I have some Smile

you forgot that Colin also left aswell as Lee. looks like Jonny has gone aswell now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 15:30

lol
i havent chosen my feeder club yet, i dont think, expect or particurly want any of us who are getting new feeder clubs recieving a 25m payout.

were all going to be in the top flight of whichever nation we choose, maybe paul should allow stadium sponsors again for feeders and do away with the league proze money, 25m for just taking over is daft.

Back to the point.

4 games left, 7 point clear of the drop - should should should be enough to stop up.

as im forever the pessimist until its mathmatical i wont be happy.

Providing the seasons objective is reached - survival, then im hopeful for the future.

am doing everything i can do to get Robben tied down to a contract at the cottage and then will have to sit down and evaluate Gervinho's future, and whether or not it lies at Vicenza, Fulham or elsewhere.

Still need a right back (seems to be my problem position), although providing Fulham can raise the suitable funds and make it worthwhile for Vicenza Jerome Boetang might be heading over to add some raw but talented competition for that spot.

tacitcs have already been changed once this year and with potentially a choice of Robben, Valencia, Gervinho,Milner and Dempsey as tom has pointed out to me on more than one occasion to play anything other than wingers would be true madness

Vicenza (or team to be) have a royal collection of talent and i just want to continue that in whatever league theyre in but making them more competitive with those around them.

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 15:35

i wrote on my turn last week actually that paul should do away with tv revenue for feeder clubs and instead just have sponsorship contracts (stadium/kit) which are usually more equal. everything is then levelled out. bit daft that say gaz gets 25m for his tv money for cremonese and say tom and rob only get 4m simply cos they're in brazil and argentina. especially when you consider that santos and boca are actually much bigger than......cremonese (no offence gaz its just easy using you as an example cos you wont get upset if i do lol).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 15:36

agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 16:31

Cheers Stu your right i don't get upset lol, Well it looks like im going down to be honest but there is a glimmer of hope as my last 4 games are at home!! so the fans will be behind us.....if they turn up, I wrote to Paul this turn and will prob be doing away with Cremonese but will be staying in Italy hopefully as Sampdoria

As for my players may have a summer clearout, Frank Lampard could be one to leave he is 33 now although a 9999 Midfield General he is not the future anymore i may even let Terry go if i got offered 2 or 3 quality players. Ivanovic,Luiz are going nowhere
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 17:23

With Watford I'm in a relegation dogfight but also got an eye on the play offs, thats how close the championship is! Need to get out the relegation zone 1st, have 3 out of the last 4 games at home so I have a good chance. Also made the switch to SLO this turn, so fingers crossed that will have a positive effect!

Hope TV revenue doesn't disappear for feeder clubs! I want to compete with my feeder club but if some teams in the league get the tv money and the feeder clubs don't its going to make it very difficult to compete at all. Surely those of you moving to Spain and competing with Real and Barca don't want to be at an even bigger disadvantage! I know I don't want to be 25m behind Rob and Stu (if he stays in Italy) and I'm sure Gaz doesnt either!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 17:26

hell no i want all the money i can get me hands sod what you lot think lol, Hope you stay up Jamie cos it might wake some of my fancy dans up a nice trip to Watford on a wet winters day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 17:49

bloody hell gaz.

didnt know all of your last 4 games are at home!! , that does make it interesting.

iv still got to go to yours aswell, so maybe 7 points doesnt look quite so comfortable.

any ideas who else uv got left?

i need to look at my fixture list (if i can find it) im sure iv played more away than at home, either way with u being at home for the last 4 it could take the who thing right down to the wire..............hmm not feeling so cock sure all of a sudden. lol

forgot, still got my Europa Cup final to look forward to against Harrys Everton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 17:53

Well if my season so far is anything to go by i would'nt worry to much lol, Ive got Tottenham this turn which is big game then, Fulham,Birmingham,Man Utd...bring it on, ive never been relegated yet and if lady luck is shining hopefully i still won't have.....Think its time i sent some ink cartridges to Paul like Rich does Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 17:55

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
hell no i want all the money i can get me hands sod what you lot think lol, Hope you stay up Jamie cos it might wake some of my fancy dans up a nice trip to Watford on a wet winters day

well then i suppose paul then needs to make sure rob and tom get the 25m in brazil and argentina so that each club is on an equal footing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 18:03

tell u what gaz, iv think uv got a blinding chance mate,

with all due repect to the other lads, those are all very winable games especially at home.

im now worried again

it WILL go to the wire then.

iv got boro at home this week, would be confident but theyve got 99 99 adrian mutu and 99 99 Alfonso Alves - a u shitting me!!

i thought before i heard that news that 1 win would do it as i assumed u had at least one away but now and with a trip to yours its gonna need more.

shit shit shit!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 18:09

i think i might move my roma squad to valencia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 18:23

Reckon u should stu, the other team I had my eye in was real betis , but rich seemed to think u were having them
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 19:39

well....betis are more feeder club material i feel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jul - 10:37

Another one of those busy weeks for me, not sent my turn, although didnt have any change sor deals anyway.
Blackpool interested in more players than ever and have no funds!

Looking to raise funds a.s.a.p through every way possible.

Next few weeks dont matter to me as im not going down and it was always about next season when i took over.

Squad is already settled and almost there, i feel a couple of decent signings will help me be a force for a couple of seasons, then all my players will be 35 and i will have to start all over again lol!

Loving being back in England though and feel very settled at Blackpool. Probably gonna have ot concentrate on bringing youth in and selling at a profit. Watch this space!

Still, im only 1 point away from a play off spot so all to play for, however, happy to see what happens as not gearing up for promotion but would happily take it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul - 1:46

Leicester have basically won league 1...as long as I dont fuck it up at the valley this week.

Chievo are 4th in Serie B and mounting a challenge, but I think the move to Spain is coming this week, so Cheivo if they exist after this week...I doubt will be going anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul - 23:02

Well im in the exact same situation as Will, Gaz only 7 points behind with 12 up for grabs!

Scary thing is ive lost my last 3.. to Plymouth, Man City and Blackburn. and now ive got 3 away games and ONE home Sad

But changing tactic from ATT. as Paul said ATT away from Home is suicide.

The Emirates should hopefully be expecting Alot of new Stars gracing the Pitch!

Hopefully with a more French Theme along with Superstars!

Theres a Rare start for Chamakh and Guiseppi Rossi!!

Hopefully New Formation and Tactic will help Bag a few points before DDAY! Lol.

But fingers crossed for just abit of luck too!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 8:52

Interesting at Inter. 7 points ahead with 4 to play but I have a difficult away game at Cremonese this week. A win and I'm almost home, anything else and ........ Stability is the name of the game at Inter. A steady first team squad has paid off this season. Won both youth and schoolboy leagues comfortably which was nice and I think next years models will look even stronger with Casimiro, Yesil and Iturbe coming to the fore.

Boca .... league was won a couple of weeks ago. Focus is on the cup and the Libertadores. Youths have also won their league and next season looks exciting as I bring a few of this seasons youths into the first team - Coates, Bertoglio, Rojo and Abel Hernandez to the fore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 13:06

Just checked, 3 of my last 4 are at home starting with boro and their all 99 99 front line !!

One away trip to the bridge - simple game Plan for that one don't lose!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Home Straight................   The Home Straight................ Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 18:24

[quote="Phil@Arsenal

But changing tactic from ATT. as Paul said ATT away from Home is suicide.
[/quote]

if only i knew this a few turns back as this is what ive been playing
Back to top Go down

The Home Straight................
Page 1 of 1