Further down the home straight

Go down 
+2
Tom
Tom@Charlton
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Further down the home straight Empty
PostSubject: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 19:17

Week 20..

Leicester need a point to be up, and I reckon a win to clinch the title.

Having moved from Chievo to Real Betis (after all that discussion!) this week...ive gone from 4th in Serie B, to rock bottom of La Liga! Having said that, I'm within touching distance of the rivals and so assuming that I've not got to face Iain or Matt in the next 3 games, Im quietly confident of avoiding the drop!..although I'll be lobbying Paul to retain them in La Liga come what may! He neglected to tell me they could go down!

About 8 NEW's attempted at Betis, but will probably find them all in the big twos schoolboy academies!

Still, looking forward to a new challenge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 20:07

Well i'm 5 points off safety with 9 to play for, so this turn could pretty much either seal the fate or if results go my way being 2 points off safety with 6 to play for, But my luck this season does'nt suggest the latter will happen.

I'm at home to Will's Fulham i believe, Never has a local derby been so highly anticipated

Alex and Jack Cork depart the club this turn to graze on some new grass with Bassong to follow them a week later

Only noticed a couple of days back that Manchester City bid £10m for Drogba which is valid for next 3 weeks so thats a decision to mull over, £10m would be nice but it won't replace him,

Not a lot going on at Cremonese, They are safe but have The Copa Italia Final to look forward to which is something to be proud of this season...Only Milan stand in our way affraid It would be nice to win some Silverware before i depart to Sampdoria

Be lucky guys...............except Will Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 20:50

Real Betis?

Are you serious?

How can they be a feeder to Leicester???

LOL!! Only Joking Rich. I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 20:52

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Real Betis?

Are you serious?

How can they be a feeder to Leicester???

LOL!! Only Joking Rich. I love you

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 21:05

I hate you
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 21:19

are'nt betis back in la liga in real life? with average attendances of 45,000?

leicester.....who? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 21:52

big week for the cottagers.

A first attempt of some silverware and a lovely way to round off an excellent few seasons for the club.

taking on Everton in the Europ cup final and one way or another tommy going to be getting plenty of earache from whoever wins.

Believe me though not half as much as ricardo will if i win.............and u ja.

team news:
Out: valencia out due to ill timed injury.

In : Robben makes an earlier than expected debut with Milner switching over to an unacustomed right wing role, bit unfortunate but thats im hoping thats the best solution.

normal league back four and the usual suspects in the middle of the park.

Im hopeful and maybe was semi confident but the more i think about it Harry has a well oiled side that has kept him in the top half of the table for the vast majority of the season so its going to be a battle..........hopefully dicky quaresma wont come back to haunt me.

does mean the league side isnt as strong as it would have been had i still been fighting for my life, its still strong as im not going to do my fellow strugglers the diservice of gifting Gaz points....no matter how much he pays me (we missed a trick there gaz lol)
and there is back up ready and willing to come on if required.

Feyanoord, just carrying on from where Vicenza left off.

keep finding and developing that talent, maybe with a view for challenging for a trophy this year.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 22:08

Blackpool turn was interesting this week. Sent off this morning, 4 news on the way however think 3 maybe in the game already, but you never know, couldnt find them on the squad lists and echo wills piece about people updating them.
Few more shit players transfer listed for 150k lol
Jack Cork coming in to add some competition in defence and thats about it.
Scouts busy this week however cant see anyone else coming unless i can raise a serious amount of cash, hmmm, gonna be hard with a 9000 capacity and a growing wage bill.

Some of my high earners could be sacrificed over the next couple of weeks, watch this space.

My hunger for the game is back and being at Blackpool is keeping me on my toes, kind of hoping i dont get dragged into playoffs as would like to settle where i am and give it a good go next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 22:13

Its more likely i will gift you the points Will as they have done most of the season, We only know one way and that all out attack as needs must but its a bonus Toneh being out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 22:22

my bad gaz that team news is for the Europa final.

Robben, Milner and Super Bobby are all benched for our game, want them fresh for the final, theyll be prowling the touchiline though and coming on if things are going tits.

Tonys out for the remainder of the season Sad
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 22:33

Big week at Inter. Playing Milan and if I don't lose then they can't catch me. Juve are away at Napoli and if they don't win and I don't lose then I'm as good as home ...... I think. Either way if I can grab a win (I'll happily take a 90th minute winner that bounces in off Cambiasso's shin or arse) Inter are as good as champions.

Over at Boca it's leg 2 of the treble bid with a really difficult Libertadores final against Santos, who are probably favourites due to having better quality at hand. It'll be a tight one. Good news is I can at least have fresh players as I won the league weeks ago and I'm playing my youths in league games.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 23:42

Week 20 will be a exciting week for me, throwing Rvp, malouda, lass diarra straight into the mix. Playing a few friendlies so hopefully won't be to raw. And its a home game against utd. Hoping for a win as all 3 points will put me 10 ahead of Gaz and there will be nothing to worry about. Only new signing will be Luke freeman, not much activity at emirates. Just prepare for next season and get ready for a exciting league.

Finally got lille this turn and apart from swapping to a basic tactic and newing in 9 players n buying 1 nothing much happening there! Lol.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug - 13:54

afc bournemouth looking forward to competing with seaside rivals blackpool next season.

roma are going to win the Lazio-Campania Campionato.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug - 12:54

Nothing much happening at St Andrews, all eyes on the cup final! Settled team and squad at the moment so nothing on the transfer front really either.

All about next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug - 15:42

big week for me if i beat stuttgard ive won league really and champions cup final.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug - 16:12

Watford are in a strange situation, in the relegation zone but 2 points off the play offs! Playing top of the league this week at home.

At least Ancona are safe, not that they can be relegated anyway!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug - 16:24

Major week here for Plymouth away at City - if I have any chance of catching them I have to win...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug - 21:20

Rob@Inter wrote:
Big week at Inter. Playing Milan and if I don't lose then they can't catch me. Juve are away at Napoli and if they don't win and I don't lose then I'm as good as home ...... I think. Either way if I can grab a win (I'll happily take a 90th minute winner that bounces in off Cambiasso's shin or arse) Inter are as good as champions.

Over at Boca it's leg 2 of the treble bid with a really difficult Libertadores final against Santos, who are probably favourites due to having better quality at hand. It'll be a tight one. Good news is I can at least have fresh players as I won the league weeks ago and I'm playing my youths in league games.

I can tell you didn't get a next opponent sheet!! Better quality? Not yet!!

You have a cracking squad there Rob, and although I give myself a better chance than I had as Charlton against Inter in the final last season, I still see it as an uphill battle to keep the score respectable!!

Hope to give you a much stiffer task in future seasons mate, this one might have come too soon though!!

Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Further down the home straight   Further down the home straight Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug - 22:49

the only thing happening my end is selling di maria for shaqiri, banega and perreira. a straight swap tho it'll look weird on the transfer sheet as it involves three clubs.

oh yeah one or two others on the way in and out aswell.

more outs than ins though over the coming season closure.

made a profit this season for the first time, that in spite of my wage bill doubling. atleast i'm doing something right.
Back to top Go down

Further down the home straight
Page 1 of 1