Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 6 processing - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 18:17

That's pretty much what I see each week sitting here in the office so it was great for me to transfer some of that drama to the forum as well. Ive never been able to do it before because Ive always run the CF system on a stand alone machine, but now Ive got this supercomputer with split/multiple screens that can run multiple operating systems I can do it and I shall try to do each week from now on. It cheers the week up a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 18:25

Brilliant news,

If u dont mind me asking what's the supercomputer is it a pc or a mac?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 18:51

Absolutely brilliant reading this and even better that my daft racist pops up with the winner at Boundary Park
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 19:23

Echo all the above, brilliant reading, harks back to the halycon days of watching games on ceefax, i'm sure i'm not alone in feeling a little knot of dread every time Paul said there was a big goal and fearing the worst!

Can't wait to get the turn in my hands now!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 19:43

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Echo all the above, brilliant reading, harks back to the halycon days of watching games on ceefax, i'm sure i'm not alone in feeling a little knot of dread every time Paul said there was a big goal and fearing the worst!

Can't wait to get the turn in my hands now!

Saturday afternoons watching the scores on Ceefax with betting slip in hand. It's the only time I thought clearly throughout university.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 20:39

Immense read Paul, certainly broke up my normally mundane Tuesday. I very much hope this continues as it really is a cracking addition to the game!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 21:13

Will@Fulham wrote:
Brilliant news,

It's a PC that Ive built myself, well I designed the system, bought the components separately and put them together myself. And I have you guys to thank for that really, as I normally only put the cost of the game up when the postage goes up, and its always been the cost of the postage that has driven the price changes, but a few months back I did raise the price so I could build a computer which would allow me to do things like this for the game, so I'm glad some of you like it. I certainly do.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 8:58

Wednesday morning and the printing continues apace...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 9:07

Tom Huddlestone is rumoured to be unhappy at Charlton after being left out of the games this week and some players are unhappy with the clubs wage structure. Charlton dont have a shirt sponsor and Tom could increase his revenue stream if he found one. David Dunn left the club this week to rejoin Blackburn Rovers for a £2millions fee, a good bit of business for both clubs.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 9:15

A good week for Nantes with two wins from their two games reflects how well they are being run as a feeder club. Youngster Nacho Huertas signed this week from the non-league and all is looking rosy. Unbeaten in their opening six league games with four wins and with brazilian youngsters like Oscar, Lucas and Guilherminho the future looks very bright for the french league leaders. I'm pretty sure this is the first time a feeder club has lead a major league and looked favorites to stay there.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 9:18

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Will@Fulham wrote:
Brilliant news,

It's a PC that Ive built myself, well I designed the system, bought the components separately and put them together myself. And I have you guys to thank for that really, as I normally only put the cost of the game up when the postage goes up, and its always been the cost of the postage that has driven the price changes, but a few months back I did raise the price so I could build a computer which would allow me to do things like this for the game, so I'm glad some of you like it. I certainly do.

Paul, fair play for you on this, great innovation as far as I can see - wondering how this home server stuff might work too - any ideas when it might be implemented or what it will enable us to do? May have missed this on another thread, if so my apologies?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 9:29

Fulham's entry into the Champions league this season generated great interest in the club not only from the fans but from the media, sponsors and the money men and despite losing at Inter Milan by the narrowest of margins the players were all happy with the way the team played. As reported earlier, Georgios Samaras left for Manchester City in a £5millions deal after declining a similar offer from Inverness, stating he'd rather go to play in the premiership even if he has to fight for his place. Fulham need to sort out their wage structure with Steven Pienaar especially unhappy at the moment. A few teams, Fulham included, seem interested in Michel Vorm, who is currently at Ajax, and his fine form of late in real life makes him a good target. Fulham's first league cleansheet came this week but a general lack of form amongst their forwards has cost them their early season table-topping place. Man United are up next week, and without the suspended Van Der Vaart, should be easy prey for a good Fulham side.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 9:37

Feyenoord signed Kenneth Vermeer this week for £2millions even though their defensive record id first class, with three clean sheets in their last three league games, and three wins in those games suggests that they arent doing much wrong. They will have to sort out the six players being left out though else club morale will slide and the results will start to dry up. But on the whole another well run feeder club doing extremely well.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 9:46

Despite rumours concerning Darron Gibson's all night drinking sessions Blackpool have decided to take a risk and signed the young midfielder on trial. Quite a few clubs were chasing Gibson but he decided that Blackpool were his best bet from where to launch his career, hopefully Ross will agree and offer hima permanent deal. Steed Malbranque is on fire at the moment and is the driving force behind Blackpool's push for promotion with a sublime performance this week the club seem unlikely to accept the swap deal with Nadir Belhadj of Sunderland.

It's never easy trying to build up a small club like Blackpool but Ross seems to be doing a good job as he continually improves the quality of his squad. All the changes dont suit every player though and Chamakh is certainly not happy at being left out of the first team at this level and problems like that will need to be addressed sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:00

Somethings not quite right at Inter Milan at the moment, with complaints from the chairman, low squad morale, low first team morale and too many players being unused and a poor scoring record, amongst the main problems, and Rob will need to sort these soon if his season isnt going to be irrevicably damaged before its really begun. With all three academies overflowing with talent the three new youngsters this week probably didnt help their situation either, but Gianluca Prandoni, Bryan Cristante and Francesco Bordi were happy to be joining such a big club as Inter. And considering Inter's problem with goals they are unlikely to accept the £20millions cash bid from Napoli for Edinson Cavani. Fans will be looking for a distinct improvement next week when they play bottom club Fiorentina.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:04

Paul, this thread is absolutely dynamite.

It's terrific to get an insight into each club, and having your input/observations on everyone can only make it more entertaining. If you feel inclined to do something similar each week... I dont think you'll ever lose another manager from the game!

My day so far is sitting on the sofa, working on the laptop, the cricket on the telly, and this thread for entertainment... absolutely quality. Makes working from home all the more pleasurable!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:11

Boca Juniors are doing much better on the field than Inter, they're scoring goals for fun, with five in their last game against Necaxa and three in the league game against Independente, but they too are suffering along similar lines to Inter, with too many players unused. Their tactical system is spot on with their fine target man being the centre of attraction for all things on the pitch under the FAS tactic, and anybody wondering about tactics would be well advised to take a look at Boca and how Rob organises his side here and of course having the best young target man in the game doesnt hurt does it.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:20

I have no idea why I have too many players at either club. Frustrating. Boca have a squad of 21 (although if development academy didn't work/register this week that would add a couple more). But everyone in the first team squad played .... I think. Inter only have 22 but I do need to work on salaries and I need to sell a keeper too. Work required ......................... Loving all this though. Good work Paul.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:22

In a strange twist of irony the absence of Roma boss Stuart Foster from the dugout has coincided with Roma's best run of form for a long time. Some much needed stability to the first team has resulted in vastly improved results on the field and even though a prolonged absence will certainly have a detrimental effect on the results, the short term improvement has been astonishing, and Roma sit third in the league, not bad for "a bunch of no-hopers" as they were described by Stuart just before he became ill. Fans are concerned that the clubs poor wage structure needs to be addressed and visits by the assistant manager to various wives and girlfriends also needs sorting out, so lets hope Stuart returns soon.

Dynamo Daniele De Rossi is their star man on the pitch even though they play a SLO tactic with two playmakers, he still dominates proceedings, and this week's defeat of city rivals Lazio was a great result. We all know Stuart likes a deal but at the moment his squad is spot on with morale and form rising fast and if things continue like this, even though they are not in europe, they could be dark horses for the title, we shall have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:30

Paul, with a few people myself included seemingly struggling for wage structure..

is there any light you can shed on the minimum expectations of each CR catagory?

My wage structure was blown apart by signing Juliano Beletti last season... due to my failure to write a wage offer in (my own fault), he came in and defaulted to £75k pw...at which point, Carrick, Pavlyuchecko, Bridge and Park went nuts and demanded the earth!Beletti since departed but has left my wage structure in a poor shape, with all the squad players having a beady eye on what the top boys are earning...

any light you can shed on say an expected wage for say... 92 or 94 CR? does it depend on the division they're playing in...etc etc?

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:37

One defeat in their opening six league games is a vastly improved record for Sporting Lisbon this season, and since Stuart has taken them over as Roma's feeder club they have gone from strength to strength, and his wheeling and dealing style of management has been very effective at improving Lisbon. Another clean sheet this week sees them sitting top of the league above both Benfica and Porto.

But problems on the horizon include having too many players, but only just. There are twenty five players at Lisbon who are not in academies, of which twenty four are over21, meaning they fall within the maximum squad size restriction of 25, but still have too many unused players, even though one is a trialist and one is a 38 year old goalkeeper. So they too are suffering slightly with squad size issues affecting club morale. But generally things are going very well for them.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:44

I shall press on with the printing first, get that done ready for the postman at 3 o'clock then go back and have a look at some of your remarks after.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 10:56

Next up is Iain's Real Madrid with another fine win this week which keeps them unbeaten this season, but only in second place behind arch rivals Barcelona. Also an excellent win in europe sees their chances improve of going through to the quarter-finals as one of the top two. But with a heavy training schedule and two games a week some of the players look in need of a good holiday break.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 11:08

Barcelona look unstoppable in the league this season having scored no less than sixteen goals in five games, conceding just two, giving them six wins out of six games, tablw topping form indeed, and that's where they sit, top of the table. Boss Matt is certainly not doing much wrong. But he too is suffering slightly from having too many players, there are four unused players in his squad this week, even though his squad size is bang on the limit of twenty five. So a bit of improvement to be made even at Barcelona.

On the field things are going very well although Pato has been disappointing again so far this season as has Juan Mata who has yet to score in twelve games. But despite Pato's poor goalscoring record Matt seems unlikely to accept AC Milan's swapbid involving Ezequiel Lavezzi. Matt also seems unwilling to accept offers from Manchester United involving Boularhouz and Evra or from Valencia involving Capdevilla and Marchena.

Big game next week as Barcelona take on Real madrid.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 11:09

I'm sensing a trend here where the offers being made by reality managers are just a waste of time ? they do take a long time to process but are they worth it ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan - 11:19

Jimmy Briand's reward for such a good performance this week was a transfer from Matt's feeder club Flamengo back home to his favored club Marseille. man of the match Briand returns to Marseille in a £3millions cash deal, further swelling Flamengo's overflowing coffers.

A first win of the season sees things improving at Flamengo as squad sizes come down and wages are stabilised. The season can only improve from here on in for Flamengo.
Back to top Go down

Week 6 processing
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next