Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation
 
HomeSiteLog inRegister

 

 Season 23 Week 4 processing...

Go down 
+3
Ben@Plymouth
Rob@Barcelona
Paul Hemmings
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master



Posts : 32486
Join date : 2009-12-02

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:54

into the last few minutes now...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:54

Velez 2 River Plate 3
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:55

and a very late goal at Bilbao...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:55

where David Villa has scored again for Barcelona to bring the Champions back from the dead to lead 2-1 with just a minute on the clock, what great spirit Barca have shown in this game.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona


Posts : 513
Reputation : 135
Join date : 2009-11-28
Age : 42
Location : Deal, Kent

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:56

affraid

Get in!!!!!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:56

and a late goal at Ancona where Lazio have scored a consolation to make it 2-1 to Ancona right on full time.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:57

Okay thats it for another week, the final whistles have blown around all our games...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:58

now the inquests and celebrations will begin...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:59

Right i'm going to run all the transfers now so please feel free to celebrate or vent while I do that...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 12:01

frikkin Leicester. FFS.

must resist knee jerk reactions... it's just a settling in period. Still undefeated and one goal conceded all season. That said... got to be more inventive.

Excellent result for Betis away from home. 100% record continues
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99



Posts : 2365
Reputation : 868
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 12:04

Well a disappointing day at Goodison, thought about a few tactical changes and individual instructions but decided against them. On a more positive note though results seemed to go the right way so I think we find ourselves in touch with the leaders which am happy with. Good result for Lyon, nice to see Zlatan coming up with a couple of goals after his hopefully positive review.

I do know though that I need to bring some variety into the mix at Plymouth so will be looking at a few additional transfer targets shortly...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton


Posts : 4464
Reputation : 1632
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : Nottingham

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 12:18

Very disappointing.

Seems the error was telling my full backs to get forward. Well done Will, seems I still have a long way to go to live with the big boys in the league.

Hopefully just a coincidence, but the TM seems to have been generally quiet this week?

Not just Tevez, but Aguero, RVP, Rooney?

FAS tactic not so successful this week, teams with width now seem to be the ones to get the results.
City, Fulham, Watford three out of the four winning, and also Everton stopping Plymouth at Home Park?

Has the pitch shrunk back to how it used to be?

Hopefully just a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona


Posts : 2967
Reputation : 1059
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 49
Location : London

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 12:18

Inter winning 2-0 is nice especially as it's now 3 clean sheets in 4 games (3 in the last 3). Downside is Cavani seems to be the only man able to put the ball in the net.

At Boca it's another goal filled spectacular. Now with an average of scoring 3 a game and Farfan (5), Damiao (2 in 2) and Mati Fernandez (4) all on fire. Need to settle the Boca defence once and for all and this could be a Libertadores winning team in what will probably be my last season in Argentina as I'd like to try England.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 12:19

Mattia De Sciglio has joined Inter Milan in exchange for £5millions and Seb Giovinco has moved the other way to Ancona.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 12:26

everybody seems to be chasing a decent centre back atm with Man City again trying to unsuccessfully prise Jolean Lescott from neighbours Man United.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings


Posts : 32486
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Cornwall

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 12:37

Okay not many transfers this week, going to run the finances, training now after some lunch.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 13:20

Bugger a 1-0 defeat, Struggling for goals so far this season and Suarez aint getting a sniff, I'll see where i'm at around the halfway stage of the season before changing anything as its early days yet.Interesting to see how Davide Santon got on at RB after dropping Ivanovic who has been in shocking form for weeks now.



Cska on the other hand seem to be going along nicely and no problems scoring maybe thinking of using the same tactics at Chelsea to facilitate the arrival of Oscar
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton


Posts : 4464
Reputation : 1632
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : Nottingham

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 13:50

Just thinking about tactics Paul, after my team has been picked apart after my naive selection today.

Is there a possibly you could introduce a formation in the game similar to the one that seems more than fashionable at the minute in the Premier League? 4-2-3-1.

Not sure that there is a formation in the game at the minute that replicates this currently as 4-5-1 with Whs seems too defensive yet FLY with wingers would seem too attacking?

It is almost like the wide players need to be in between where the WH and wingers are on the pitch match. Maybe level with the TM?

Is this possible, something maybe you can look at?


Last edited by Tom@Charlton on Wed 28 Nov - 14:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona


Posts : 2967
Reputation : 1059
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 49
Location : London

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:02

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Just think about tactics Paul, after being picked about after my naive selection today.

Is there a possibly you could introduce a formation in the game similar to the one that seems more than fashionable at the minute in the Premier League? 4-2-3-1.

Not sure that there is a formation in the game at the minute that replicates this currently as 4-5-1 with Whs seems too defensive yet FLY with wingers would seem too attacking?

It is almost like the wide players need to be in between where the WH and wingers are on the pitch match. Maybe level with the TM?

Is this possible, something maybe you can look at?

I thought that you could play wide players in the ST roles in ISF which I think can give a similar formation if you play a DY plus AM/BW or AL/AR. The 1 up front being the CF.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99



Posts : 2365
Reputation : 868
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:06

Rob@Inter wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Just think about tactics Paul, after being picked about after my naive selection today.

Is there a possibly you could introduce a formation in the game similar to the one that seems more than fashionable at the minute in the Premier League? 4-2-3-1.

Not sure that there is a formation in the game at the minute that replicates this currently as 4-5-1 with Whs seems too defensive yet FLY with wingers would seem too attacking?

It is almost like the wide players need to be in between where the WH and wingers are on the pitch match. Maybe level with the TM?

Is this possible, something maybe you can look at?

I thought that you could play wide players in the ST roles in ISF which I think can give a similar formation if you play a DY plus AM/BW or AL/AR. The 1 up front being the CF.

You could do, although this wouldn't this be a 4-2-1-3, given that the 4-2-3-1 formations played in the Premier League rely on the wingers getting back to help defend? For example, Arsenal effectively play:

4- 1 (AM) - 1 (DY) - 1 - (TM) - 2 (LH/W + RH/W) and CF.

Or can you play this already in this game?

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona


Posts : 2967
Reputation : 1059
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 49
Location : London

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:10

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Rob@Inter wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Just think about tactics Paul, after being picked about after my naive selection today.

Is there a possibly you could introduce a formation in the game similar to the one that seems more than fashionable at the minute in the Premier League? 4-2-3-1.

Not sure that there is a formation in the game at the minute that replicates this currently as 4-5-1 with Whs seems too defensive yet FLY with wingers would seem too attacking?

It is almost like the wide players need to be in between where the WH and wingers are on the pitch match. Maybe level with the TM?

Is this possible, something maybe you can look at?

I thought that you could play wide players in the ST roles in ISF which I think can give a similar formation if you play a DY plus AM/BW or AL/AR. The 1 up front being the CF.

You could do, although this wouldn't this be a 4-2-1-3, given that the 4-2-3-1 formations played in the Premier League rely on the wingers getting back to help defend? For example, Arsenal effectively play:

4- 1 (AM) - 1 (DY) - 1 - (TM) - 2 (LH/W + RH/W) and CF.

Or can you play this already in this game?

Thanks

Ben



Isn't that the formation for CAT?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford


Posts : 1653
Reputation : 710
Join date : 2009-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Kendal

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:12

Well i had to leave the house for the second half and was unable to get too the internet.

Delighted to have come away with the three points, If my calculations are correct, that win puts me on the top of the league AND i havnt conceeded a single goal so far this season.

So my plan of bringing in the experienced Shay Given and Slyvain Distin has worked very well.

Everything seems to be going well at the Gunners!

Very surprised over in Lille neither Junior or Alberto scored this week, astonishing!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99



Posts : 2365
Reputation : 868
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 36

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:21

Rob@Inter wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Rob@Inter wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Just think about tactics Paul, after being picked about after my naive selection today.

Is there a possibly you could introduce a formation in the game similar to the one that seems more than fashionable at the minute in the Premier League? 4-2-3-1.

Not sure that there is a formation in the game at the minute that replicates this currently as 4-5-1 with Whs seems too defensive yet FLY with wingers would seem too attacking?

It is almost like the wide players need to be in between where the WH and wingers are on the pitch match. Maybe level with the TM?

Is this possible, something maybe you can look at?

I thought that you could play wide players in the ST roles in ISF which I think can give a similar formation if you play a DY plus AM/BW or AL/AR. The 1 up front being the CF.

You could do, although this wouldn't this be a 4-2-1-3, given that the 4-2-3-1 formations played in the Premier League rely on the wingers getting back to help defend? For example, Arsenal effectively play:

4- 1 (AM) - 1 (DY) - 1 - (TM) - 2 (LH/W + RH/W) and CF.

Or can you play this already in this game?

Thanks

Ben



Isn't that the formation for CAT?

Very true! Does anyone know how CAT plays out in the game/or has had any experience playing it?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton


Posts : 4464
Reputation : 1632
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : Nottingham

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:34

Ben is right about your suggestion Rob, it ends up being more a 4-2-1-3, too attacking in my mind..

Would like my widemen to defend too as well as attack. ISF seems just as attacking as FLY.

Agree that the formation that would suit is the CAT line-up, but I don't want to counter attack with it. I'd rather try and keep possession like Liverpool are trying to do, and Swansea have done for a while now.

You should be able to play at home with this formation, where I'm not sure many teams would be keen on counter attacking at home?

Is it possible to add variants of the CAT line up then?

To try and change the mind set of the players when lined up like this.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:38

Phil@Arsenal wrote:
Well i had to leave the house for the second half and was unable to get too the internet.

Delighted to have come away with the three points, If my calculations are correct, that win puts me on the top of the league AND i havnt conceeded a single goal so far this season.

So my plan of bringing in the experienced Shay Given and Slyvain Distin has worked very well.

Everything seems to be going well at the Gunners!

Very surprised over in Lille neither Junior or Alberto scored this week, astonishing!

Joint top douchebag
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona


Posts : 2967
Reputation : 1059
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 49
Location : London

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:56

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Ben is right about your suggestion Rob, it ends up being more a 4-2-1-3, too attacking in my mind..

Would like my widemen to defend too as well as attack. ISF seems just as attacking as FLY.

Agree that the formation that would suit is the CAT line-up, but I don't want to counter attack with it. I'd rather try and keep possession like Liverpool are trying to do, and Swansea have done for a while now.

You should be able to play at home with this formation, where I'm not sure many teams would be keen on counter attacking at home?

Is it possible to add variants of the CAT line up then?

To try and change the mind set of the players when lined up like this.

If you're looking at a possession based game then play 451 SLO with PM PM DY LH/DL RH/DR and a ST or CF up front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Season 23 Week 4 processing...
Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championship Football Play By Mail PBM :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: