Paul Hemmings
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 14:56

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Ben is right about your suggestion Rob, it ends up being more a 4-2-1-3, too attacking in my mind..

Would like my widemen to defend too as well as attack. ISF seems just as attacking as FLY.

Agree that the formation that would suit is the CAT line-up, but I don't want to counter attack with it. I'd rather try and keep possession like Liverpool are trying to do, and Swansea have done for a while now.

You should be able to play at home with this formation, where I'm not sure many teams would be keen on counter attacking at home?

Is it possible to add variants of the CAT line up then?

To try and change the mind set of the players when lined up like this.

If you're looking at a possession based game then play 451 SLO with PM PM DY LH/DL RH/DR and a ST or CF up front.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 15:31

But then that leaves me wide open against any TM.

Not looking for total domination of possession, just more than CAT would offer. Don't want to sit back, just play normally with options in the middle of the park?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 15:36

Would FLY with AM/BW combo not give that security?
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 15:50

I see where Tom is coming from - for example take Arsenal again as an example they play a CAT formation with possession football all controlled by Carzorla. It is essentially a CAT/SLO/FAS hybrid
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 15:52

Run all the stuff now, just going to start the printing and I will be sending out the email turns in about an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 15:54

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Run all the stuff now, just going to start the printing and I will be sending out the email turns in about an hour or so.

Fantastic, thanks as ever Paul!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 15:56

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
I see where Tom is coming from - for example take Arsenal again as an example they play a CAT formation with possession football all controlled by Carzorla. It is essentially a CAT/SLO/FAS hybrid

You could try MIX with an AM, PM, RH, LH, TM and CF which would work, although unless I am wrong Paul the TM wouldn't get much of a look in?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 15:56

I can just imagine the comments I'd get if I created a tactical system 4231 that uses 3 TMs I'd probably be lynched Smile

424 433 or 451 is equivalent to the modern 4231 as the system only recognises def, mid & att. 424 would be alar/lwcftmrw or alar/stcftms2 433 would be alardy/stcfs2 451 would be alar/dldydr/cf or alar/lhdyrh/cf

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Wed 28 Nov - 15:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 15:57

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:

You could try MIX with an AM, PM, RH, LH, TM and CF which would work, although unless I am wrong Paul the TM wouldn't get much of a look in?

everybody gets a lookin in MIX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 16:04

Paul Hemmings wrote:
I can just imagine the comments I'd get if I created a tactical system 4231 that uses 3 TMs I'd probably be lynched Smile

Wink lol

Last edited by Will@Fulham on Wed 28 Nov - 16:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 16:06

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:

everybody gets a lookin in MIX

Fair enough, the PM then decides who to pass to I guess depending on a number of factors. This could work then Tom playing AM PM TM LH RH and CF.

Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Wed 28 Nov - 19:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 16:09

I've just turned Portugal to a fairly odd variation of 4-2-3-1

I wanted to play Ronaldo up front but couldnt as his positions are LWRWDY...

so i moved to MIX and deployed Ronaldo as the central DY with an ATT command on him.

Portugal now line up like this.

4 at the back
BW - Mouthino
PM - Merieles
DR - Nani
DY - Ronaldo
DL - Simao (i think)
ST - Postiga

worked ok, beat Belgium 3-1. Not saying its' the answer, but if you've attacking DY's, it's a nice variation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 16:14

first things first.

totally surprised and of coarse delighed with the result.

took ages deciding how to play it, considered 451, 442 CAT WHV even thought about FLY or FAS but decided to stick with the sytem that although hadnt got the results had produced some good performances.

Tom has a very good side,tuned set up and balanced squad, so needed to respect his strengths (and that isnt just tevez), keep it tight but also not to completely sit on the backfoot so was hoping between them robben and mario would casue a little more problems upfront than carrol epsecially cos of big van buyten being carrolls equal in stature, which would probably cancel out the big lump into the box

delighted to see Valencia step up, certainly seems a better balance there with him and Milner.

As tom said i think i may have got away with one a little with a command or two he put on and maybe Kolarov will take a little longer to settle and not give valencia as an easier ride next time.

Last edited by Will@Fulham on Wed 28 Nov - 16:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 16:19

now the pleasantries are over.

is it too soon to start talking about nosie neighbours lol.

or

Hes scores every week, he scores every weeeeeeeek then he met fulham

now hes doesnt score evey week lol

thats it im done now.lol

Last edited by Will@Fulham on Wed 28 Nov - 16:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 16:25

for the record i played CAT twice a season ago.

won 1 lost 1 - both away from home

got a nice 2 goal win away at everton goals in each half perfect away day performance sort of thing.

then went away to united who also played CAT, they played it a lot better than me on the day as i got served 5-3 or something like that but they and Arshavin (grrrr) ran me ragged

come to think of it,i played it this season once aswell against Watford in the cup, away from home won 1-0 he was playing FAS, granted for the first time but i believe he was adequately trained in it.

so its worked generally quite well for me, the united one was a bit strange like i say as they played the same tactic, maybe home advantage helped on the day.

think its a good one to have in the locker though
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 16:51

I want to talk in brief to Alan Curbishley who was watching the game today between Charlton and Fulham, Alan we've several listeners asking what went wrong for Charlton today, what did you make of it all...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 16:58

Oh dear.....

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 17:03

Well, the main reason was that Fulham came prepared to match Charlton's strengths but Charlton came just to play for themselves without giving much thought to what Fulham would be doing. Sounds harsh but its not really. Fulham got in behind the Charlton defence, turned them and that always causes defenders problems as defenders dont like to defend facing their own goal.

Charlton had 2 options to help counter Fulham's width but took neither and even exasperated the situation by telling their fullbacks to push up. Firstly they could have asked their 2 dynamos to man-mark Fulham's winghalves, that would have even things up in the wide areas although curtailed some of their attack, or secondly they could have played winghalves instead of dynamos and not used man marking and still countered Fulham's width and still had 2 extra attckers to help their TM out. To do the second they would have had to chage to MIX tactic.

Charlton's 2 dynamos would be quite free when they attacked but only of any use if their TM was doing his job, which on this day, he wasnt cos Fulham were paying him special attention with both Sandro and the excellent Zabaleta always in close proximity.

These matchups are vital to both holding the opponents in check and finding away through yourselves to score, esp important in a league which is so very tight as it is this season.

Havent said all that Tevez has the ability to win matches on his own and on another day you may well have seen Charlton triumph with the very same lineups and tactics, but because of Fulham's prep it makes that less likely.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 17:05

So Charlton were a bit over confident and Fulham came well prepared.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 17:09

interesting.

i didnt realise u can man mark more than one person.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 17:10

Interesting, as I was toying with man marking with my DYs and leaving my full backs where they were rather than bombing forward.

Thought I'd rather go for it as I was at home, but went a little too far as it turned out.

Lesson learnt.

Welcome to the big league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 17:11

Paul Hemmings wrote:

or tommys plonker and willys a genius ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 17:13

Out-thought by Will.

Oh dear, I've hit a new low......I blame sleepness nights..... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 17:13

as i said to u earlier on i did exactly the same against phil a year or two ago, gave RVP the freedom of the cottage and he subsequently tore me a new one,even though i was at home left his TM all but unmarked, tought i could outscore him.

same sort of thing lesson learnt
Back to top Go down

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Out-thought by Will.

Oh dear, I've hit a new low......I blame sleepness nights..... Shocked

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 23 Week 4 processing...   Season 23 Week 4 processing... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 17:14

Will@Fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

or tommys plonker and willys a genius ? Wink

Whats worse is that I helped you figure it all out.
Back to top Go down

Season 23 Week 4 processing...
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next