Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 16:22

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Might be that during the bulk of the season we limit it with a few weeks at the end of the season/pre-season when the bulk of this could take place - bit like deadline day?

The beauty of this game for me is certainly the interactions with what is going on in real life as well, and adding new players. I am more than grateful for all the effort Paul puts in to updating the database here!
How I currently do it, I rarely do a review during the season. Unless a player is having a stellar season or makes there international debut.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 17:40

Friendly games have kicked off...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 17:42

You currently have ten dealings and you can use them for any of the dealing codes there's no limit on the number of news or reviews you can ask for.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 18:09

Looks like the final league games of the season will kickoff Wednesday morning at 1000 hours...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 18:14

Paul Hemmings wrote:
You currently have ten dealings and you can use them for any of the dealing codes there's no limit on the number of news or reviews you can ask for.

Thanks Paul, think I must’ve dreamt there being a limit! lol!
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 18:58

Chelsea run out for their final game more than happy to be nowhere near the relegation zone in their first season back, all in all a good season
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 19:03

gary@chelsea wrote:
Chelsea run out for their final game more than happy to be nowhere near the relegation zone in their first season back, all in all a good season
Always good not to get relegated .... I managed to get a Arsenal team with Henry, Rosicky, Hleb, Gallas, Reyes,Edu all relegated. Was impressive... 

My first ever signing was Jermaine Pennant off the transfer list 5million to play at RH... oh to be a young again lol!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 8:33

Just a couple of hours until kickoff now and we find ourselves at the end of another great season with some things still to be decided.

In Argentina we have Estudiantes and Argentinos level on points and both with very similar goal differences so this week's games are crucial, the one that scores the most will probably take the title by the narrowest of margins. Whilst at the foot of the table Independente must win or they may well go down taking Ben with them.

In Brazil it is almost as close with Sao Paulo and Botafogo both needing to win against tough opposition away from home to boost their chances of finishing top. Botafogo visit improved Flamengo whilst current leaders Sao Paulo must travel to Corinthians having already lost four games on their travels this season.

Derry City are the surprise challengers for the title in Ireland and if they win at Limerick the leaders will also need to win their game at home to Waterford. Cherry can not afford to slip up now.

No such problems for Watford who have been truly astounding this season, when the previous manager told me he was leaving he said it was because "he couldn't see how to make Watford any better" but low and behold in steps Phil, well experienced from his time at Arsenal, and within a season Watford are on a different level, I guess some people just have a gift for management. There's one last game to play that just happens to be against Watford's biggest rivals Charlton. I'm sure bragging rights will be well deserved for whomever wins the final battle of the season in the Premiership.

Everton have run away with the Championship title since day one, and with Wayne Rooney still scoring for fun, they stand a good chance of being a threat in next season's top flight. However the other two promotion spots have always been up for grabs with Manchester United, my own Banstead, WestHam and Birmingham all fighting for just two spots. It's very close and all four sides need three points today. All four sides are away from home at tough opposition and the slightest slip up could cost dear. From my point of view it looks like Banstead's chances are now slight with a trip to Birmingham coming up, I knew it was not a good idea to start drafting in new players until after promotion was achieved but I went ahead and did it anyways, why do we do that ? 

Title winners in the top leagues in France, Germany, Italy and Spain are already decided but there is still plenty going on just above the relegation zones, as clubs try to avoid the humiliation of relegation. Cagliari, once title challengers themselves, will be hoping they can win at Torino whilst Ancona lose at home to rebuilding Inter Milan. 

Scotland is still close with surprise leaders Aberdeen needing just a point from their game at Dundee to win the title from long time leaders Motherwell who are at home to Raith. Usual challengers Inverness, Celtic, Rangers and St Johnstone have all slipped from the race giving the Dons a great chance to win only their second ever Scottish league title.  

So good luck to everyone this week, even if your team is involved in important games it is a great oppurtunity to try new combinations in a competitive match, you never know you may just be creating the next Watford...
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 9:05

Massive game in Argentina for me - full on thrown into a relegation battle, coupled with rebuilding the team from a standing start. Gone with a familiar tactic, bonuses, full roster of friendlies and minimal changes to the side, hoping they can get over the line. Hoping for some new players in this turn as well to bolster the lineup.

In Spain a number of debuts so the fans can see some of the new players run out for the first time - still a few gaps which need to be filled and hoping this turn may have helped.

Twente continue their rebuild, with a focus on youth and Plymouth shift a few things around to continue to get their new tactic firing for next season. Game against Chelsea will provide a good test here.

Depending on my research and signings, aiming to have all players/pieces in place this and next turn so can turn my focus to other areas and preparation for next season...
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 9:08

Great read Paul.  

That's exactly what Charlton are doing this week, trying a new combination.  It is finally time to give up on FAS, after years of playing it with a lot of success, the time has come as it is just too predictable and won't ever win the big prizes.  In the big games it always falls short as everyone knows how to play against it.

This week we try a BAR experiment, but with it being more attacking than FAS and also being away to Watford, I have a horrible feeling we may need a calculator to add up Phil's scorers this week....good week to try it though as have nothing to lose.  Can't see it being the answer though as it is just too attacking and will more than likely fall short again in the bigger games.

I have racked my brains and read the rule book over and over in a desperate attempt to try and get the best front three in the world currently into the same team.  Honestly, don't think there is one that isn't far too attacking.

Its a real shame that the KOP formation was never developed as that would be the one, I'm sure.  I have 9 out of 11 of the best team in the world currently yet cant get them to play together!!  Perhaps that says more about me as a manger though! jocolor 

If anyone has any ideas on how to lineup with them I'm all ears....

All the best to everyone this week.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 9:20

Paul Hemmings wrote:

No such problems for Watford who have been truly astounding this season, when the previous manager told me he was leaving he said it was because "he couldn't see how to make Watford any better" but low and behold in steps Phil, well experienced from his time at Arsenal, and within a season Watford are on a different level, I guess some people just have a gift for management. There's one last game to play that just happens to be against Watford's biggest rivals Charlton. I'm sure bragging rights will be well deserved for whomever wins the final battle of the season in the Premiership.

So good luck to everyone this week, even if your team is involved in important games it is a great oppurtunity to try new combinations in a competitive match, you never know you may just be creating the next Watford...
Thanks Paul, for the kind words.. going to make me blush!

My biggest reservation taking over Watford was that i wouldn't be able to take them further then they already were... Safe to say them fear's have be squashed, however the higher you go the further it is too fall!

Good luck to every one this week (Apart from Charlton  lol!)
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 9:23

RESULTS & TABLES

---------------------------BRAZILIAN PREMIER DIVISION----------------------------
 GOIAS                              0 - 3  VASCO                     HT00  55,000 070\LUCILIO BATISTA
                                            Vander Rodrigues(49)                              
                                            Alan Kardec(66)                                   
                                            Alisson De Freitas(74)                            
 CORITIBA                           3 - 0  INTERNAC                  HT10  54,000 048\PAVEL CRISTIANO
  Giuliano De Paula(39)                                                                       
  Amaral Silva(48)                                                                            
  Silva Walterson(52)                                                                         
 FLUMINENSE                     TV  4 - 1  CRUZEIRO                  HT10  89,000 050\LIONEL GIOVANNI
  Silva Walace(7)                           Silva Leo(76)                                     
  Richarlison De Andrade(72)                                                                  
  Dudu Rodrigues(84)                                                                          
  Diego Ribas(89)                                                                             
 FLAMENGO                       TV  2 - 3  BOTAFOGO                  HT01 120,000 127\ROBERTO DA SILVA
  Fernando Martins(51pen)                   Givanildo Hulk(35)                                
  Sebastian Gamarra(78)                     David Luiz(63)                                    
                                            Alejandro Grimaldo(71)                            
 PALMEIRAS                          2 - 3  SANTOS                    HT11  40,000 129\FILIPE DEVILA
  Kleber Pinheiro(24,51)                    Jo Alves(18)                                      
                                            Gabriel Gabigol(62,72)                            
 CORINTHIAN                     TV  3 - 0  SAO PAULO                 HT10  40,199 064\PEDRO MATOSAS
  Ralf Teles(39)                                                                              
  Fabio Vieira(55)                                                                            
  Everton Ribeiro(67)                                                                         

Manager digged into the archive to see how Sao Paulo faired last season away to Corinthian.....
This was last season's finale........ How i'd love to have a repeat!!!
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 9:54

The players are out warming up  , looking round , its a nice stadium....
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:00

The ref blows the whistle and for the last time this season the games are underway, again, good luck to everybody today...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:03

Talleres 0 Estudiantes 1 Lucas Rodriguez on 4 minutes.
PSV 0 Genk 1 Antoine Griezmann.
Torino 0 Cagliari 1 Federico Macheda.
Atletico 1 Valencia 0 Dries Mertens.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:04

Important goals going in already as some teams appear to be well inspired this week...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:05

Schalke 1 Leverkusen 0 Leon Goretzka on 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:07

Feyenoord 1 Twente 0 Bart Ramselaar on 6 minutes.
Soton 0 Westham 1 Kolarov penalty.
Wybrzeze 0 Ruzomberok 1 Andrej Kramaric.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:08

Real Betis 0 Barcelona 1 Diego Costa header on 7 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:11

Talleres 0 Estudiantes 2 Mauricio Isla on 8 minutes.
Independente 1 Rosario 0 Lucas OCampos.
Emelec 1 LDU Cuenca 0 Charlie Colkett.
Juventus 0 Lazio 1 Thiago Alcantara.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:13

PSV 0 Genk 2 Ferland Mendy header on 9 minutes.
Cherry 1 Waterford 0 Nathan Delfouneso header.
Newcastle 1 Palace 0 Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Zaragoza 0 Sevilla 1 Munir El Haddadi.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:16

Flamengo 0 Botafogo 1 Lucas Moura freekick on 10 minutes.
Arsenal 1 Spurs 0 Alex Pato.
Man City 1 Liverpool 0 Youri Tielemans.
Bayern 0 Stuttgart 1 Toni Kroos penalty.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:18

Catolica 0 Nacional 1 Erik Lamela on 11 minutes.
Redruth 0 Stithians 1 Nathan Eccleston header.
Watford 1 Charlton 0 Harry Kane penalty.
Motherwell 1 Raith 0 Diego Tardelli.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:19

Corinthians 0 Sao Paulo 1 Agnaldo on 12 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:20

they all seem to be big goals this week...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 30 Week 22 processing...   Season 30 Week 22 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 10:21

Schalke 2 Leverkusen 0 Paulo Dybala on 13 minutes.
Back to top Go down

Season 30 Week 22 processing...
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next