8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

Season 31 Week 10 processing... Empty
PostSubject: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 8:46

Welcome to week 10 a big week for some of you, maybe even decisive...

The reset is underway...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 9:29

Paul Hemmings wrote:

The reset is underway...

Almost halfway ......
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 9:41

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

The reset is underway...

Almost halfway ......

lol!  its monday what can I say  lol!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 12:10

Watford

Week 10, where Watford and Charlton go Head-to-Head in the league for the first time this season, Title contenders Charlton are hot in pursuit with only 3 points separating the sides! 6 pointer right here!! Either open the gap or close it in one week. Watford had a somewhat of a surprise home game last week while dominating the lay couldn't find a way past the goalkeeper. Need to be more clinical then that in front of Goal if wanting to win matches, additional shooting practise was required in training. Raheem Sterling has benefited from his individual training this week having recovered from his minor knock. So manager is back up to full strength, and looking forward to how this game unfolds. The cup game last time out, the Charlton manager tried to dictate the tempo of the game a bit more.. Will he revert to his attacking ways? Will it be Sancho or Salah at TM......

You'd be forgiven if you forgot there was a CUP game this week ha. However, this weeks European adventure is against **Quickly checks turn** Oh yeah Benfica! I did prepare for this one.. I promise.. i think.. 
The starting line-up consists of the likes of Hudson-Odoi who is starting to show his potential and giving the first 11 players a reason to look over there shoulders! Could be a final game for Phil Jones, who has been at the Club longer then the manager. But these transitions are key in building a football Club. As the youth develops either need to cash in or move on! Axel Tuanzebe makes the bench this week and will looking forward to getting a run in the CUP in future rounds! The club have looked to make the additional count this week as they move on some of the youth and senior players who have been deemed Surplus.....

Genk

Have continued there Sublime start to the season and now face the Unmanaged Lokeren! Having played 9 so far and won 9, scoring 34 goals in the process. Putting the team in charge of there own destiny with regarding to retaining there Title. Costing the manager plenty in GS bonuses!! ha. The price you pay for success. Julian Rijkhoff arrived at the club last week to help bolster the academy after Brian Brobbey promoted to the reserves and CUP team. 

European opponents are Basel this week! Who will no doubt provide a stern test for the Belgium champions, with the likes of Bjarnason,  Gonclaves and Carvalho! The Chairman is excited about this seasons European chances after additions such as Eriksen and Co. Just hoping to keep the injury list Low, but the manager has smartly recruited in some cover and some players have been the opportunity to showcase there potential on a more regular basis. Veterans Dembele, Bonucci and Coentrao all drafted into the CUP team. 

Leveruksen

A bit of a stall in the league, with 2 back Draws for the current leaders. I blame the manager for being a bit of a Tinkerman... He just can't help himself! Last week saw Mustafi return to his native country. Allowing for the coffers to be boosted also, the club are looking to invest into youth and structure while hopefully pushing for the Bundesliga 1 next season.

European opponents this week are Russian Champions Zenit who are unfortunate this week to have Novikovas injured this week, however still have the veteran Dzyuba leading the attack. Leverkusen have adapted to life in Europe reasonably well. But need to keep the resting going as beyond the initial 11 first team players the quality is lacking, with the manager searching far and wide to bring in the right talent. 

Botafogo

Well well well, Botafogo Vs Fluminense.... It certainly is a extremely big week here in Brazil.. Another 6 pointer in terms of the title! The Hosts have a few injury and suspension problems, however the squad has been bolstered through out the off season and gives opportunity for players like Tete, Antonio and Dembele to showcase what they are capable of doing! Fluminense sit top of the table currently so hoping the team is FiredUp and Inspired for this match! As could potentially put the title out of reach otherwise. 

Copa Liba, brings Boca up who have Manco in red hot form against Botafogo! Botafogo are a little stretched this week and have chosen to rest up this week instead of training and are hoping the players will be able to cope with the Riggers! Hoping that the players brought in will give the manager some selection headaches.... Love headaches! 

Good luck to all managers Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 14:26

Thanks Phil, very interesting and entertaining read.

Data entry has started...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 17:25

I've been looking through large chunks of the code to see if I can optimise anything that would help with our ongoing issue with Windows 10 and it's lack of memory and I've done the maths and worked out that having the ability to rerun any league game takes up almost 30% of the memory allocation the system needs. The system stores the stats of all players involved in a league game that week just in case a game needs to be rerun, removing that would result in a much smaller footprint and would certainly help. How do we feel about rerunnng games ? Is it still something people want ? Alot of you no longer meet the requirements because you no longer use red pen for your order sheets but I'd be interested in knowing what everybody thinks.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 17:32

Paul - how many games are re-run on average?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 17:40

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Paul - how many games are re-run on average?

Four so far this season.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 17:41

Paul Hemmings wrote:
I've been looking through large chunks of the code to see if I can optimise anything that would help with our ongoing issue with Windows 10 and it's lack of memory and I've done the maths and worked out that having the ability to rerun any league game takes up almost 30% of the memory allocation the system needs. The system stores the stats of all players involved in a league game that week just in case a game needs to be rerun, removing that would result in a much smaller footprint and would certainly help. How do we feel about rerunnng games ? Is it still something people want ? Alot of you no longer meet the requirements because you no longer use red pen for your order sheets but I'd be interested in knowing what everybody thinks.
Personally, i've benefited from having a rerun and also had results overturned in the past cause of a rerun. However, i personally enjoy keeping the integrity of the game and would choose not to rerun a game is possible... Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 17:47

I think I agree with Phil on this.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 17:49

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Just quoting this quickly, encase he changes his mind  Smile lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 17:51

Phil@Watford wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Just quoting this quickly, encase he changes his mind  Smile lol!
Brutal.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 19:50

What are the reasons for rerunning the games currently? As I understand it, either an inputting error, very rare obviously, or a glitch in a tactic or something similar? 

Not sure rerunning a game for those reasons jeopardises the integrity of the game so much. 

Would you not aggrieved Phil if there was an input error this week and Lloris played as CF and Kane in goal against me in a massive game/cup final etc? Unlikely I know, but to not have the option of a rerun seems a bit harsh to me?
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 19:55

I tend not to look so deep in to the game that i would even notice if i needed a rerun  lol!  so i agree but then again i do not like to be agreeing with Rob either so  scratch scratch cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 19:56

Tom@Charlton wrote:
What are the reasons for rerunning the games currently? As I understand it, either an inputting error, very rare obviously, or a glitch in a tactic or something similar? 

Not sure rerunning a game for those reasons jeopardises the integrity of the game so much. 

Would you not aggrieved Phil if there was an input error this week and Lloris played as CF and Kane in goal against me in a massive game/cup final etc? Unlikely I know, but to not have the option of a rerun seems a bit harsh to me?
Valid reasons
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 19:59

For me, there are perhaps a couple of questions

1: Is the lack of memory causing potential system issues - so for example when I played Rich and he had 12 players on the pitch for most of the game?

2: If so, I presume removing the re-run helps to stop this happening?

3: if you remove it can you still re-run games if there is a clear system error or is this ability removed?

4: if so do we need some sort of Gentleman’s agreement whereby if a serious system error causes one of the managers to be significantly disadvantaged - and causes a negative result - then game is declared a 0-0 draw?

For me, less concerned about issues which might arise other than serious system errors - that’s football in real life...

Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Mon 23 Nov - 20:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:00

gary@chelsea wrote:
I tend not to look so deep in to the game that i would even notice if i needed a rerun  lol!  so i agree but then again i do not like to be agreeing with Rob either so  scratch scratch cheers cheers
Seems even more brutal than Phil’s response!

Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Mon 23 Nov - 20:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:02

Tom@Charlton wrote:

This is exactly the kind of error that could be mitigated by agreeing a 0-0 draw in this case if Phil were to lose... never know Kane might have a blinder in goal!

If it is really slowing the game down and causing errors I think we need to look at another way of sorting it out rather than re-runs maybe?
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:07

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
Luckily I love Gaz.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:08

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
Luckily I love Gaz.
Oh wow Rob.... I see how it is....  Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:11

Phil@Watford wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
Luckily I love Gaz.
Oh wow Rob.... I see how it is....  Sad Sad Sad
Does anyone know who this Phil guy is?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:13

Tom@Charlton wrote:
I probably would be.... but input errors a extremely rare of i havnt noticed many from personal experience. 

As for system issues, if reducing the memory leak helps smooth the game then that potentially removes a potential issue. 

I've played the game for many years now and never do i look through a turn sheet to find a reason to rerun a bad result. More look for ways to understand what went wrong and if there is a system issue. Fix for others ?
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:21

Phil@Watford wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
I've played the game for many years now and never do i look through a turn sheet to find a reason to rerun a bad result. 
That is Bens job  Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gary@chelsea
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
gary@chelsea

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:22

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
Luckily I love Gaz.
Not enough to sell me players dirt cheap though
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:27

gary@chelsea wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
I've played the game for many years now and never do i look through a turn sheet to find a reason to rerun a bad result. 
That is Bens job  Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers Gaz  lol!

I’m the same as Phil - it’s more to find out what I did wrong or to find out things for future games tbh...
Back to top Go down

Season 31 Week 10 processing...
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next