Rob@Barcelona
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:27

gary@chelsea wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Would you not aggrieved Phil if there was an input error this week and Lloris played as CF and Kane in goal against me in a massive game/cup final etc? Unlikely I know, but to not have the option of a rerun seems a bit harsh to me?
I've played the game for many years now and never do i look through a turn sheet to find a reason to rerun a bad result. 
That is Bens job  Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers Gaz  lol!

I’m the same as Phil - it’s more to find out what I did wrong or to find out things for future games tbh...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:27

I think there’s good points on both sides but if it helps with making the game run better then I think it makes sense to go that way. Not saying I wouldn’t be unhappy if there was an issue in one of my games ...... Benzema would be awful in goal, but if it made sense overall I’d be OK with it.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:40

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
I think there’s good points on both sides but if it helps with making the game run better then I think it makes sense to go that way. Not saying I wouldn’t be unhappy if there was an issue in one of my games ...... Benzema would be awful in goal, but if it made sense overall I’d be OK with it.
Absolutely - I think if it’s the very odd game then makes sense to go with what makes the game run better overall...
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:48

gary@chelsea wrote:
Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
gary@chelsea wrote:
I tend not to look so deep in to the game that i would even notice if i needed a rerun  lol!  so i agree but then again i do not like to be agreeing with Rob either so  scratch scratch cheers cheers
Seems even more brutal than Phil’s response!
Luckily I love Gaz.
Not enough to sell me players dirt cheap though
You can have Feghouli.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:54

Paul Hemmings wrote:
I've been looking through large chunks of the code to see if I can optimise anything that would help with our ongoing issue with Windows 10 and it's lack of memory and I've done the maths and worked out that having the ability to rerun any league game takes up almost 30% of the memory allocation the system needs. The system stores the stats of all players involved in a league game that week just in case a game needs to be rerun, removing that would result in a much smaller footprint and would certainly help. How do we feel about rerunnng games ? Is it still something people want ? Alot of you no longer meet the requirements because you no longer use red pen for your order sheets but I'd be interested in knowing what everybody thinks.

I'd be very pissed off if I lost a big final due to an error...although I know it's never happened. I think I've had a CL league game be rerun due to an error which was the difference between getting through or going out,  though some time ago....

You say (Paul) that the ability to rerun a game takes up loads of resources...what about if a game needs to be rerun, can you not run it using the current (updated) weeks' stats - so you don't need to keep track of last weeks' stats. I would rather that be an option, than no option, although I have no idea whether it benefits one team or another or even whether it can be done!

Just on the 'red pen' bit - it didn't register with me to use red pen when scanning the turnsheets - I guess you still need it done?

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 20:56

On the red pen bit, just realised that I haven't got a colour scanner, so that's a no-go!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 22:37

Phil@Watford wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
I've been looking through large chunks of the code to see if I can optimise anything that would help with our ongoing issue with Windows 10 and it's lack of memory and I've done the maths and worked out that having the ability to rerun any league game takes up almost 30% of the memory allocation the system needs. The system stores the stats of all players involved in a league game that week just in case a game needs to be rerun, removing that would result in a much smaller footprint and would certainly help. How do we feel about rerunnng games ? Is it still something people want ? Alot of you no longer meet the requirements because you no longer use red pen for your order sheets but I'd be interested in knowing what everybody thinks.
Personally, i've benefited from having a rerun and also had results overturned in the past cause of a rerun. However, i personally enjoy keeping the integrity of the game and would choose not to rerun a game is possible... Just my opinion though.
Just re reading this thread and not sure I understand this comment. Not having a go but when you’ve had a defeat re run and turned into a victory in just week 3 this season, how can you claim you’d choose not to rerun a game? 

What happens if I manage to keep hold of your coattails for the season and finish within 3 points of you? That rerun will be the difference? 

What happens if it is scrapped and a title challenger has a similar glitch but then can’t have a rerun? 

A little easier to claim this when you’ve already benefitted from it this season?  Why wasn’t your preference made clear after the Palace game?

Just wondering
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 22:41

If there is a glitch then it needs to be rerun in my opinion. It isn’t fair and whilst paying a decent amount of money every other week to play the game I don’t think it’s unreasonable for the option to be there if required?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 22:42

Surely the integrity of the game would be better upheld if all unnecessary mistakes were eliminated by the option of reruns?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 23:39

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Personally, i've benefited from having a rerun and also had results overturned in the past cause of a rerun. However, i personally enjoy keeping the integrity of the game and would choose not to rerun a game is possible... Just my opinion though.
Just re reading this thread and not sure I understand this comment. Not having a go but when you’ve had a defeat re run and turned into a victory in just week 3 this season, how can you claim you’d choose not to rerun a game? 

What happens if I manage to keep hold of your coattails for the season and finish within 3 points of you? That rerun will be the difference? 

What happens if it is scrapped and a title challenger has a similar glitch but then can’t have a rerun? 

A little easier to claim this when you’ve already benefitted from it this season?  Why wasn’t your preference made clear after the Palace game?

Just wondering
The game was rerun due to a system error and not of my own request. 
The game against Ben last week was offered as a rerun but I choose not to... due to none of my substitutes coming on. Even though the previous week saw Sturridge come off the bench and get the winner..that could cost me the title depending on this weeks results... that is football. 

I lost the world cup final Vs Germany 2 seasons ago and they fielded Suspendeed players. But again I chose not to rerun the game. Similar to last season when Genk knocked Nantes out I agreed to the rerun out of fairness..I dont always benefit from a rerun. 

Last weeks game saw Raheem Sterling come on as PM because he had been put down to come on at TM not LH meaning there was already a TM on the field. If that game had ended up me losing I wouldn't of asked tor rerun.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov - 23:45

Andy@Schalke wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

I'd be very pissed off if I lost a big final due to an error...although I know it's never happened. I think I've had a CL league game be rerun due to an error which was the difference between getting through or going out,  though some time ago....

You say (Paul) that the ability to rerun a game takes up loads of resources...what about if a game needs to be rerun, can you not run it using the current (updated) weeks' stats - so you don't need to keep track of last weeks' stats. I would rather that be an option, than no option, although I have no idea whether it benefits one team or another or even whether it can be done!

Just on the 'red pen' bit - it didn't register with me to use red pen when scanning the turnsheets - I guess you still need it done?

Andy.
I feel that using updated stats could be a alternative i know that potentially a player mught be injured or suspended during the game nit be available for the rerun but if it releases memory. A better alternative....
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 7:53

Very interesting conversation guys and maybe a usable solution suggested by Andy that would give us the best of both worlds. How do you all feel about any required reruns using players current stats ? Thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 7:59

Phil@Watford wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
lol! I've been looking through large chunks of the code to see if I can optimise anything that would help with our ongoing issue with Windows 10 and it's lack of memory and I've done the maths and worked out that having the ability to rerun any league game takes up almost 30% of the memory allocation the system needs. The system stores the stats of all players involved in a league game that week just in case a game needs to be rerun, removing that would result in a much smaller footprint and would certainly help. How do we feel about rerunnng games ? Is it still something people want ? Alot of you no longer meet the requirements because you no longer use red pen for your order sheets but I'd be interested in knowing what everybody thinks.

Just wondering
The game was rerun due to a system error and not of my own request. 
The game against Ben last week was offered as a rerun but I choose not to... due to none of my substitutes coming on. Even though the previous week saw Sturridge come off the bench and get the winner..that could cost me the title depending on this weeks results... that is football. 

I lost the world cup final Vs Germany 2 seasons ago and they fielded Suspendeed players. But again I chose not to rerun the game. Similar to last season when Genk knocked Nantes out I agreed to the rerun out of fairness..I dont always benefit from a rerun. 

Last weeks game saw Raheem Sterling come on as PM because he had been put down to come on at TM not LH meaning there was already a TM on the field. If that game had ended up me losing I wouldn't of asked tor rerun.
And here was me thinking you were trying to pack the Midfield to protect the draw  lol! .
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 8:00

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Very interesting conversation guys and maybe a usable solution suggested by Andy that would give us the best of both worlds. How do you all feel about any required reruns using players current stats ? Thanks for the feedback.
If the game runs better and for the very odd occasion this may need to happen, reckon this is a good compromise!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 8:06

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
And here was me thinking you were trying to pack the Midfield to protect the draw  lol! .
Protect a draw?! Ludicrous..... who does that eh Ben..... haha
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 8:07

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
If the game runs better and for the very odd occasion this may need to happen, reckon this is a good compromise!
Echo, could be grey areas with skills etc. But if it releases 30% of data to be used elsewhere in the game then I'm down for it.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 8:31

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Agree on this. Seems like a sensible compromise. Great suggestion Andy.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 8:33

Phil@Watford wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Protect a draw?! Ludicrous..... who does that eh Ben..... haha
lol! , safe to say I didn't look to play much expansive football that day... Not sure I even got out of my half!
Back to top Go down
Andy@Schalke
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Andy@Schalke

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 14:12

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Sounds like it's possible then, excellent.
I think it's a decent compromise - that keeps the option of a rerun.

I'm more than happy to put any stat advantages/disadvantages that occur in the rerun down to 'that's football' - because at least we had a second chance....

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 17:22

So.... you guys waiting for the CUP results Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 17:33

Phil@Watford wrote:

No. Just hanging out, hitting refresh .........

You?
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 18:02

Rob@Barcelona wrote:
Phil@Watford wrote:

No. Just hanging out, hitting refresh .........

You?
Chillling.... Drinking Rum, it gets me through these Lonnggggggg nights ha  lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave@Villa
International 94/94
International 94/94
Dave@Villa

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 18:20

Phil@Watford wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Would you not aggrieved Phil if there was an input error this week and Lloris played as CF and Kane in goal against me in a massive game/cup final etc? Unlikely I know, but to not have the option of a rerun seems a bit harsh to me?
I probably would be.... but input errors a extremely rare of i havnt noticed many from personal experience. 

As for system issues, if reducing the memory leak helps smooth the game then that potentially removes a potential issue. 

I've played the game for many years now and never do i look through a turn sheet to find a reason to rerun a bad result. More look for ways to understand what went wrong and if there is a system issue. Fix for others ?
Summs up my thoughts exactly
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 18:56

Okay, the midweek European Cup games have kicked off and that means the league games should be kicking off tomorrow morning at 1000 hours.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 19:00

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Okay, the midweek European Cup games have kicked off and that means the league games should be kicking off tomorrow morning at 1000 hours.
Impressive work that Paul, i think i did 74 dealings alone!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Season 31 Week 10 processing...   Season 31 Week 10 processing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov - 19:01

Confederations Cup - Match day 5 results

Cosmos 3 Constantine 0
Sydney 2 Accra 0

Cosmos go through to the quarter-finals as group winners

Melbourne 3 Enugu 3
NewYork 1 Tokyo 0

Enugu through as group winners

Grampus 0 Tampa 1
Chicago 3 Mamelodi 0

Chicago through as group winners

Setif 1 Kaiser Chiefs 2
Wydad 1 Kansas 1