Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul   Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb - 0:44

Well, i guess paul has to base a players PTCR with some criteria, as much as i agree with what what you say that it should be just based on his ability. the way the current ratings guide is currently set out grade B and C countries shouldn't actually ever have a player become a 97cr. they're either 95 or 99. ( https://2img.net/h/i181.photobucket.com/albums/x263/stu_foz/page3.jpg ). which, to me, is a little silly. it means a player in those categories are, supposedly, either dynamite or dog turd. one example i could give off the top of my head is alex song of arsenal being a 94cr for a fair while now, he'd be 97cr by now if he was anything other than cameroonian. so, yeah, on that basis why should alex song only be a 94cr just because he is cameroonian? and the same for hamsik earlier in this thread. so, i agree with the notion a player should be based on his ability. have to say that i'm often put off from buying players outside the major nations because its just too hard to review them to a decent level, usually because of their nationality and the difficulty in getting them reviewed up, skills aswell as rating.

regards llorente....his skills are pretty low for a 9999 arnt they? typical of a 97cr really. maybe each CR level should have a minimum amount of skills? or maybe even there should be a range for each level. i.e....94CR 85-95 skills 95CR 95-105 skills 97CR 105-120 skills, 99CR 120+. it would make each CR level more defining anyway, though i guess i'm just being tediously pedantic.

and yes, skills are the only thing that count when selecting your team, but it'd be better that when your opponent see's a 9999 on your team sheet that they know they're up against something superb, instead of a player that is, effectively, a 9797 skills wise.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul   Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb - 1:05

I have never had a problem with the nationality barriers. I have Aaron Ramsey who is Welsh. But he is a 9994. I reviewed him after his superb match vs Scotland and all his matches until he got injured. He is about 15/16skills off max which is probs fair.

So I believe u showcase enough information on any player. Not just one page saying 10 goals 10assists. And any player will get reviewed appropriatly.

I'm not sure how much football Paul watches or reads about etc. But he does seem to be altering a lot of players n given time I'm sure most players will be correct ptcr /ts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul   Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb - 22:37

Martin@Bohemians wrote:
As an International manager I have a right to question the quality of players placed at my disposal. Whilst I would never try to downward re-rate a player at a managed club without first discussing this action with the players manager beforehand, this does not apply to over rated players at reality managed clubs.

I am therefore about to divulge the message I have written to Paul on the back of my International return sheet. Verbatim.

''Hi Paul,

I am dropping P. Cannavaro, Pegolo and Calaio like a stone. They are all utterly over rated and are all given stars? None of them have any full International experience whatsoever with the exception of Cannavaro, who got the nod but was an unused substitute for a friendly 3 years ago.

Strange goings on afoot indeed at Napoli. Perhaps Diego Maradona is back on the coke!''

I now expect Italy to lose all the group games, and Bohemians to suffer in the league as a result.

And thus I became the prophet of my own misfortune (read final paragraph), never again shall I try and review a player in any negative light as the GM has a long and vindictive memory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul   Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb - 23:08

Going all the way back to Page 1 and the Original Post..... I saw Fred play for Fluminense last year and he was shocking, he missed 3 great chances, and even with my limited Spanish I could tell the Flu fans weren't best pleased.

Slash him, 99/90 at the very best.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul   Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb - 23:45

i did wonder why you were losing so many games martin. i even thought maybe you sent him some bourbon biscuits or something. i mean, nobody likes bourbon biscuits do they. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul   Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb - 23:54

Stuart@Roma wrote:
i did wonder why you were losing so many games martin. i even thought maybe you sent him some bourbon biscuits or something. i mean, nobody likes bourbon biscuits do they. Smile

Yes Stuart, don't rub it in! I know it should have been some Cream Puffs as paul might prefer a nice little cake to a biscuit. Lesson learned Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul   Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb - 18:57

looks like i have missed a fair bit recently ive a lot of reading to do. on this tho i dont tend to keep players i see as over rated i just get rid.
Back to top Go down

Overrated players - Suggestions for Paul
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3