Paul Hemmings
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:26

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul, did I ever give you a price on toner cartridges?...seeing as it's my bag so-to-speak

No you never did, but youre more than welcome.

I currently pay £24.50 incl VAT

HP laserjet 1100

Paul, in the interests of keeping the costs of playing down to a minimum for everyone. If you take two cartridges at a time, I'll do em at £20 each inc VAT free delivery

oh, and I'll invoice you, and you can have 30 days on it too.

If you're account runs low, I cant guarantee to get all your dealings done... but I'll try... Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

How about you send me 2 and I credit your game account with £40 and you still invoice me ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:35

Inter Milan are our next port of call where Rob plays the SLO tactic with winghalves, and looking over the match report and looking at his reports it does work exactly as designed. SLO is a 442 system designed to give you lots of possession and a 1-0 win. Dont expect to score lots of goals playing this way, its safe safe safe. He created 7 chances this week of which 4 were saved, 2 off target and one goal so there is room for improvement in the striking department. Both strikers could do with a boost to their form before they hit top form. Other than that there's not much wrong really with a superb midfield quartet of Di Maria, Ribery, this week's man of the match and matchwinner, Pirlo and Hernanes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:38

The best way to get form into players is to play small clubs in friendly games, as the poor level of the opposition increases the chances of your players getting superb performance ratings, which should increase their form.

Probably best not to play the SLO tactic though, try WHV or WIN which should create more chances, you could even play with one less midfielder and one extra striker to increase your effectiveness in the oppositions penalty area just in the friendlies against weak teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:50

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul, did I ever give you a price on toner cartridges?...seeing as it's my bag so-to-speak

HP laserjet 1100

Paul, in the interests of keeping the costs of playing down to a minimum for everyone. If you take two cartridges at a time, I'll do em at £20 each inc VAT free delivery

If you're account runs low, I cant guarantee to get all your dealings done... but I'll try... Smile

How about you send me 2 and I credit your game account with £40 and you still invoice me ?

Done deal. Does this mean the cost of my friendlies will be £4 each now? lol.

two of them on their way, will be with you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 13:09

Real madrid's only problem is that they have too many great players anf tye cant all play in the first team each week, although Iain does a very good job of rotating them to try and ensure they each play at least one first team game in a week he still has problems with player morale, and that's about the only thing holding his side back tbh. Alot of his side are on such good wages their attitudes have eased off but some are still chomping at the bit to play every week, players like Alexis Sanchez and Bruno Alves. Once these few wrinkles are sorted out i'm sure he will start firing on all cylinders again, and Real fans hope it will be in time for the european games.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 13:10

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:

HP laserjet 1100

Done deal. Does this mean the cost of my friendlies will be £4 each now? lol.

two of them on their way, will be with you tomorrow.

Excellent, but I think £4 a friendly is a bit cheap ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 13:21

The last two forum sides to be reviewed are two of the best run sides in the game, Matt's Barcelona and Jamie's Schalke, and it's difficult to see areas where they could make significant improvements to their sides, so what I'd like to do, rather than me review them, maybe they would like to review their own philosophies on the game, as I think we'd learn much more that way.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 13:22

That concludes this week's words of wisdom from me unless anybody has any more specific questions. So, I'm going to print off the rest of the non-forum turns now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 13:57

Well, after agreeing to supply scandalously cheap cartridges, I'm feeling a little unloved after not getting a bit of a review...

anything of note happen at the King Power Stadium Paul?

Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 13:58

Once again, excellent thread. Really enjoying this new dimension to the game.

The review on my own club is fascinating and helpful, but also I find the other clubs reviews equally as entertaining. Great to get an insight into how the other clubs are being run.

Long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 14:22

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Well, after agreeing to supply scandalously cheap cartridges, I'm feeling a little unloved after not getting a bit of a review...

anything of note happen at the King Power Stadium Paul?

Sorry Rich did I miss you out, apologies, I'll get right on it.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 14:29

Tom@Charlton wrote:

The review on my own club is fascinating and helpful, but also I find the other clubs reviews equally as entertaining. Great to get an insight into how the other clubs are being run.

Long may it continue.

Paul can only add to this - fantastic effort again!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 14:34

Leicester are certainly one of the better run sides and play a solid 442 WHV system with the skilful Harry Kewell providing the perfect foil for the more robust Pavlyuchenko upfront, and that should be a good combination. Their team has good experience in defence with Bridge and Carragher and an excellent keeper in Tim Krul who may need a review by the way ( and thats got nothing to do with you supplying us with cheap carts Smile )

Micheal Carrick is superb at playmaker and Christian Poulsen anchors the midfield well, obviously things could be improved at some places in the team, as there are one or two empty shirts in the reserves for instance, but I guess that's true of most of the teams, but overall Rich has things well under control. Although I guess that Kleberson and Park should really be in the first 11 , so still some room for improvement, but generally pretty good.

Results have been steady and include a fine win over Spurs, although the next two games, at home to Chelsea and Charlton will be a sterner test. Interesting times at Leicester for sure.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 14:41

I'd like to say something about the WIN tactics as employed by Manchester City, mainly cos I dont like to see them struggling so much, even in the game...

Geoff employs a 433 WIN system which is proving quite ineffective this year as City have slid down the table and now lie in ninth place, and I cant remember when they were last down that low. His 433 system with two wingers and a centre forward relies heavily on the CF actually winning the ball from crosses, if he cant do that then you create very little thru him. Thats what is happening to City atm, they are relying on their wingers to cut inside and shoot, which is okay, but not the best use of the WIN tactic. Even Lamps cant get into the game cos in WIN he will feed off the CF alot of the time.

WIN was designed as a 424 system and doesnt require a playmaker so you need to really play with a CF ST up top and a AM DY in the middle ( but you dont have to ), maybe a change of player positions might favor City's season.

But Geoff has plenty of experience and i'm sure they wont be down for long.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 14:48

Signing players that the club have previously let go is possible but there is a cooling off period for the player. atm I think its about 48 weeks before you can resign somebody although some players will never return to their previous club if youve not treated them well. If they leave and say they were happy to leave then they wont come back until theyve been to a 'buffer' club and forgotten all about how badly your club treated them. If youve recently taken over at a club then you improve the clubs chances of resigning somebody, although again its not a guarantee of success.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 14:49

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Signing players that the club have previously let go is possible but there is a cooling off period for the player. atm I think its about 48 weeks before you can resign somebody although some players will never return to their previous club if youve not treated them well. If they leave and say they were happy to leave then they wont come back until theyve been to a 'buffer' club and forgotten all about how badly your club treated them. If youve recently taken over at a club then you improve the clubs chances of resigning somebody, although again its not a guarantee of success.

Thanks Paul, good to know!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 14:52

Somebody has asked me about the dynamo, so we'll go there go for awhile.

Your dynamo is your engine room but he is not creative at all, a bit like the ball winner, who is also not creative. The dynamo will attack when you attack and be back to defend when you need him if he can and if he wants to. He wont create much though. His attacking prowess comes from him being in or around the penalty box and so adds numbers to your attack. He'll then look to get into good positions and hope for other players, like CFs or TMs to pick him out with a pass so he can shoot. When he defends he will tackle and he adds weight of numbers to your defence when you need him.

The number of attackers vs the number of defenders is very important in the game. If defenders outnumber attackers then the attack suffers, and visa versa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 15:27

Tom@Charlton wrote:

Long may it continue.

completely agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 15:30

Paul,

Happy to take Distin if its not too late to sort this as Jamie has confirmed it was his error in writing my formation down rather than my club number.

I may look at Aaron Hughes this week aswell, didnt realise he was at non league. Is there a command that i can use to get a list of non league players? or an easier way to find players in non league as i had a little help with Holt Smile

Lovign this thread and the excitement it is causing is brilliant, well done Paul, your really pulling out all the stops here.

My review i thought was great, not even been a seasn in charge and my blackpool team has come on loads and im really enjoying the job. Settling the team down this year was always my plan and to be honest will be happy once things do settle down and i stay in the division. Relegation is not part of the plan and neither was promotion. In for a few bumpy weeks and gonna push hard next season if i can get the positions in i need this week.
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 17:27

I'm also very pleased with my review this week. Paul didn't pinpoint any problems at the emirates so I'm going to take that as I managed to sort them all out last week Razz

But this is an amazing addition too the game. Made my rivalry with rich this week even more exciting.

Also its good to hear how others manage there team and the finances etc. Always useful when trying to strike a potential deal!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 21:08

Paul,

Just a thought, but while there are bungs flying around the forum in the shape of ink cartridges, would you be interested in receiving brown envelopes full of stamps?

Myself and William could credit our accounts with the stamps that you use on the envelopes, any denominations you need.

Although we sadly can't offer a discount, it might save you time at the Post Office counter? Cutting down on the time you waste, listening to the endless chit chat and drivel that comes out of the clerks mouth whilst serving the three pensioners in front of you, all pissing around with their coppers trying to make their pension a round amount.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 21:10

Bloody good idea that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 21:31

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul,

Just a thought, but while there are bungs flying around the forum in the shape of ink cartridges, would you be interested in receiving brown envelopes full of stamps?

Myself and William could credit our accounts with the stamps that you use on the envelopes, any denominations you need.

Although we sadly can't offer a discount, it might save you time at the Post Office counter? Cutting down on the time you waste, listening to the endless chit chat and drivel that comes out of the clerks mouth whilst serving the three pensioners in front of you, all pissing around with their coppers trying to make their pension a round amount.

Absolute desperation from Hurst..clearly with his trip to the Kingpower in mind!...pathetic Tom.

In fairness though Paul, I've used the Buckley/Hurst brand of Royal Mail stamps in the past and they're very good. Reliable, efficient, and endorsed by the Queen.

Be careful though, you've seen Tom's dealings in the past....ask yourself if that stamp is really worth 46p...or if he's managed to massage the price up somehow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 21:38

lol!

i can vouch for it, its all pucker and above board.

would be handy though as we can put stamps through the business and get a little tax relief, and we all like that dont we. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 22:10

To be fair, there is a lot of sleight of hand that goes on, on pension day.

You have to get up early to catch me and willy out.

They don't miss it though, half of them have forgotten they have had it by the time they reach the door. We earn it though, looking at their corns and listening to their stories about the war.

Happy to do a fair deal with Paul though if needed, we make enough out of some office supplies company.....
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 22:20

[quote=Rich@Leicester]...and endorsed by the Queen.[/quote]

Didn't even know Stu knew about our dealings!

But if he endorses them, fair play to him.

affraid I love you
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Processing
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next