Paul Hemmings
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 14:14

The game at Plymouth provided the home side with a good win that they deserved against a very well organised Reading team. Robinho was the man of the match with match winner Wayne Rooney not far behind. Plymouth's MIX tactics played out fairly well for the first time, with Samir Nasri given early responsibility for the playmaking role, but you kinda get the feeling that the players have all been wedged into positions that they are not quite fully comfortable in, and it was a good performance without being breathtakingly great, which is what Plymouth fans have come to expect over the years. Very solid in defence though and Reading couldnt capitalise on any of the four chances they created.

One pundit suggested they abandon the MIX tactic altogether and go for a tactic that made better use of Rooney and the great dynamos the team have available to them.

Plymouth did win the race to sign Per Mertesacker as he eagerly accepted his new contract.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 14:44

Stuart Hall was watching Watford for us, what did you make of the game Stuart ?

"A cacophony of seduced woodlice praunced through dangling shreds of ... mic goes dead...

okay thanks Stuart.

Watford play the SLO tactic and gained 64% of the possession over Leeds and the game went very much the way of the home side, except in front of goal where they only created 2 chances, mostly because alot of their crosses were played low into the box, which was very crowded, boxes get very crowded with slow buildup, and centre forward Adebayor was never really able to use his top weapon, which was his height advantage over Gallas and Whitbread in the Leeds defence. Chung-Yong Lee was their man of the match with Charlie Adam not far behind.

There is no Training Centre at Watford so it is mostly only the first team players who are near being trained up, but this situation doesnt help the competition for places at the club. Take for instance Adebayor on 148 skills, his nearest competition is only on 75 skills or 59 skills, not enough competition really. But certainly going in the right direction playing some very nice tactics.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 14:49

One other thing I would say about Watford is that they dont have the money to be able to offer their top stars a decent win bonus and that doesnt help motivate them in close games.

If you look at Watford's reserve side you get a good idea of how this affects players, reserves dont expect win bonus or competition for places and they have scored 9 goals already, second top scorers in the reserve league.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 15:00

A word about Ancona who play the MIX tactic very well. Jamie's feeder club has Francesco Totti in as playmaker and they play with winghalves in a sensible 442 system. This week they restricted the league leaders AC Milan to just one chance, although unfortunately Mandanda let it in, else it may have been an even better result for Ancona.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 15:01

We'll take a look at Charlton next.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 15:03

I think Gary has pulled a blinder here cos before the match he gets Terry Wogan to help put the opposition fans to sleep before the match. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 15:29

Sorry bout this but the printer's playing up I'll have to go and check it out and hopefully carry on later.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 16:13

Landed in sausage land. OK Munich what have you got? Oh ..... snow. Arse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 18:30

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Chelsea are our next port of call and we can go over to Paul Mitchell. Are you there Paul ?

"Just about, i'm still being fed wrong information in my earpiece though, but I'll struggle on. Chelsea are too good for this league but this was a game that Charlton should have won, they grabbed 63% of the possession and created more chances and with Jack Wilshere they had the man of the match by a mile, but they did fail to score and when the chance fell to John Obi Mikel he took it with some aplomb to give the league leaders an undeserved victory."

So what went wrong for Chelsea ?

"They play the MIX tactic without a playmaker ( have I said that before ? ) and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, against the lesser teams it may work well, but against a good side like Charlton it just didnt work, even though they got the three points."

"So to sum up Charlton were robbed."

Erm...i don't have a PM Very Happy Would Suarez do a job in that position?? or i could play Ben arfa and Suarez up front...hmmmmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 18:32

Paul Hemmings wrote:
That's better, couldn't find any chips but a sausage sandwich hit the spot.

I really don't want to know about you and your sausage sandwich lol!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 19:39

Paul Hemmings wrote:

One pundit suggested they abandon the MIX tactic altogether and go for a tactic that made better use of Rooney and the great dynamos the team have available to them.

Hi Paul,

In which case have a question, and this follows on from what you said in the past thread about FAS. Have found that when I play FAS the TM (Rooney) doesn't seem to bring in any of the DY's into the play. Wondering whether there are some things that managers can do to get the DY's more involved when playing such a direct tactic?

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 19:51

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Hi Paul,

In which case have a question, and this follows on from what you said in the past thread about FAS. Have found that when I play FAS the TM (Rooney) doesn't seem to bring in any of the DY's into the play. Wondering whether there are some things that managers can do to get the DY's more involved when playing such a direct tactic?

Thanks

Ben

when youve got Rooney who wants other players getting involved Wink Lol!!
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 19:57

Will@Fulham wrote:
when youve got Rooney who wants other players getting involved Wink Lol!!

True, although he can't always do it on his own - do need some other players getting involved lol!

Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Tue 7 Feb - 20:16; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 20:01

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ive checked the Distin deal and Watford def wrote down toclub 352 it wasnt one of my typos and from then on the system did the best it could.

Many apologies Ross, I have replied to ur private message

Put the deal down, well thought I did, got ur club number from the league table but wrote down the formation not the club number, that's where the 352 comes from.

Really sorry mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 21:11

Jamie,

No worries, actually laughing at the fact you wrote my formation down!

Is it too late to sort out Paul?

Ross
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Feb - 21:37

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Jamie,

Ross

Glad you can laugh mate, im an idiot!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 10:27

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Jamie,
Ross

It is really too late I'm afraid, but I could offer you Aaron Hughes instead from the non-league if you fancy him. at 32 and 94CR nat NI cost £2millions ?

Or Ibrahim Sonko instead from the non-league at 31 92CR nat SEN and cost of £1millions ?

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Wed 8 Feb - 16:29; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 10:28

I'm now waiting for a new print cartridge to be delivered. I should be able to continue soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 11:35

Paul, did I ever give you a price on toner cartridges?...seeing as it's my bag so-to-speak
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 11:54

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul, did I ever give you a price on toner cartridges?...seeing as it's my bag so-to-speak

No you never did, but youre more than welcome.

I currently pay £24.50 incl VAT

HP laserjet 1100

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Wed 8 Feb - 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 11:58

Charlton we're very unlucky this week not to come away from Chelsea with all three points and I'd say that both sides are very close together in terms of what they could achieve and I expect them both to be in the top flight next season.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:08

Fulham came from behind this week to show real character and even though the possession was pretty even at 51-49 the home side certainly had more of a cutting edge as they created 10 chances to United's 3, and the socre would have been much higher had Robert Green not been in such good form.

Their FLY tactics are working very well, with Robben in as TM, Milner and Valencia on the wings and Zamora or Bent upfront, it works just as it should and they seem to create quite a few good chances.

Interestingly feyenoord also play the FLY tactic but their TM is Jeremain Lens and they didnt create as many chances, it just shows how crucial a good TM is in the FLY tactic. The same would apply to the FAS tactic as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:19

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:

HP laserjet 1100

Paul, in the interests of keeping the costs of playing down to a minimum for everyone. If you take two cartridges at a time, I'll do em at £20 each inc VAT free delivery

oh, and I'll invoice you, and you can have 30 days on it too.

If you're account runs low, I cant guarantee to get all your dealings done... but I'll try... Smile

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:22

Blackpool are progressing nicely now they have re-instated Steed Malbranque into their 352 FAS system as the target man. I can see why Ross wanted Sylvain Distin to help out his three centrebacks but one of the alternatives should do just as well. Landon Donovan should be scoring alot of goals in this league although he may need some extra striking support against the better teams, so maybe instead of playing BW AM DY in midfield, swap one of them out for a striker on occasions. Grant Holt and Landon Donovan could be a nce CF ST partnership. Holt needs a review quite badly as he's been knocking about in the non-league for ages now. Cahill should also be banging in goals for fun at this level.

All this is very positive for Blackpool fans but as yet the team havent clicked and crowds are falling and goals hard to come by, but i'm sure it'll change once everybody settles down and gets to know each other.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:23

[quote=Rich@Leicester]
If you're account runs low, I cant guarantee to get all your dealings done... but I'll try... Smile
/quote]

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 7 Processing   Week 7 Processing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb - 12:26

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Rich@Leicester wrote:

HP laserjet 1100

Paul, in the interests of keeping the costs of playing down to a minimum for everyone. If you take two cartridges at a time, I'll do em at £20 each inc VAT free delivery

oh, and I'll invoice you, and you can have 30 days on it too.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

How about you send me 2 and I credit your game account with £40 and you still invoice me ?
Back to top Go down

Week 7 Processing
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next